So... Renae Of ' Finding Bigfoot ' Now Admits She Believes Bigfoot Exist

Bonehead74

I'm surprised there hasn't been prominent discussion about her statement in the more, how shall I say it? Gossipy bigfoot websites.

^ The problem with the assumption of a 10-dimensional space-time is that with so many degrees of freedom, almost any hypothesis can be 'proven.'  In fact, many regard string theory as a pseudoscience for this very reason.  Even Sheldon Cooper has given up on string theory.

290983-sheldon-cooper-in-the-big-bang-th

Edited by Pteronarcyd

Guest Divergent1

Thanks Mr. Bug Man, I've read the latest research and I've made my decision on which theory rings truest for me. Sheldon Cooper happens to be one of my favorite characters whether he agrees with me or not. :fan:

Rogue, you dont think the NA`s knew the diff between reality and a trip? so you think they might of dosed on mushrooms or peyote , saw bigfoot, and from then on thought of it like any other animal like deer or wolf? (Some tribes thought of them as people)

or is it more likely they saw Bigfoot while out hunting,or fishing for their family, and thats where the stories came from? sure maybe they saw BF while buzzed too, but to discount all NA legends and stories as simply being a hallucination is nuts.

The NA's believed that hallucinogens were a way to enter the spiritual realm, so no they didn't view it as a non-reality. To them the spiritual realm was reality.

A lot of their lore consists of talking animals, shape shifting, and the capability to dematerialize. Nobody said that all of their lore was hallucinations, I said they need to be taken with a grain of salt- meaning we don't know what is and what isn't. Knowing the effects of hallucinogens I'd say it wouldn't be very difficult to figure out how a lot of that lore originated. To just take it literal though like Renae did is nuts.

Edited by roguefooter

To just take it literal though like Renae did is nuts.

How do we know that this is the case? To make this assumption, you deny the possibility that her belief is based in personal experience.

I understand how gauche this must be, but I feel the need to quote myself from an earlier post:

Why insist that Renae made a choice to believe what she claims? None of us know, at this juncture, how she came to the conclusions she has. Is it that hard to admit the possibility that her position is based on first-hand experience? If (and I mean if...) this is the case, then her conclusions could easily follow logically, based on the facts as she understands or has experienced them. It would be less a case of taking a story literally, and more of reaching a conclusion based on personal experience/evidence, yes?

It is also important to point out that her interpretation(s) of any personal experience(s) could be flawed yet still lead her logically to her stated position, given that she accepts those experiences and their subsequent interpretations in a way that supports the "spirit" bigfoot concept.

Edited by Bonehead74

Keep it simple.

If we humans are spiritual beings,

Why can't Bigfoot be spiritual beings.

Wouldn't that fit with what Ranae said? 

How do we know that this is the case? To make this assumption, you deny the possibility that her belief is based in personal experience.

I understand how gauche this must be, but I feel the need to quote myself from an earlier post:

It is also important to point out that her interpretation(s) of any personal experience(s) could be flawed yet still lead her logically to her stated position, given that she accepts those experiences and their subsequent interpretations in a way that supports the "spirit" bigfoot concept.

I'll think otherwise when she actually makes the claim of a personal experience. Until then I'll just go with what I feel is the obvious.

I have no problem with Renae assigning a spiritual property to BF just as the Native Americans do.   Probably because I am part Native American myself.    Personally I feel the same way about that in that BF seem to have spiritual properties with respect to their relationship to humans,   but I stop short of assigning them abilities to pop in and out of this universe when other explanations work far better.    I give them due reverence in the field.     Probably a good idea when some of them are  8 or 9 feet tall and have had many chances to take me out of this "realm" and have not as yet.       If Renae had said something like I just said, I would not have even commented that but she carries science around like a club and bashes witnesses over the head with it wanting proof and substantiation.      Then matter of fact assigns dimension (realm)  hopping abilities  when nothing like that is known in science.     We have too many people that have grown up watching Star Trek, or other science fiction, and think changing dimensions is normal and science.    It is unknown to science.  ...

Keep it simple.

I think the only problem some of us are having with it is in that quote above, particularly the blue part.

If she's suddenly going off on this limb, she should really apologize to some people.  It's just harder to take some forms of skepticism when their proponents suddenly think something like this.

Keep it simple.

Humans are spiritual beings?

BFF Patron

Matt,  she has stated more the once on the Finding BF show that she did bear population studies in WA state.      That has come out of her mouth in public statements on the show.   You must not watch it much.      Probably undergraduate internship summer job thing.    If you are correct and she has not, then she is lying on the show.     I have a NOAA fisheries scientist living right next door to me with a Masters degree.    I asked him one time about wolverines trying to feel him out on how he might view BF.     He flatly stated he was a fish guy (his words) and did not know a lot about the forest animals so could not answer my question.    That is the answer I would expect from a scientist commenting on something out of his field.    When I have the chance I will ask him about her.   He might know her.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

The NA's believed that hallucinogens were a way to enter the spiritual realm, so no they didn't view it as a non-reality. To them the spiritual realm was reality.

So did/do many government/military bodies on the planet.

Matt, she has stated more the once on the Finding BF show that she did bear population studies in WA state. That has come out of her mouth in public statements on the show. You must not watch it much. Probably undergraduate internship summer job thing. If you are correct and she has not, then she is lying on the show. I have a NOAA fisheries scientist living right next door to me with a Masters degree. I asked him one time about wolverines trying to feel him out on how he might view BF. He flatly stated he was a fish guy (his words) and did not know a lot about the forest animals so could not answer my question. That is the answer I would expect from a scientist commenting on something out of his field. When I have the chance I will ask him about her. He might know her.

Might it be possible that bear populations could have an impact on fisheries due to predation and that was what she was researching? Perhaps it is as simple as that. I guess Renae needs to be the next interviewee on the BFF blog.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 3

No, I don't watch the show. I have worked on two episodes, though.

Ranae has done research in that area, so I was unaware of that. This is what she just told me:

"I worked with the Alaska Salmon Program/Fisheries Research Institute via UW. Bear research is a HUGE component of this program and where I focused my efforts."

That was my fault for being unaware of that portion of her work. I apologize.

Hope this helps!

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
3 A