Eye Glow Seen In New Jersey By Law Enforcement Officer

Guest thermalman

Not wanting people to have NV or Thermal makes me think there was someone out there they did not want seen.

Agreed. No basis for not having a thermal camera, other than.......

^A laser pointer, from a distance and beamed against an object would work flashman. Without red laser glasses one would not see the beam, only the spot. If the person holding the laser were to intermittently block the laser's line with their hand, one could reproduce red "blinking" eye effect upon the object being lit up. The laser's origin could be blocked and angled to various other spots to cleverly insinuate noiseless dimension jumping, vanishing or cloaking simply by slight of hand. Very easily explained with logic.

Add, third party with laser to my previous list of batteries, imagination/hallucination, thermal camera and tapetum lucidum. MIB was correct in pointing out that the previous four I stated were NOT the only possibilities of red eye shine/glow. Good on you MIB..

Edited by thermalman

I say there is a real basis for not having a thermal camera (besides cost). The display is too bright for all those who have adjusted their eyes to complete darkness. Having your eyes adjusted to complete darkness helps you be able to see the eye-glow.

• Upvote 2

Agreed. No basis for not having a thermal camera, other than.......

^A laser pointer, from a distance and beamed against an object would work flashman. Without red laser glasses one would not see the beam, only the spot. If the person holding the laser were to intermittently block the laser's line with their hand, one could reproduce red "blinking" eye effect upon the object being lit up. The laser's origin could be blocked and angled to various other spots to cleverly insinuate noiseless dimension jumping, vanishing or cloaking simply by slight of hand. Very easily explained with logic.

Add, third party with laser to my previous list of batteries, imagination/hallucination, thermal camera and tapetum lucidum. MIB was correct in pointing out that the previous four I stated were NOT the only possibilities of red eye shine/glow. Good on you MIB..

Let's entertain that possibility.

The laser(s) would likely not be hand-held, right? With no obstruction of any sort between the laser(s) and the target. Otherwise it seems it would be really easy to tell that a laser was involved.

BFF Patron

Glow from thermal eyepieces/viewfinders is bright, not to mention tree branches, shrubs and overhangs.   It reflects off of human clothing and body parts when moved away from the eye.  Maybe top quality stuff doesn't, my stuff does.  Just now reading Redbones but verifying I have used such equipment since my sighting, unsuccessfully I might add and agree with his statement of why it could impair you in darkness.  Even using one-eye with the eyepiece still blinds or drains the photochemical right out of that eye for many minutes.  Binocular vision is then not quite the same lol at night.  

Edited by bipedalist

What??? You don't like logic? :wink:

Only if it is logical..

you sure stretch things to try and make points.

"Without red laser glasses one would not see the beam, only the spot."

Utter bull.. wheres that flag.. imma toss it down right here..

I personally thanked Matt Moneymaker last month for bringing awareness to eyeglow when I talked to him at the town hall in Aiken SC. I had seen it a couple times and been seeking confirmation since 2011. I did not think it was possible until I saw it from less than 15 feet away.

BFF Patron

Only if it is logical..

you sure stretch things to try and make points.

"Without red laser glasses one would not see the beam, only the spot."

Utter bull.. wheres that flag.. imma toss it down right here..

Right, funny how I see the whole beam of a powerful green laser just fine, though try to avoid anything but peripheral visuals.  Perhaps the thermalman only uses lasers in the cold, crisp, clear Canadian air and that is the problem.  Get into the deep south and find some humidity my man. 

Guest thermalman

I say there is a real basis for not having a thermal camera (besides cost). The display is too bright for all those who have adjusted their eyes to complete darkness. Having your eyes adjusted to complete darkness helps you be able to see the eye-glow.

"Glow from thermal eyepieces/viewfinders is bright, not to mention tree branches, shrubs and overhangs. It reflects off of human clothing and body parts when moved away from the eye"

When you have a thermal camera, you have no need to take your eyes away from it to look into the dark. The camera is your eyes in the dark and will help guide you through the dark woods. Thermal cameras record infrared and digital simultaneously, and some come with viewfinders, or blinds that you can hold up against your face like a periscope. This eliminates any back light transfer onto the surroundings.Transfer the recorded data onto your laptop and you will see both views as the camera recorded it. If there are blinking, glowing eyes, you will see it in digital mode.

"I saw some BFs last night in the edge of the woods & their eyes were shining yellow. They were flickering on & off, I suppose when they blinked. It was the first time I have ever seen them actually shining bright without a light being shined toward them. I have seen the muted green glow a few times with no light to cause it, & the red reflection, but this was a whole different experience.

It looked like 6 fireflies hovering in the same spot, blinking on & off"

Throw the flag Rex, it looks like bull is happening.

If some of you folks are saying the above bold quote is more believable than my stretchy logic, then so be it. It's your perogative.

No beam here folks, just an end result on an object, as I was trying to illustrate.

Edited by thermalman

A witness friend took a pic in the daylight and it is quite obvious that the eyes of the hairy kid were an orangy pink glow and I wonder what's more fascinating???  Nite glow or day glow???  I've used high powered binoculars at night just so the area was not polluted with the night vision.  It worked for me. 

Right, funny how I see the whole beam of a powerful green laser just fine, though try to avoid anything but peripheral visuals.  Perhaps the thermalman only uses lasers in the cold, crisp, clear Canadian air and that is the problem.  Get into the deep south and find some humidity my man. 

Well to be fair, green lasers are more useful as star pointers, because they are more visible, the red ones don't seem to show up so good, as you say, depends what the air is containing at the time. However, at night, moisture tends to drop out of air, forming of course dew, tending also to bring down particulate matter with it, clearing the air quite a bit. 

BFF Patron

So be it, the point still stands that dark adaptation has it's place in naturalistic observation of BF eyeglow at night. 

And, if anything I can say the BFRO teams that avoid anything but occasional use of red light are giving their teams an advantage.  

Infrared lasers may be more useful in the field than this discussion of red/green lasers used with NV and thermal.  

RE: the flickering appearance of BF eyes, in my observation, it occurs when they turn their shoulders moving the head or turn the head on the shoulders and the eyes are pointing slightly away from a direct angle at the observer that this flashing/sparkling phenonmenon occurs.  But others have seen them directly flash on and off like a tower beacon when observing them directly.  I have not seen that. 

Edited by bipedalist

Guest thermalman

Which also takes me to my next question, why did Patty not exhibit any glowing eyes, cloaking, inter dimensional movement or other paranormal/supernatural abilities when filmed by P&G? Patty is the most convincing flesh and blood subject we have of BF, which I suspect initiated the belief of BF for a high percentage of the believers in the world and on BFF, aside from those who had their own close experiences.

Edited by thermalman

I have the ability to fart (a true claim).

If you have never seen me fart does it mean that no person has ever been able to fart?

Edited by Redbone