So... Renae Of ' Finding Bigfoot ' Now Admits She Believes Bigfoot Exist

Bonehead74

They have raised awareness. 

Things they have said have helped me figure things out here.

The cast is serious about their research.

So it's TV, they are making a go of it.  The cast is real and pure in their intentions to figure stuff out.

I have experienced that first hand.

The cast may be limited by TV, but they are for real.

• Upvote 2

Wingman Finding BF are filming upcoming episodes right now.     A member here was interviewed and had to sign a non disclosure statement.    I think that Renae will remain the foil and play her skeptical scientist character even though she might privately believe.    If you think about it, many who watch the show are like myself and have to restrain myself from throwing things at the TV when she does not believe some witness.    In some ways she is like the villain in a dramatic show.  

I have never taken hallucinogenic drugs but do know the military was experimenting with them as a means to heighten consciousness.    So it is entirely possible that they might make you more aware that a BF is around.    You might pick up sounds of movement or movement out of the corner of your eye that you would ordinarily miss.     The problem being that the effects are unpredictable, and the last thing the military wants is someone with a gun that is not predictable or rational.   There is a classic case of a BF sighting on Tillamook Head just South of Seaside Oregon.    The problem being that the woman that had the sighting was a known hallucinogen user.     So it was either a fantasy that her mind fabricated or a real situation and no one believed her.   Same would apply to alcohol use in hunters camp.    A group of campers partying would not be in a big hurry to report a BF sighting to authorities or even each other.   One wonders how many times someone has got up in the night to relieve themselves at 2 or 3 AM when the fire has burned down and have a face to face with BF exploring camp.  Probably a lot more than we know.  

I hear ya on that one SWWA! I got to thinking about that shortly after posting my comment, and I agree with you

about her continuing on as the lovable and often irritating little scientific skeptic. My wife and I both used to watch

it on Sunday nights and enjoyed the first season, but during the second season we both started to think, Okay this

is starting to get monotonous. She no longer watches the show and I think I watched maybe 2 episodes before

realizing that watching paint dry is much more interesting and fun! I am hoping that they may surprise us this season

with some sort of monumental discovery, but I'm not holding my breath! I shudder to think about what they will come up

with to draw one of them close. In fact I can visualize two Sasquatches hunkered down about 30ft behind them rolling

around on the ground trying to keep each other from busting out laughing! One can still hope though.

They have raised awareness. 

Things they have said have helped me figure things out here.

The cast is serious about their research.

So it's TV, they are making a go of it.  The cast is real and pure in their intentions to figure stuff out.

I have experienced that first hand.

The cast may be limited by TV, but they are for real.

I am inclined to agree with you as well on this Hammer. I joked in my previous post that

watching paint dry is more interesting and fun than watching the show, but all kidding

aside the show has definitely raised the level of awareness, and like in your case has 

provided more insight about the Sasquatch mystery. I would think at the very least many

people who watch the show and like to hike, hunt, and camp out there in the wilderness

will be keeping their eyes peeled more so now than ever before. Does the show get silly

at times? Sure! but I don't see that as being the death-knell of the show. There is still

some good information in there that is worth gleaning. I have to wonder though if the

negativity is the result of a little jealousy! Matt Moneymaker can be a little annoying

at times for many folks, but I do respect the fact that he and his group have been able

to put this show together and have some good success with it. I don't think there has

ever been anything in the past that can get millions of people discussing Sasquatch

every Sunday night across America like this show does. It is great to see so many

show up to their town hall meetings willing to share their experiences with them on

television. Just like with anything else, only time will tell if they will be successful,

or will crash and burn in the forest!

BFF Patron

Wingman:     I think you are right in that BF in many locations have watched the FB crew from the distance and thought it hilarious.     Sometimes more goes on during their filming that they are aware of.     I cannot remember what episode but there is one where there is very clear eye shine in the background that no one seems to have noticed during the filming and editing process.   Next time I see Cliff I will ask him about that and see if anyone has mentioned it.     Beyond that is there is some off camera interaction between the primary characters that is hinted at in the series but never addressed directly.   You throw that many people together that often and personalities become abrasive but right now they have the common interest of BF and their paychecks.     Even though I get little from the principals, I do enjoy the town halls and hearing other peoples experiences.   Now and then something reinforces what I theorize or have experienced.   So that part is something I enjoy.    I am probably the only person in the country that has turned down an invitation to attend a town hall and tell my story.   I did it to protect my research area but now that the area seems to have gone cold, I am regretting the decision.   That refusal seems to have put me on some sort of black list from what I can tell.      

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

Wingman:     I think you are right in that BF in many locations have watched the FB crew from the distance and thought it hilarious.     Sometimes more goes on during their filming that they are aware of.     I cannot remember what episode but there is one where there is very clear eye shine in the background that no one seems to have noticed during the filming and editing process.   Next time I see Cliff I will ask him about that and see if anyone has mentioned it.     Beyond that is there is some off camera interaction between the primary characters that is hinted at in the series but never addressed directly.   You throw that many people together that often and personalities become abrasive but right now they have the common interest of BF and their paychecks.     Even though I get little from the principals, I do enjoy the town halls and hearing other peoples experiences.   Now and then something reinforces what I theorize or have experienced.   So that part is something I enjoy.    I am probably the only person in the country that has turned down an invitation to attend a town hall and tell my story.   I did it to protect my research area but now that the area seems to have gone cold, I am regretting the decision.   That refusal seems to have put me on some sort of black list from what I can tell.

Hey SWWASAS, I think you are right about the BF's watching their activities in many locations. It would certainly go a long way in

explaining why their investigations seem to fall just short of the intended mark. I would love to hear Cliff's response whenever you

get the chance to ask him about it. I too enjoy the town hall meetings and the reports that they get from the local folks. I have to

say though that a good number of the reports can be explained away, but there are some that catch my interest and warrant further

investigation. The re-enactments aren't too bad either! As for turning down their invitation to attend the town hall meeting, I think I

would probably have done the same. If I were just an average citizen that saw something and just wanted to get my story on record,

I would have probably have accepted the invite, but since you are actively investigating the area I would have done the same thing

as you did. Sorry to hear that the area seems to have gone cold on you and can understand your regret, but I wouldn't give up on it

just yet. Since you have had an encounter in that area there is a chance that they may have been there for a specific reason. They

may return when they feel the coast is clear enough.They may also use that area for transit purposes so you might be able to catch

them on a return trip from wherever they went. Unfortunately it becomes a matter timing in this situation, being in an exact spot at the

perfect time is extremely hard to pull off. It would not surprise me at all that they are possibly blacklisting you for your refusal of their

invitation. Hey, it's their loss, not yours! I enjoy your posts and the insight that you bring to the table, so keep them coming and the

best of luck to you!

Edited by Wingman1

BFF Patron

Extensive logging has reduced the cover and the game in that particular area.    It would be very difficult for BF to transit the area without being seen in the daytime.     I for one think that they are more active in daylight hours than is commonly believed.   But the environment and cover has to support that.     While game was once common,  I rarely see a deer any more.     Elk tracks some times covered one portion of a trail but I have only found a few isolated prints lately.     It might take time for regrowth before they return.    Certainly lack of cover would be a problem for them now in that particular area.     I loved the area because I could leave home and be hiking in the field in 45 minutes.  

Guest lightheart

I too think they are active into the morning Randi. Almost all my experiences then.

It is a shame that your area has been logged.

Edited by lightheart

Bummer about the logging and your place getting disturbed. 

There is logging that goes on here, but there are so many trees, it doesn't have an impact.  They're not taking everything.  Actually clearing out stuff so other trees can grow.  I can't imagine taking a whole eco system.  That's just wrong.

Regarding daylight activity, all I can say is that after about 0230, I don't hear much around here. 

I have been recording now for two weeks, and this morning we forgot to bring in the recorder from the back field.  I'll check it out, but we don't get much action in the early dawn hours.  And I have been out at that time plenty of times.   Mostly I like to call it the 9:30 pm, 11:30 pm and 0130 am show times. 

Extensive logging has reduced the cover and the game in that particular area.    It would be very difficult for BF to transit the area without being seen in the daytime.     I for one think that they are more active in daylight hours than is commonly believed.   But the environment and cover has to support that.     While game was once common,  I rarely see a deer any more.     Elk tracks some times covered one portion of a trail but I have only found a few isolated prints lately.     It might take time for regrowth before they return.    Certainly lack of cover would be a problem for them now in that particular area.     I loved the area because I could leave home and be hiking in the field in 45 minutes.  

Thanks for the additional info SWWASAS. You are right, the extensive logging in the area would make

it more difficult for them to use a a transit route, even more so if it is an area that they would frequently

return to. The downturn in Deer and Elk sightings would seem to be a huge factor as well for them to

leave the area, and it is probably just them simply following the food. Definitely a shame since the

proximity of your home to your area of research was so close. It doesn't get much better than that!

The best of luck to you, and let us know whenever you pick up their trail again.

Edited by Wingman1

Bummer about the logging and your place getting disturbed. 

There is logging that goes on here, but there are so many trees, it doesn't have an impact.  They're not taking everything.  Actually clearing out stuff so other trees can grow.  I can't imagine taking a whole eco system.  That's just wrong.

Regarding daylight activity, all I can say is that after about 0230, I don't hear much around here. 

I have been recording now for two weeks, and this morning we forgot to bring in the recorder from the back field.  I'll check it out, but we don't get much action in the early dawn hours.  And I have been out at that time plenty of times.   Mostly I like to call it the 9:30 pm, 11:30 pm and 0130 am show times. 

Hey Hammer, It sounds like you may be onto something there! Do you post the recordings anywhere?

Have you been able to establish patterns that can be construed as conversations of some type. I realize

that it is next to impossible to understand their language for the obvious reasons, but just curious to know

if you can sense some sort of intelligent conversion going on there. The possibility of some type of rudimentary

BF language has always intrigued me. Keep up the good work!

Yep Wingman - I am posting everything on the the premium forums thread called, "My life as a recording artist."

Funny you should bring that up.  Just last night, I heard this from the recording the night before.  I have been wondering about it.  There are cows that are up over an incline, 500 feet away, but we live in a valley that echos.  This sounded like it was right on top of the recorder.  I'm looking for input. 

Glad you asked. 

I am just learning baselines here.  For the past hour, I have been listening to something motoring around the recorder.  Since I put it in the back corner of the property, I have been hearing a lot more activity and less road noise. 

I just heard a strange vocal type of sound after I read what you posted, (nice coincidence).  I wrote down the time and will go back to cut it up after this segment ends.  It sounded like mmm,  mmmm.  

The clip I am posting here to me sounds like something, "You Hoo."  It also sounds like when I used to play my Beatles albums backwards.  It's only a two syllable phrase, but it was strange and out of the ordinary.  There is a car coming down the road, which echos in the valley.  It's best to hear headphones with this.  It was recorded with a Sony ICD PX333, ($60 on Ebay). 

EDIT:  My friend raises cows for a living and she said, "That is no cow."

9-25-14 You Hoo vocal with car.wav

Edited by Hammer102492

And here is what not to do, put the recorder on a milk crate with a plastic bag covering most of it from the dew, that used to contain individually wrapped chimichangas.  I guess it still has a scent, because a big sniffer knocked it right off the milk crate. 

This recording stuff is fun. 

9-26-14 Big Sniffer.wav

So, I have this other interesting sound cued up.  Just for the record, our nearest neighbor is a quarter mile away to the south.  Everything on the other three sides goes for miles, and to the west, down to the Mohican River.  I placed the recorder at the corner of our property next to a deer path leading to 600 acres of lushness.  

There is a little incline, then down through our back yard and house, which is on a county rd.  There are cows directly across the road.  We hear a lot from living at the bottom of our little valley. So my disclaimer is that it could be a cow echoing.  I'm not saying that that is what it was, just putting up a possible explanation while I establish the base lines around here two weeks into this recording project.

This is fresh from the recorder.  I don't know what made this sound.  Wingman, do you?

9-27-14 Mmm mm.wav

Edited by Hammer102492

BFF Patron

The mmm mmm sounds human.    You think someone might be messing with you?   Sounds like rocks clacking together before that.   Rocks clacking are BF behavior.      Maybe you need to put up a hidden game camera watching your recorder now.      If something non-human (BF) is accepting the presence of the recorder or a human is messing with you, then it would be good to find out what it is.   There have been occurrences where relatives have messed with BF believers.    One researcher told his wife where he was doing field work and she conspired with her brother in law to hoax the researcher.     The two of them had a lot of fun with the researcher before they finally admitted what they are doing to him.     He was not at all happy and did not see the humor in it.