Primate Arm Found

Guest lightheart

Couple thoughts:

1) I could be wrong, but that looks to me like hair.  I've never seen an alligator with hairy ankles.   If it is just frayed hide, then you could well be right because the bone structure looks fairly similar.  

More photos have been released and there is no hair on the limb...

10626488_573339732770060_279851008527552

10346112_573339699436730_347959932446283

10384930_573339752770058_291646199781008

10632675_573339772770056_697804305546535

Gator leg...

alligator-trunk.jpg

foot_all.jpg

alligator.jpg

022609-08.jpg

The arm is no arm, nor is it primate nor mammal. There is no fifth digit, only a small spur of a vestigial digit and you can see the chicken meat texture connective tissue in the top photo. I have not heard back from Disotell today but I think the "primate arm" is a gator leg.

• Upvote 1

Admin

Next!

considering the attitude brown displayed when the forum was  discussing the show where he was a  contestant rubbing animal feces on .......... it would be sort of funny

if it did turn out to be something non primate altogether.   and again , it would be great however, if it was the real deal.

Guest JiggyPotamus

Seeing what others I have posted I have a better idea of the possibilities, and it seems unlikely that this is from a sasquatch. I don't know why I never considered all of the other animals that live in the forest, and instead assumed it had to be a primate. I think it is partly because of the positioning of the arm in the picture. There could be claws on the ends of the finger bones, and maybe that is why they're tucked under near the palm. So I suppose it could actually be a quadrupedal animal, which makes much more sense than a bigfoot. I haven't gone through all the replies yet, so I will see what else has been mentioned. But even if there were no claws, which there probably aren't by the way, this does not mean it is not quadrupedal. It obviously is not a hoofed animal. Even with my non-existent experience with analyzing animal bones I can determine that. But it wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong, as that is what happens when you talk about stuff that you have no clue about, lol.

Hello JiggyPotamus,

I see a bit of humor there my friend and what you said at the end of your post rigs so true with me as well. Yep, it ain't no hooved animal LOL.

I'm leaning towards the hind leg of a gator. The metatarsals are to different from each other ... 

I could be wrong.. get the test results. 

From what I can see, I'd guess rear left leg of gator. Gator has five toes in front, four toes in back. Based on width metatarsals, note the widths of medial an lateral metatarsals, an the number of phalangeal joints(yes, I'm aware there are likely missin' pieces of this puzzle), just what I think is all...my two cents.  :)  

Pat...

EDIT: Quote function for me never seems to work on this forum, I am responding to Branco about the comment about hair on the arm.

^^^^

Still no mention of hair from anyone who has seen it in person, at least not that I have heard.  From the original picture, and now also from the video posted on page 5 of this thread, and also the other pictures now released (3 or 4 more I think), I don't think one can determine if there is hair on the arm or leg.  If you can see and determine there is hair on there, you definitely have one-up on me.  And FWIW, I grew up around thousands of animals, both wild and domesticated and have lived in rural areas almost my entire life.  And have seen many carcasses in differing levels of decomposition.  I have not seen a BF or Skunk ape, as you allude to having done yourself, but my original point stands - I cannot determine if there is hair on these bones from the original picture nor from the other pictures and video released.  Nor have I heard mention of hair from anything that I have read.

Edited by Teegunn

Reminds me of most of the ghost hunter EVPs--Incomplete data and the power of suggestion. If you expect to see a hairy primate arm, that's what you see. Until you don't.

EDIT: Quote function for me never seems to work on this forum, I am responding to Branco about the comment about hair on the arm.

^^^^

Still no mention of hair from anyone who has seen it in person, at least not that I have heard.  From the original picture, and now also from the video posted on page 5 of this thread, and also the other pictures now released (3 or 4 more I think), I don't think one can determine if there is hair on the arm or leg.  If you can see and determine there is hair on there, you definitely have one-up on me.  And FWIW, I grew up around thousands of animals, both wild and domesticated and have lived in rural areas almost my entire life.  And have seen many carcasses in differing levels of decomposition.  I have not seen a BF or Skunk ape, as you allude to having done yourself, but my original point stands - I cannot determine if there is hair on these bones from the original picture nor from the other pictures and video released.  Nor have I heard mention of hair from anything that I have read.

You may be right. When I examined this photo on a photo enhancement program, there did appear to be a clump of hair over the wrist joint. After playing with the photo a little more it appears that part of the original photo was blurred and slightly out of focus.

Of course, the later photos were of the bones while they were being cleaned. 

I'm betting that the animal which contributed his leg to "science" was hair covered while alive. 

And if you expect that you never will....you never will. Even if you do.

Perhaps the converse it true, as well: If you expect to see them, they're everywhere.

I find it notable that all descriptions of this appendage are given as "primate" from the get-go. Why? Either that is truly just presumptive hype, or there is something about it that somebody has already confirmed.