Primate Arm Found

Guest lightheart

The information was placed out for all to see.  Getting a response back on  samples should not happen over night.   What other information can one provide than he has done?  How it was found, what he suspects it is, that it's being sent off for testing.. even pictures.. It's pretty open for all to see.   

Not much info on how it was found (unless there is info I haven't seen outside of links posted in this thread).  We don't even know who actually found it.  Brown has "come into possession" does not sound like he found it personally.  Even the pictures so far released are not great - better pics from more angles could tell us a lot - like being able to see the underside of the arm (arm flipped onto its back) for instance.  We could then see more details of the finger/toe bones, if there are/were claws, if there is any kind of thumb, etc. Is there even hair on it?  That would be very useful info, not a peep about that so far.  These are several examples of info that would be easy to give right now IMO. Very limited info so far with the words BF and Skunkape originally tagged to the bones.

Edited by Teegunn

There is neither a thumb nor any hair on these bones nor was there ever.

From my perspective, if Stacy Brown Jr and David Lauer are forthcoming about what they have and with the same expediency with which they announced having a "non-human primate arm", exclamation, exclamation, exclamation, then I have no problem with it. If they learn that oops, we have something not at all a primate arm, but rather completely mundane and common for Florida, well then, lesson learned. Hopefully that lesson being that these "Sasquatch hunters" should really educate themselves about the kinds evidence they can potentially find in the area they conduct their research.

Likewise, if they learn that holy cow, we have a non-human primate arm of unknown origin and further testing needs to be done, then also fine.

On the other hand, if they are not forthcoming, if they delay that information being released because they want to build attention or do not want to face ridicule for presenting the mundane as the unknown, that is when they are behaving in a typicaly Woods & Wildmen adult roleplaying game fashion.

The situation is this - the bones are completely mundane and readily identifiable by any professional with experience looking at bones of North American fauna, particularly for that area. To the layperson such as myself and even a trained profession, they do look like they could possibly be from a primate in the photos that were given. The following Sasquatch Hunter video has David Lauer stating that the bones were found on the property of an anonymous law enforcement official who had the Florida Wildlife Commission look at the bones with the FWC determining them to be of primate origin, likely a monkey...

It's unknown thus far who the person who originally found the bones is or if the FWC actually looked at the bones and thought they were primate. They did however send Todd Disotell seven hi-res scanned images for him to examine. When I saw the announcement that bones were found of a "non-human primate arm", I became interested because actual bones are exactly what we need for reliable evidence for Bigfoot. An entire arm intact would blow away anything else submitted to date as Bigfoot evidence.

I contacted Prof. Todd Disotell with the first released images and asked for his professional opinion as Todd is a friend and I knew I could hear back from him relatively quickly depending on his schedule. Todd got back to me right away letting me know that in fact he had been contacted directly by Stacy Brown Jr. who was sending him seven hi-res images of the bones to examine. Todd was unable to examine the images until the next day, as he has been busy with a filming schedule. Being in Japan I'm fairly out of the loop on a number of things in Bigfootery. For one, Stacy Brown Jr. was completely unknown to me as being the winner of Disotell's Bigfoot Bounty show, which I have only seen one episode of. Stacy is also a friend of Todd's so he could count on Todd as a world authority on primates being able to tell him what the bones are.

Todd has since examined the bones. In this case I have to be respectful of private communications. Todd will be shooting a video with Brown and Lauer this weekend about what the results of his examination are. I'm not sure exactly the context it is in because I could only connect with him briefly today. What I can say at this point is that the bones are not Bigfoot and not a primate of any kind. What they are can be determined by the images already made available by anyone with sufficient education about North American animal anatomy. They did look somewhat primate at first, but they are not. I expect an announcement soon, but until then I will leave it to the principles involved to do so. They could do so now, but for whatever reason, they are doing it together with Disotell.

No Bigfoots here, but I don't think anyone really had high hopes here anyway.

Hello kitakaze,

I thank you for your prompt and candid update. I will indeed wait and look forward to the announcement from Dr. Disotell, Stacy Brown Jr. and David Lauer. Thank you again for this.

The second line in your signature, alas, says it all.

Edited by hiflier

Kit - thanks for all that info.  It's pretty much exactly as I expected.  No hair, non primate.  We have a pretty good idea of the likely possibilities. I will give a little bit of a break for the delay in further info if they are supposedly shooting a video together on what the bones are, however it still seems like a carrot of vague info has purposefully been throw out with no info given since.  And seeing as they KNOW what it is by your accounting, the wait just for the video, well, pretty easy to see why.

I enjoyed reading all of these posts . So, thank you all. I am from North Central Florida. We have lots of animals living here. Many that are not native here.  One thing we don't have his skunk apes. Lots of reptiles ,felines and canines like the one this bone came from. Stiil , it makes a good read .

For years I've gone to the website of Skulls Unlimited International.  They have been around since the 80's and now have a museum in Oklahoma City called the Museum of Osteology.  They have an American alligator skeleton but it is not articulated.  Take a look at their website, put alligator in the search box and compare with what we are being shown in Brown's et al pics.

The appendage was found by a Florida deputy. It was brought to him by his dog which picked it up somewhere on his property.

The arm is not a primate arm. The arm is not an arm. It's a leg. The leg of an American alligator.

Edited by kitakaze