Primate Arm Found

Guest lightheart

Branco - I understand where you could see hair - I wasn't saying there wasn't, just pointing out that IMO the pic wasn't good enough to determine. 

Sasfooty - IMO it is best to go in not expecting to see anything but what is there.  So far, I am not seeing enough evidence (from the pictures and video so far) that this is even primate, or even mammalian even.  Merely going where the evidence is pointing.  So far the information/evidence is not sound enough from pics to make a conclusion.  The shape of the bones and small size/length are all lending towards not primate however IMHO. 

I'm not expecting it to be a skunk ape either. I would be astounded if it was.

They aren't known for leaving their children's arms lying around to be found.

• Upvote 3

Branco,

Gentleman's bet...I'll go with a hairless gator.  :)

Pat...  

OK, I'll take it, although a gator is one critter whose carcass I've never found. We've got the things here, but live ones are all I've every seen. 

I'm going with a canine of some kind.

Loser has to watch five consecutive AL Sharpton shows.     :)

(Well I screwed that post up, huh?)

Edited by Branco

I'm with Kit on this one. Plussed.

Branco,

Note the similar widths of the canine metatarsals compared to that of the gator(outer is thinner while inner is much thicker).

Instead of watchin'  Al Sharpton, how bout non-winner has ta drink five beers minimum ! (Unless of course you're a non-drinker, then it's Sharpton for ya).

Pat...speke-dog-skeleton-foot.jpg

Is it my imagination or does the ruler say 17 inches for the arm total length?My own arm is almost thirty inches long from shoulder to finger tips. Not a sizeable arm in that photo. If that ruler is metric then the arm is even smaller. Not convincing evidence again.

Branco,

Note the similar widths of the canine metatarsals compared to that of the gator(outer is thinner while inner is much thicker).

Instead of watchin'  Al Sharpton, how bout non-winner has ta drink five beers minimum ! (Unless of course you're a non-drinker, then it's Sharpton for ya).

Pat...speke-dog-skeleton-foot.jpg

I see what you mean; and I suspect you may be right. You are obviously more well versed in "boneology" than I. (I wish there was a linear reference scale in that photo though.)

If I lose, I'll have to watch Al. I must be allergic to something in beer. If I drink over three at one time, the stuff makes me dizzy, my eyes cross, and I loose my balance.

Appreciate your time and effort.

• Upvote 3

Is it my imagination or does the ruler say 17 inches for the arm total length?My own arm is almost thirty inches long from shoulder to finger tips. Not a sizeable arm in that photo. If that ruler is metric then the arm is even smaller. Not convincing evidence again.

Here's a different one with a ruler.

10626488_573339732770060_279851008527552

Somebody has to say it: It's cow.

I'm just waiting for those who first declared it to be a "primate arm" to submit the results of that investigation shown in the video. That's reasonable isn't it? (It really doesn't matter what it is or why they thought it was from a primate. To err is human. No big deal.) 

If it's a cow; I sure would hate to try to milk that heifer!  :o 

I'm with Branco - time for some word from the people who first announced this and who have studied it or sent it to those more knowledgeable to study it.  It seems an awful stretch to still be combining the words BF or skunkape with this smallish "arm" (leg).  At this point you'd think expert(s) who have studied this in person could have made a fairly close determination from several key details (length of finger bones, short length of arm, if or if not there is hair, etc). 

Hello All,

Post #1:

I was reading Bigfoot Evidence this afternoon and saw that Stacey Brown Jr. Is now in possession of some sort of primate arm. The arm......

Post # 6

If true I will be elated. If true then NAWAC and Norseman and all the rest who said the'd call off the hunt will turn avid promoters for conservation and protection. If this isn't corroborated inside the next two days ..........then it may not be looking too good.....

The news came in Monday, this is Thurs night about 9:00pm. I think it would be good to keep this going through the weekend ;)

Post #102

I'm with Branco - time for some word from the people who first announced this and who have studied it or sent it to those more knowledgeable to study it.  It seems an awful stretch to still be combining the words BF or skunkape with this smallish "arm" (leg).  At this point you'd think expert(s) who have studied this in person could have made a fairly close determination from several key details (length of finger bones, short length of arm, if or if not there is hair, etc).

This started out being labeled as an "arm" right from the get-go. And a "primate arm" too as per the thread's title. Ah well.......

Edited by hiflier