So... Renae Of ' Finding Bigfoot ' Now Admits She Believes Bigfoot Exist

Bonehead74

Native Americans commonly used hallucinogens to enter the 'spiritual realm', so their lore should be taken with a grain of salt.

For Renae to take it literal just boggles the mind.

If I remember correctly, Renae has made pretty direct references to psilocybin mushrooms on the show more than once... hahaha

OK.  Chalking all Native American sasquatch lore up to being stoned on shrooms is not only backed by no evidence but borderline racist.

Hasn't been done here, and proffering the R word is silly.

• Upvote 2

Might it be possible that bear populations could have an impact on fisheries due to predation and that was what she was researching? Perhaps it is as simple as that. I guess Renae needs to be the next interviewee on the BFF blog.

awesome idea for next interviewee!

Edited by clubbedfoot

C'mon people, read posts better.  I can wait ...not sure how long but I can wait...

"Native Americans commonly used hallucinogens...so their lore should be taken with a grain of salt."

I'll give you time.

That sentence in quotes, every relevant word of which is included, blanket condemns the Native lore on sasquatch, which when viewed with proper perspective depicts an animal no different from the ones both Natives and we accept.  To lay it all - as that clearly does - to hallucinogens is just like saying we need to dismiss most of science, because we all know scientists have gotten drunk; smoked weed; and done harder stuff than that.

We going there?

Wishful thinking goes only so far, gang.  Evidence is the lodestone here, and it's wise to know what that is, and how to address it.

'Silly' would appropriately describe the 'skeptical' attitude on sasquatch, which could be called, accurately, 'superstition.'  Stories told over and over, regardless the reality, eh?

BFF Patron

I think the tribes that used / use hallucinogens are mostly in the SW.     Out of my expertise but I do not believe it much of a factor in the PNW where most tribes have a strong spiritual link with BF as part of their tribal culture.     Although even the SW tribes have pictographs that could be interpreted as depictions of BF.     The Ancient Alien people tag those pictographs as showing aliens.    Of course they also claim that BF is of alien origin.    If that claim is true, that could explain why our government does not want acceptance and DNA testing of BF.    That would take some explaining to do on the part of the government.    Forest product revenue would pale in comparison to the reasons involved in keeping those secrets from the American public. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest thermalman

You mind as well lump all of science's theories and hypothesis with your thinking DWA. And most of them are likely sober when they push their ideologies as truth to the world. Same philosophy as pushing BF reality, without the prescence of a body or DNA evidence, wouldn't you say?

Edited by thermalman

Nope I would not.  But just like the other scientists who know this is biology's hottest item right now, I know how to read evidence.

The rest of the scientists?  They aren't even paying attention.  Only way to look at it, when they're saying the same things you'd expect the garbage man to say.

Natives and non-Natives are seeing the same thing and describing it the same way.  That is called yer "authenticity indicator."  It's just how real stuff behaves.

Do you not tire of saying the same thing over and over and over again?

No more tired than I get of never seeing it get responded to by anything that would interest anyone interested.

Do you?  See, mine has stuff called evidence backing it up.  And it is as startlingly, richly and cogently varied as one would expect any observations to be that are seasoned and informed by extensive experience of human nature and the natural world.

You?  "No proof" repeated like five whole diff'rent ways.

What's with the garbage man bigotry? 

What's with the anti-science bigotry?

What's with all the red herrings?  Just contribute something to the discussion that would give a dispassionate observer reason to think you care about it enough to pay attention.  Is this, honestly, so hard?

Edited by DWA