Skeeters And Sasquatch

NathanFooter

Guest lightheart

Agreed. That is why I politely said thank you and let it go.

About the calls they did seem to come from about ground level. The beginning was like someone large clearing their throat or a second or two of Sierra Sounds finished by the barred owl. 

Also finding a bunch of dead pygmy rattlesnakes. I am rather grateful for their demise before I got there.

Guest lightheart

LoL They were not eaten and had not been there long. Just lying on the trail dead very early in the morning. I suspect that it happened during the previous night or that very morning before I got there. I have found about five or six of these in the last month.

Nate, take another selfie where you don't look so serious. HA! Just kidding. You are ace's kid.

From my experience in Southeast Louisiana "Skeeters" don't give a hoot where they get their next meal from. Sasquatch, Bear, Human, Bird. THEY are everywhere, just like "Savoir Faire" was everywhere. Every state in the Union likes to boast that they have the most ferocious mosquitos. But I think that the "skeeters" are in every state ESPESCIALLY in Alaska  and negate a try to find the Sasquatch via avoiding "skeeters".

Sorry that I didn't read all the way through the post and repeated anything.

Hope everyone is well, Spader

Yeah.  I'd think that the zones of least activity are where *anything* would go to avoid them.

Search areas can be narrowed down through the observation of evidence.  (Or, well, places one has seen one.)  Not sure there's a better way.