Eye Glow Seen In New Jersey By Law Enforcement Officer

BFF Patron

Which also takes me to my next question, why did Patty not exhibit any glowing eyes, cloaking, inter dimensional movement or other paranormal/supernatural abilities when filmed by P&G? Patty is the most convincing flesh and blood subject we have of BF, which I suspect initiated the belief of BF for a high percentage of the believers in the world and on BFF, aside from those who had their own close experiences.

You realize the PGF was filmed in daylight don't you.......    just a reality check?!   Did Patterson or Gimlin say they had a Sasquatch look at them at night?  We do not know if eyeglow is supernatural and nonbiological or not?   What is so hard to understand about that? 

I've used high powered binoculars at night just so the area was not polluted with the night vision.  It worked for me. 

Yes, I keep plugging "poor mans night vision" the 7x50 binocular, because physics. The 50mm lens gives you 50X* the light gathering area of the human eye, and then funnels it down to a 7mm "exit pupil" which is the widest a fully dark adapted human eye can dilate. The exit pupil is determined by mm diameter divided by magnification so 50/7. Thus you will see that more power in a 50mm isn't necessarily much use at night, because 15x50 would only give you about a 3mm exit pupil so you won't use most of the light detection cells in your eye, then also, smaller diameter 7x28, same thing happens, you get less out. So out of all the common objective lens sizes and magnifications, 7x50 is optimal... "Not too bad" and still giving you a bit more light collecting power than the naked eye would be the magnification above, and the lens size below, 7x35s or 10x50s, so if you've got a nice pair of those, try them out, but if buying for this purpose, nothing but a 7x50.

(In astronomical binoculars, you can get "comet hunter" big lens binoculars, but they are very heavy and tiring to hold and greater magnification makes them impossible to hold steady enough to see much, without tripod or rest, I have a pair myself I may use for ogling treelines with, but I'd have my elbows planted on roof of vehicle or be using them in a static place (campsite, cabin deck) with a tripod. ) 

edit: * coincidentally 50x, it's area of pupil into area of lens.

Edited by Flashman2.0

Guest thermalman

I posted about colors of eyes in #41 of this topic but totally forgot the pic a friend took of one with very blue eyes.........they looked like jewels.

It would be nice if you were able to post such a picture to show the rest of us what were missing? Any picture for that matter?

Biped........"You realize the PGF was filmed in daylight don't you.......    just a reality check?!   Did Patterson or Gimlin say they had a Sasquatch look at them at night?  We do not know if eyeglow is supernatural and nonbiological or not?   What is so hard to understand about that?"

For the record, and eye glow aside, why didn't Patty just vanish, walk through the trees, jump to another dimension, etc, at the time she was being filmed.......just another reality check for claims made?

Edited by thermalman

But others have seen them directly flash on and off like a tower beacon when observing them directly.  I have not seen that. 

In most of this area, there's pretty much always one of those on a horizon somewhere, so one could tend to think that there's one of them over your left shoulder that is what is providing the light.

For the record, and eye glow aside, why didn't Patty just vanish, walk through the trees, jump to another dimension, etc, at the time she was being filmed.......just another reality check for claims made?

Perhaps Patty wanted to be filmed?

• Upvote 1

WRT to the visibility of various colors of laser beams, green lasers (532-520 nm) appear roughly 50 times brighter to the human eye than red lasers (660-635 nm) of equivalent power. Typical laser pointers are class III with an output power no greater than 5 mw though considerably more powerful units are available from sources such as Wicked Lasers. All small laser pointer type units use diode lasers which require a lens to collimate the beam and the quality of those lenses vary considerably with the cost of the laser. I live at 4,400 feet in western Montana and the air is generally very clear yet my class III green laser beam is always visible as it hits minute particulate that is present on the clearest night. The spot is even slightly visible in direct sunlight at close range, 15 to 20 feet.

An interesting experiment with a green laser is to mount a focusing lens in front that slightly expands the beam. I use a lens salvaged from an old film strip projector but many different types would work. Mounted to a pair of binoculars or scope of some kind it produces a circle of illumination that is great for spotting critters at night without degrading night vision or damaging the vision of any animals who may be looking in to the beam. The angle of dispersion in any given lens varies with the distance between the lens and laser. The advantage over even a filtered flashlight is that there is essentially no light scatter and only something within the spot is going to see the source unless there is fog, smoke or some other dense particulate matter in the air to make the attenuated beam visible.

Guest thermalman

That's ok, I wouldn't have expected you to. :D

Glad you were able to point that out. You learning logic isn't such a bad thing after all, is it? :)

So tell us, if you dare, what's your take on the eye glow?

Edited by thermalman

My take is that I haven't personally experienced it, and that I am not afraid to say that I don't know what people are reporting. I also don't have a pathological need to explain everything (away).

I do know that the eye glow has been reported by several people that I have found to be otherwise reliable witnesses. For that reason, I remain intrigued and choose to suspend judgement. I don't understand how that is an unreasonable position to take.

As far as your assumption of my woeful ignorance concerning logical reasoning, I would like to remind you what happens when you assume. Obviously you think me an ass. I would hate to see someone of your obvious knowledge and erudition descend to the same lowly rank.

Edited to fix a syntactical error.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 2

Guest thermalman

I, for one, do not think of you as an a**. Speaking for myself only, I try and put forth common sense and logical rebuttals towards events I find are in the gray areas of science. I do make the effort to support my logical approach by providing factual explanations, links, experiences with familiar equipment, videos, photos, etc., which is much more than most claimants of an exotic event do, even when asked to support their claims with some type of evidence. The continuation of nonsensical talk and claims becomes redundant and fantastical over the long run. All I have ever asked for, was supporting evidence to their claims, in hopes of understanding the BF phenomenon better. If there is no evidence or a refusal of the witnesses to supply supporting evidence, then the claim begs scrutinization towards the integrity of the event.

Edited by thermalman

'Ya know...there are a lot of things that we take for granted today that were in the "gray areas of science' not too long ago.

• Upvote 1

Sometime in the 90s, I ended up in an online discussion about a biochemical process, and observed there must be a proton transport happening. This was quite a hard science group, definitely well salted with B.Scs some doctoral candidates if not any Ph.Ds. Anyway, I was yelled down, it was impossible, it was sci-fi, it was alchemy... by the late 90s, and into the 21st century here, science has caught up with me. Google "proton exchange" and see the flood of papers in last decade and a half.

Guest thermalman

'Ya know...there are a lot of things that we take for granted today that were in the "gray areas of science' not too long ago.

That would be correct, which is why supporting evidence is crucial for the understanding and confirmation of such events or claims. With definitive supporting evidence, claims and such are able to remove themselves from within the gray areas and into the black and white zone.

Edited by thermalman

I've debated all day whether to share this or not. I decided to go ahead because what I'm sharing for the most part is already public. My hesitation was because sharing this in some ways reduces my anonymity, which I treasure. I cannot share everything I have access to. I have good standing with the BFRO and I want to keep it that way. It's not all public.

Some very smart BFRO people have been using effective techniques to watch for eye-glow with repeatable success long before Matt's tweet. He didn't need a great leap of faith to believe the NJ LEO.

I was part of one such encounter in 2014. I saw the light and yes, there was evidence found in the follow up suggesting that it was Bigfoot we were watching. It was no accident that our expedition was held at a time when the moon would not be visible.

I will only share what is already public... http://s2.excoboard.com/BFRO/150505/2437221

If you read all of it you can see we were focused on the eye glow and saw it often, in scattered groups and scattered locations

My part is here:

Rick R describes a late Friday night op…

RR - â€On Friday night nine of us followed a road parallel to a creek. Our group included me, Eric, Hans, Mike C., Matt, and four others. We parked two pickup trucks and sat on chairs in the road observing, with a marsh area on one side and a canyon wall on the other, which rose approx. 200' above us. We lit glow sticks and used binoculars to watch the area. After an hour of no activity we decided to drive another 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile further, and stopped to repeat the operation. Again we focused on the ridge line of the canyon, outlined by the sky and stars. We made occasional whoop calls and waited. Individuals in our group began noticing blue eyeglow in pairs, 3/4 of the way up the canyon wall, moving, almost descending from the above canyon top. The eyeglow was showing up in many places on and off, in pairs, occasionally singular, and moving laterally along the side wall of the canyon. This continued for almost an hour, as we also observed:
- movement heard in leaves, rustling, from the area of the eyeglow and along the side of the canyon wall
- heard grunts and breathing noises coming from the direction of the eyeglow
- with binoculars, we could see the outlines of heads and shoulders in the eyeglow area, the light being given off, bright enough that we could make out the shapes of creatures (one individual in the group drew and presented a picture of this in our camp debrief the next day)
- saw eyeglow blink on and off in pairs, turn sideways, and reappear in adjacent areas as if trying to get better views of our group from their elevated vantage point up on the side walls, jockeying for position above us - it appeared as if they were communicating with each other via eyeglow at times
- counting the sets of eyeglow being observed, I estimated as many as 4 to 6 creatures moving along the sidewall above us
- coyotes went nuts yowling just north of us
Eventually the eyeglow stopped, as it appeared whatever made it had moved along the ridge to the North, away from our group below.

The next day our group visited the spot in the daylight to try and make sense of what we had observed. Three of us ascended the canyon wall and found a ridge line 3/4 of the way up (approx. 150'), that ran along the side of the canyon wall. Trees and boulders jutted out from this, and a walkable trail was clearly noticed. We found multiple large footprints in the leaves and dirt, and hand prints much bigger than a man's in the dirt between the boulders. We saw stick structures and twisted off tree branches in the area where our group observed the eye glow. “

Photo looking up at the bluff where eyeglow was observed. Photo by Rick R...

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/...hotobyRickR.jpg

Photo of hand print that was found. Photo by Rick R...

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/...hotobyRickR.jpg

Here is DW’s account of this incident…

DW - “Although I only really saw eyeglow one time it was a good moment. It was 1:30 am on Saturday morning during Friday night op number two, on the far end of a road. Several of us sat on the road in the dark, looking up at the ridge. We had seen many instances of eyeglow at the top of the ridge and were concerned that we might be confusing eyeglow with stars. Then the eyeglow moved down below the ridge line, leaving no doubt it was not stars. I saw this, and MW was watching with binoculars from the pickup. He said that he thought he could make out head and shoulders as the two light sources looked at each other, then looked back at us. Later on I asked MW to draw what he saw and he came up with this (link below). After looking at the location the next day he's sure they were among rocks not trees. We could not tell in the dark. I could see the glow a short time later through binoculars but at that time I did not see movement, nor could I make out shapes. Through the binoculars I could still see the glow when others seemingly could not.â€

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/...wosasquatch.jpg

I trust the word of the kid that drew this 100%. He is my son. I only wish I'd have been able to see what he saw that night.

All the BFRO investigators believed him. This drawing is hanging on my bulletin board about 4 feet from my present location. We were not hoaxed. Only WE knew where we were going to be at this time. Nobody had laser pointers. The moon had set long before we started and no cities, towns, or farms were in line of sight of our location. The ONLY source of light was the stars in the sky and two weak glow sticks.

FYI - the next night I was on an op with a guy who had a thermal camera. We asked him to shut it off because It was too bright.

Edit to note: After he went up the hill and found the hand print, he stated the trees he drew on each side of the creatures were probably not actually trees, but rock outcroppings. Also - that's my son's hand over the hand print and his fingers are extremely long. I estimate the hand print is about 10 inches from base to finger tip and I wish I had better pictures.

post-21915-0-03201600-1425268352_thumb.j

Edited by Redbone
  • Upvote 2