Eye Glow Seen In New Jersey By Law Enforcement Officer

Guest thermalman

Where's all the supporting evidence for eye shine? Posters claim to have pictures, where are they? No tracks in the snow? Without supporting evidence it's no wonder posters get responses like this http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/47927-eye-glow-seen-in-new-jersey-by-law-enforcement-officer/?p=848551

Kudos to you for coming out! Your cast presentation is good supporting evidence, as all claims should have, and I'm not questioning it. Plussed.

It's unfortunate you edited and removed your initial post #165, as it showed a good example of what type of evidence should accompany a claim, and was also plussed twice.

Edited by thermalman

I'm not sure I can effectively recreate the sentiment without the snark and the snark is why I deleted it. I just didn't delete quickly enough.

To summarize the deleted post: There is plenty of evidence for those who have open eyes and minds to see it. My impolite suggestion was that those who dislike what is presented as evidence should to make an effort to go out and see what there is to see.

I shared a cast of a print found in 2014 during the same expedition. The kid holding that cast was there because he and his dad has one of the most remarkable sightings in the BFRO database and they've been hooked ever since. THAT is evidence. I will be seeing them again soon.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=36514

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/33934-father-and-son-are-approached-by-three-large-bipeds-while-fishing-at-dusk-west-of-asbury-report-36514/

Right on cue: A new BFRO report from Kansas with "Eye Glow"

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=47267

post-21915-0-34161000-1425425163.jpg

Edited by Redbone
  • Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Yes, even NAWAC is into the same soundfile evidence others have collected for five years now, repackaged and tidy with a bow.   Novel rocks on a tin roof though. 

• Upvote 1

The nut smasher is new and interesting. I am not pro kill but NAWAC just stopped carrying the cameras and carry weapons instead. I guess the best way they see to prove the existence is to REALLY prove it. Gotta admit the stuff I'm trying to do will never provide much proof....except to me.

Edited by Redbone
  • Upvote 1

Hello, I was one of the two people that Explorer wrote about in post 118. I would like to relate what occurred to us in August as we attended the bfro cascades expedition in August 2014. My friend Bill and I are both long time Alaskans who are very comfortable in the outdoors and have spent many years camping, hunting, fishing, and fur trapping in the interior of Alaska. We have spent nights out in forty below winter to twenty four hours of daytime in the summer. We have provided our families with big game for food, fur to keep them warm in the winter, and fish to supplement our meat. My point being we have been around and lived with large ungulates and wolves and bears that frequent the interior of Alaska.

That particular evening we had located a place we wanted to go and sit and see if anything would happen. As it was extremely hot during the day, we went to the darkest part of the forest we could find. Within a few miles from where we camped it was significantly cooler in the forest populated by big douglas firs, cedars, and ferns. We arrived at midnight with two other people. Our plan was Bill and I was to go into the forest while the other two stationed themselves 100 yards away and periodically scoped us with a flir scope. At no time did the organizers say we could use a flir or thermal imager. Our plan was to sit quietly in the dark, talk softly, and alternate playing the harmonica. If we experienced anything we were to play jingle bells to alert the other two guys to put the flir on us and the surrounding area.

As we sat there we talked, joked, and alternated playing the harmonica in complete darkness. The canopy of trees were quite thick and we literally could not see our hands in front of our faces. Bill and I sat facing each other approximately five feet away from each other.

I remember it was very quiet that evening and we were really enjoying ourselves telling stories, making plans, and playing the harmonica, when in about an hour and a half I heard a small twig quietly snap directly behind me. I had asked Bill if he had heard it and he said yes. We kept acting like nothing had happened and we did not change our tone nor turn in our chairs. Within the next five minutes again directly behind me we both heard three light taps. I did turn around in my chair when that happened, but due to the darkness I could see nothing. I peered into the darkness for maybe three minutes but seeing nothing I turned back around in my chair. About five minutes later things started to get bizarre.

I was sitting facing Bill when a bright ball of light slowly came to bright like it was on a rheostat. As it got brighter it moved closer to us. It was red with a slight orange tint to it and it was projecting light from it. I calmly told Bill to turn around and check it out. We both saw as it came closer and closer that we could see ferns and sticks directly in front of it. It came close to us and it moved up and down slightly when it stopped. I had the harmonica at the time and I was playing jingle bells while Bill was coaxing it with "come closer baby, it's okay".

I have to be honest and say that I was getting nervous and I really didn't want it any closer. I am unused to being unarmed in the woods and that had me uncomfortable earlier on due to me not ever being around cougars, but we honored the no weapons agreement with bfro and had none. After ninety seconds just like you turned a dimmer switch, the light began to dim. But before it went out it's hand moved to push itself off the ground and we saw its forefinger reflected in the eye glow. It went out and we sat there in wonderment. Neither one of us at that time had ever heard of eye glow so we just had no idea. We sat there another hour and a half and the moon came up so we walked back to the road. Our partners had not heard the jingle bells song but had heard talking and playing at the same time and looked through the scope and saw nothing.

We went back and found a log on top of a ditch where we saw this. It was off the trail in some extremely thick timber. In the ditch we found two depression we thought to be knee prints. We measured from where we sat to where we saw this and it was 28 feet away. At no time did we hear anything besides the twig and tapping which I believe was a misdirection ruse to get us to look one way while it circled us.

For a whole day Bill and I sat in our tent and asked ourselves "did we get hoaxed last night"? We talked about many different scenarios and how would we do it if we were to pull it off, and honestly we don't think we were. It was too quiet and to fast in some really thick brush and timber and we heard nothing. Even the best stalker is going to be slow and quiet or fast and noisy. The one eye glow had us puzzled as well .we thought: okay,, why didn't we see two eye glow orbs. Do I have any answers? No. Do I believe in eye glow?Absolutely. Don't know why it does this, don't care if you believe me or not, but I believe it to have the ability to do this. Isn't it great to have some mysteries still in this old world?

At no time did the organizers say we could use a flir or thermal imager.

Hey Spotter, Thanks for sharing your experience. Very interesting! When it was moving towards you, could you tell how high off the ground it was? Did it move like an animal moving forward, or just seem to be floating?

I just read the line I copied above and wondered if you meant, at no time were you told you couldn't use flir or thermal. Or maybe they didn't say anything about using them one way or another.

Thanks!

When you go to the woods, things can happen, but you have to get up off your butt and go.........just some advice to all those forever screaming that we need to give them our pictures when history proves that those pics are not going to convince the skeptics screaming for evidence.  

All skeptics must know this in their hearts but they continue to hammer on us to give it up.

So Redbone, Spotter and Bipedalist all have "given it up" and still I feel that the skeptics are not budging nor do we really expect them to accept the reports above and that's OK.  But, hopefully a skeptic will leave the comfort of their livingroom and see for themselves what is really happening out there.  Be respectful if you do and realize that they have families.

Peace

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Good report Spotter, I have seen the same rheostatic mechanisms at work but from the eyes of an identified head; white light brightened and dimmed from both Sasquatch eyes.  I witnessed this at 5-6 feet.  Light produced whether emitted, reflected, refracted or photochemically induced created enough light for the putative Sasquatch to see ground before it's hunched over head.  I sat before this spectacle and have reported it was bright enough on ground to illuminate an object that was in the path of the Sasquatch that made it stop and look down.  I have described the light produced as enough to light a newspaper for reading of individual news items at least.  The entire effect lasted approx. 20-25 seconds in my best estimation.  I was not hoaxed.  

It seems evidential collection opportunities are continually excused by claimants. If there was eyeshine, wood knocks, Etc., why was further investigation not initiated, especially with snow on the ground, which should produce solid evidence of any walking creature in existence? Is it because people are afraid of the truth, or losing their 15 minutes of fame if their story is proven false?

Cheap shot, I can only think of a dozen nationally known hoaxers this might apply to.    Some of us have done nothing but explain what we saw, went along with the program, learned a little more and share a little less everytime those that can't handle the truth play the "it was all for attention" card to explain away the fact that Sasquatch don't pose and don't sit still long and rarely give you another chance to get close if they do take a siesta or suffer from a narcoleptic fit.  

• Upvote 2

Spotter,

Thanks much for sharing your experience. 

Nothing better than a first hand account description!

Glad you shared your experience with others here since it appears many have seen something similar.

Some of us have done nothing but explain what we saw, went along with the program, learned a little more and share a little less every time those that can't handle the truth play the "it was all for attention" card to explain away the fact that Sasquatch don't pose and don't sit still long and rarely give you another chance to get close if they do take a siesta or suffer from a narcoleptic fit.  

I thought about sharing my experience WITHOUT actually mentioning that I was there. I figured omitting that little detail would make it impossible to fess up later on without getting hammered. Attention is not something I wanted but we saw what we saw. Had we depended solely on wood knocks, vocalizations, and thermal hits, the week would have been pretty dull. The tree coming down in front of all of us was interesting though. The timing was beautiful. We had just finished our introductions, with the last person finishing just seconds before the tree fell. It's like SAS had to get his introduction in also.

Guest thermalman

^^^ no cheap shot biped. Would just like to see more evidence to verify the witnesses accounts. Not asking to much.

Chelefoot,

Yes, you caught my typo regarding the organizers of the expedition's policy on thermal cams. Essentially there was no policy one way or other, sorry about the confusion. As to the movement I saw, it did not appear to float, from the time I saw it until it stopped, it appeared to have traveled only ten feet, moving forward as well as slightly up and down. It appeared to be close to the ground as it illuminated the forest floor. We went back the next day with a tape measure and measured the distance and saw that there was a large depression with a bank of earth in front of it where it had stopped. We timed my playing jingle bells as well as half of of another song I played while we observed it to arrive at the estimated time of 90 seconds.

Bipedalist,

I know the trepidation and wonderment I felt at 28 feet, I can't begin to fathom what it would be like a 5 feet. Being close to a large animal that I basically knew nothing about, in the dark without anything to protect myself, made me feel very uneasy. You sir, have a lot of courage. That being said, would I do it again? You bet. But 5 feet is to close for comfort for me.

It is certainly odd that it appears as a single light. Had it been any known animal in the forest, you would surely have seen two.