Primate Arm Found

Guest lightheart

When I first saw the pic and find location I thought gator also, but I also then read that FWC was mentioned. Human and bear were ruled out but I wish we knew how FWC was involved, if they were e-mailed pics or actually viewed the object. Also in the pic there seems to be some tissue still attached. Nothing as far as what I've read has said anything about any hair or fur attached or found at the find location.

Even at this early stage, any type of hair or fur would at least rule out gator.

Couple thoughts:

1) I could be wrong, but that looks to me like hair.  I've never seen an alligator with hairy ankles.   If it is just frayed hide, then you could well be right because the bone structure looks fairly similar.  

2) You've claimed Disotell is a BF community supporter.  I see quite the opposite.  He's a snarky, cynical, scoffer.   Considering his comments in interviews, if he's a friend of the community, we don't need enemies.    Put it this way: I'd pick a lab at random before I'd send him anything to test.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Really? Why is that?

It would seem to me that a "scoftic" scientist would be the perfect messenger to acknowledge the bigfoot creature.

Because whomever is able to verify a new species will probably profit not only monetarily, but also within their scientific discipline. A person who obstructs the discovery process by making a mockery of the subject does not deserve to be involved whatsoever, IMO. As long as the evidence is hard (bones, body, etc) it while be a slam dunk. To me, give those accolades to someone who has taken the career risk associated with bf and let the scoftics fade into the background. To whichever scientist leads the discovery process, I would imagine it would be the pinnacle of their career.

I used to have the same opinion as you MIB as far as Disotell goes, but I now see some balance in his words. There are enough scientists who have publicly made a mockery of anyone who would consider bf as anything other than a myth and the idea of even looking for evidence is a waste of time and to me, he doesn't fit that profile any longer.

The humerus seems much thicker and the gators has a distinct curvature to it. Maybe the angle of the photo prevents the curvature to be seen, but if the FWC was also involved, they should have been able to easily identify it as gator.

Hello All,

As far as Dr. Todd Disotell goes I still think it a good choice. If he's a scofftic then all the better for giving it to him. At least he has SOME history with the subject of BF. Besides, I would rather someone who questions existence to make that anthropological discovery than to have it made by someone fully in the BF camp. Having a non believer, for the most part, do the testing and evaluation won't open the door to those who will say the outcome has been tampered with. Or that a complete analysis was not done because of a biased mindset.

I think it omportant simply to assure objectivity as much as possible. Nothing's to say too that Dr. Disotell is the only one who will be looking at this? I do think it was wise to secure him first to keep the specimen in the public eye and not on some back shelf never to be mentioned again perhaps. Guaranteed Dr. Meldrum is in the circle if there is any hint of bipedalism or primate morphology referenced in the bones.

Edited by hiflier

Who knows if it is hair, weathered skin, or even dried moss.  The pic is not good enough nor is there enough info to glean what this is.  Needs DNA and experts looking at it in person IMO.  I don't think the chances of primate, let alone BF/skunk ape are looking good at all at this point however.

Who knows if it is hair, weathered skin, or even dried moss.  The pic is not good enough nor is there enough info to glean what this is.  Needs DNA and experts looking at it in person IMO.  I don't think the chances of primate, let alone BF/skunk ape are looking good at all at this point however.

Pretty well anyone that has seen the remains of a several hundred wild animal carcasses of various species - excluding Skunk Apes & Bigfoot - across many states including FL.

Edited by Branco

Guest Divergent1

I'ld take it to the local taxidermist first and find out what it isn't. From there I would go to a local University or zoo and see if they could tell me what it was. If it were me and I was told it was something normal I would stop there. Human nature is what it is, I imagine it will be sent to experts looking for the answer they want to hear until there isn't anyone left to send it to. He's just skipping some steps. I read and listened to what Todd had to say about Dr. Ketchum's results, he was right about that. This is more straight forward and concrete. I don't see anything wrong with asking Dr. Disotell what his opinion is about the bones.

Is the ruler in cm or inches?

Good question!

I believe it is cm.....even smaller now, eh?

We'll just have to wait and see, but I think all bets are off for a primate arm.

Agreed.

Now that I look at it again, I may stand corrected.

I thought that the head of the screw in the pic would be awfully big if it were inch increments.....now I'm not so sure.

Ask me tomorrow and I'll probably change my mind again!

LOL

Thx Bill.