So... Renae Of ' Finding Bigfoot ' Now Admits She Believes Bigfoot Exist

Bonehead74

Everybody may have a right to their opinion.  That doesn't confer immunity from people telling them that given their personal stance on the question it's simply a dumb opinion.

BFF Patron

She herself found a footprint on one of the shows.    How can she reconcile physical evidence with her spirit creature theory?    I suppose her problem is that she has been out in the woods a lot doing bear studies or whatever and since she has not seen a BF, believes like a lot of long time hunters. that if BF exists she would have seen one.     I have never seen a wolverine and have no problem believing they exist in my research area.   But rather than acknowledge she might be wrong,  she would rather tag BF with supernatural powers.    Her prerogative but she is  wrong.  

We don't know what evidence and/or experience(s) led Renae to her conclusion. Just because you find her statement distasteful doesn't mean you get to invent a motivation for it.

ETA- The folks who can't reconcile the existence of physical evidence with Renae's "spirit creature theory" and use that to show she is being illogical need to re-read her actual statement in the first post here:

“I do believe in Bigfoot, but what I believe is what a majority of the indigenous people of North America believe. They believe it is a spiritual being that has the ability to go between a physical realm and a spiritual realm at will,†said Holland.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 2

Bonehead74:  Only thing I can say to that is:  if you are the resident skeptic, and this is the tack you are now on, I am putting you to the left of Sir Bobo on this, and not taking a single skeptical thing you say seriously, from now on in.

How can you take a skeptical attitude toward physical existence when you are admitting you believe that the thing you are talking about can dematerialize at will?

BFF Patron

I find her statement illogical not distasteful.    She certainly has the right as does anyone to ascribe spiritual belief in anything.       She keeps throwing science and evidence in the face of witnesses week after week yet her statement speaks to either.      Using something she has done on the show many times to witnesses,  show me physical evidence that what you saw or believe was there.    Or in my question to her,  show me anything that anything can move between "the physical realm and the spiritual realm or back".     Science to date has not seen anything from the smallest subatomic particle to the something of astronomical size that can move in or out of this physical universe which the word  "realm" implies.   Matter can change to energy and energy become matter, but to sum total remains the same.    The only exception to that statement is that some think that black holes may not by definition be in this universe even though their gravitational effects are.      If that was not her intended message because of the use of the word "realm",   then she needs to be more scientific and careful about what she means.    Somehow I think physics is not her thing.   She does not think lay witnesses have any credibility, so why should anyone give her a pass to hide behind the cloak of science yet make such statements without question.    

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

SWWSAS:  exactly.

Do not come on to witnesses all "you didn't see what you think you saw" then go off all whack on us about something that jumps in and out of our physical universe at will, something that science has never seen a scrap of evidence for (it's seen tons for animals that if you saw one tomorrow you'd say you saw bigfoot).  You have earned the right to have your cynicism tossed right back in your face, with gusto.

I find it both illogical - it undermines her entire stance! - AND distasteful.  She just became HyperBobo to me, the farthest out there on the show.

I find your signature line ironic in light of your position.

Myself, I believe that not all of reality has yet been offered up on the sacred altar of science. Just to reiterate, we haven't heard from Renae what has led her to this belief. Believe or disbelieve what you will, I just don't understanding how you can accuse her of illogic without more information.

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify, my last post was referencing SWWSAS's sig line (somehow I missed DWA's post), but oddly enough, it sort of applies to DWA's also.

Edited by Bonehead74

I had the opportunity to spend some time with her very recently and I have to say that I think Renae is great!  She was super nice, helpful, kind and very pretty.  She was sincere and logical, and willing to be open minded.  I am a big fan of hers now and I wish her all the best!!

soooooo hammer..........did she hit on you ?

**( disclaimer, just kidding,  so fans don't need to get their shorts in a knot , the subject of "preference" has already been brought up )**

Native Americans commonly used hallucinogens to enter the 'spiritual realm', so their lore should be taken with a grain of salt.

For Renae to take it literal just boggles the mind.

Rogue, you dont think the NA`s knew the diff between reality and a trip? so you think they might of dosed on mushrooms or peyote , saw bigfoot, and from then on thought of it like any other animal like deer or wolf? (Some tribes thought of them as people)

or is it more likely they saw Bigfoot while out hunting,or fishing for their family, and thats where the stories came from? sure maybe they saw BF while buzzed too, but to discount all NA legends and stories as simply being a hallucination is nuts.

Why insist that Renae made a choice to believe what she claims? None of us know, at this juncture, how she came to the conclusions she has. Is it that hard to admit the possibility that her position is based on first-hand experience? If (and I mean if...) this is the case, then her conclusions could easily follow logically, based on the facts as she understands or has experienced them. It would be less a case of taking a story literally, and more of reaching a conclusion based on personal experience/evidence, yes?

Edited by Bonehead74

Not Rogue, but from your post, I'm inclined to believe you've never ingested hallucinogens. Who's to say whether Native Americans considered their experiences after ingesting a hallucinogen real or subjectively imagined?

Personally, I've done so many times, and not merely in my misspent youth. It was rare that I wasn't able to discern fancy from reality, but there were a few times....enough to make me wonder, and become aware of the possibility of dimensions beyond this vale.

Consider reading Carlos Castenada, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge:

http://www.amazon.com/Teachings-Don-Juan-Yaqui-Knowledge/dp/034502656X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410681975&sr=1-1&keywords=carlos+castaneda+The+Teachings+of+Don+Juan%3A+A+Yaqui+Way+of+Knowledge

It's been about ten years since I did a shamanistic dose of psylibin, but  was a little concerned to sense Death on my left. Still, am kicking ten years later, so he must have been providing instruction to me. Take my posting for what it's worth.

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Upvote 1

As somebody who has always held that the only reason science can't pursue the paranormal aspects of sasquatch yet is that the tools aren't there to do it unless I am missing something, I'm not saying Ranae is wrong.

I'm just saying that if she really believes this now, she needs to go to a lot of people who didn't, no way, see what they saw 'coz Ranae says that can't happen, and give them the apology she owes them.