Olympic Np Chief Ranger Admits Bf Is In Park

Explorer

On the book titled: “Haunted Hikes†by Andrea Lankford (published in 2006), there is a short chapter on the Pacific Northwest. In this chapter she interviews the Chief Park Ranger of the Olympic National Park, Tim Simonds, and he confirms that there is a Bigfoot in the park.

Below is the quote from the book:

I hadn’t seen Tim Simonds in years, but I still figured I could prey upon our friendship in order to get the inside scoop on what weird and mysterious events were happening in his park. I phoned Simonds, and he sounded genuinely glad to hear from me. At least until I got around to telling him the reason I had called.

After an uncomfortable silence on the other end of the line Simonds sighed and said, “We have a bigfoot.â€

Olympic’s chief ranger confessed this to me with the same weary resignation one might use to say, “I have athlete’s footâ€. And when I asked him “What more do you know about it? Simonds said, “I’ll have to get back to you on that oneâ€.

Has anybody in Washington had a chance to interview Tim Simonds or follow up with any of the park rangers in Olympic NP?

This short quote does not carry a lot of weight, and I wish Mr. Simonds would have given a more expanded interview on what he knows.

Hello Explorer,

I found a photo of the Olympic National Park's Chief Ranger dated 2008. The Chief Ranger's name was Kevin Hendricks. I know that Chief Ranger Tim Simonds was on the job in 2005 however after reading a book about a guy being lost in September that year in the Park for for over 2 1/2 days.

P.S. how about an email to Andrea Lankford herself?

Edited by hiflier

So a rather vague and inconclusive statement from someone who says that someone said....

Sounds about par for the course.  Something to substantiate this would be great, otherwise it goes into the bigfoot folklore machinery category.

Anecdotes about anecdotes...the bar must be placed higher.

Edited by dmaker

I wouldn't say it was vague, he made a specific statement, "We have a bigfoot". It is more than "someone said that someone said", it's a direct quote attributed to a named person.

Doesn't mean any of it is true, but should be pretty easy to confirm, if someone had a way to contact Mr. Simonds.

"We have a bigfoot" could mean we have a hoaxer. Could mean someone found some bear tracks and reported it as bigfoot to us. There are many ways to interpret "We have a bigfoot"

With nothing more than that, it's just another someone said that someone said...

SSR Team

DM for your own sanity, give it up...;)

Your objective of stopping people "believing" in Sasquatch will never be met no matter how hard you try to preach.

And that must be your objective unless you just love driving yourself crackers daily.

This short quote does not carry a lot of weight.

That's the key part DM from the opening post, why you then need to start screaming and shouting via a your keyboard and polluting another thread is beyond me.

Good find Explorer, now we will start to dig a little more about it.

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 2

I don't think he is trying to stop anyone from believing in Sasquatch.  But an anecdote of a Ranger saying "We have Bigfoot" is not a scientific reason to believe in such a thing.

Journalists have the ability to edit what they hear.

For example.

"We have a Bigfoot. Darn it, we have them in the Campground, in the Parking Lot, by the snack bar, shoot everyone sees the Bigfoot."

Get's edited to :

"We have a Bigfoot. Darn it, we have them in the Campground, in the Parking Lot, by the snack bar, shoot everyone sees the Bigfoot."

SSR Team

You just have missed the sentence where the OP said " This short quote does not carry a lot of weight " too unsurprisingly.

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 1

The ranger was most likely aware of credible bf reports, wants to talk, but knows he will be booted out if he goes into more detail. He is probably smart enough to know how to distinguish between real BF reports and hoaxers. They have their own police force and investigate reports from park visitors. Report analysis requires good police investigation so hoaxing can be determined. However, maybe a clever hoaxer is frequenting the park at the risk of being smoked.

I don't think he is trying to stop anyone from believing in Sasquatch.  But an anecdote of a Ranger saying "We have Bigfoot" is not a scientific reason to believe in such a thing.

Good lord. Who says it is?

Edited by Rockape

Guest LarryP

With nothing more than that, it's just another someone said that someone said...

Sounds about par for the course. Something to substantiate this would be great, otherwise it goes into the bigfoot folklore machinery category.

Anecdotes about anecdotes...the bar must be placed higher.

Yet if someone found and posted a statement from another Ranger that worked in ONP that contradicted the statement from Tim Simonds the bar would suddenly be lifted to tremendous heights as far as you're concerned.

Anectdotal be damned!

That's what Denialists do. They pick and choose only that which fits their arguments......

Edited by LarryP

I think that a portion of the folks on BFF who badger and attack new information are nothing more than government plants here to destroy any continuity among researchers and believers.  That's just my opinion.

As far as proof, any interested doubter can seriously get out in the field and experience the honest truth for themselves.  I can't see anyone or organization presenting the Holy Grail of proof to the general public in my remaining life time.  With that said, it really doesn't matter to me one way or another...  

I think that a portion of the folks on BFF who badger and attack new information are nothing more than government plants here to destroy any continuity among researchers and believers. That's just my opinion.

come on...

Edited by mbh