Bigfoot Beheads People?

Forewarned is fore armed, or is it?

When speaking of behavior there exists a possibility of abducted human beings, either killed or injured, or otherwise never seen again. Knowing how to give it urgency always seems to be center of controversy. With blind faith, wishful thinking or simple skepticism about this illusive creature remains just a guess, and it remains a phenomenon bound in debate and always has been. Like a window fan blowing full force moving hot air from one place to another, the debate indeed goes on.

Forewarned is forearmed. With some level of certainty we know it is not something that just began yesterday. In spite of much earlier folklore and legend Native Americans in some sectors of the country have known long ago, even warned of aggressive Sasquatch predatory behavior. With much pride and admiration many progressive Bigfoot researchers are giving early folklore and legend of Native Americans a second glance and credit for their knowledge once thought just folklore.

Coupled with some of these events reported locally since the mid to late 1800s with additional information such as the Missing 411 books, the Martin case, a Goat woman of Oregon, the human remains surrounded by huge tracks in Washington gives one reason enough to reconsider all possibilities. Could this be a preview of what awaits us? Are there more stories yet waiting to surface and is this the beginning of a consistent drumbeat of new reports and stories waiting to surface?

Edited by Gumshoeye

Binary thinking is a mistake.   The notion that they're all either gentle giants -or- murderous predators is overly simplistic.   I see a quest for the emotional safety of absolutes in that dichotomy .. a natural response to fear,.

Like a certain MIB whose friends trust their children with him precisely because he can be extremely dangerous if it is called for but would rather take a nap, I suspect the big guys all have the potential but few have the disposition.   Don't put them in a position where they feel threatened and by far the most likely outcome is they'll leave without you ever knowing they were around.

It seems a real human trait to get our panties in a wad over what COULD happen and forget to step back and look at the probability of that thing happening.   One thing for certain, the true number of unsolved disappearances is much lower than the hand-wringers would have you believe.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 2

Hello SusiQ

Hello back:) My day is now free, and I can talk about anything and everything on this topic that is covering everything except world peace, but the day is still young, so who knows? 

I am totally free to hang out here!

Hello MIB -  A  laisse-faire "leave it alone" attitude is better in your opinion?

Hello SusiQ - They say the Lions won and the Falcons lost, the price of China is up and gold is down. I was sort of giving some thought to a post by Jayjeti's earlier post.

Binary thinking is a mistake.   The notion that they're all either gentle giants -or- murderous predators is overly simplistic.   I see a quest for the emotional safety of absolutes in that dichotomy .. a natural response to fear,.

Like a certain MIB whose friends trust their children with him precisely because he can be extremely dangerous if it is called for but would rather take a nap, I suspect the big guys all have the potential but few have the disposition.   Don't put them in a position where they feel threatened and by far the most likely outcome is they'll leave without you ever knowing they were around.

It seems a real human trait to get our panties in a wad over what COULD happen and forget to step back and look at the probability of that thing happening.   One thing for certain, the true number of unsolved disappearances is much lower than the hand-wringers would have you believe.

MIB

MIB, My friend, I disagree because our national parks do not release the data on how many people have gone missing. David Paulides is fighting to have those records released, but the parks have claimed that it would cost the parks too much money to tabulate the missing people, and if they did do it David would have to pay several hundred thousand dollars to receive those numbers. Does that seem normal to you? The parks are denying that there any problems. 

Here is where you can sign his petition to reveal the truth that is being hidden:

http://www.canammissing.com/doi-petition.html

Please sign this petition to have the national parks reveal the truth about how many people go missing every year in our National Parks and Forest.

http://www.canammissing.com/doi-petition.html

*****Gumshoeye, my friend, I am just starting to read the new postings, and after I read them I will be able to respond. However, Please sign David Paulides petition, and ask your police bubbies and anyone you know to please sign it so that the truth will (hopefully)  finally be revealed.****

Edited by SweetSusiq

MIB

Brilliant post, as always, MIB. 

Just an additional note. The attempt to classify people as "binary thinkers" (and I'm not talking about you, MIB) is just a way of slamming people who know the truth that you do: that few BF have the disposition to kill humans. The "truth" is not in the "middle". The truth is in that observation of yours -- and of many, many others -- that the overwhelming majority of BF individuals do not wish to hurt you, even though they're fully capable of grinding you into the finest of fine dust.

If that were not the truth, the many, many people on here talking about their encounters would not be alive today to do all that talking. 

• Upvote 1

Oh, I think there is something "funny" with NPS.    If they truly do not have the records, theirs is the most inept law enforcement agency in the country.  

At the same time, I don't buy the claimed numbers of unsolved disappearances.   Search and rescue efforts, even in the park, are often conducted by the local county sheriff and a volunteer S&R group an assigned deputy "runs."  Searches generally draw large local media coverage, they're not secret.   There absolutely are NOT the hundreds and thousands of mysterious, unsolved disappearances people claim annually happen in the park system.

Bet you'd find that if you take a year's cases as a cohort and wait 10 years, there are less than 3 dozen remaining unsolved.  

I'll probably be one of them ... though it'll be more likely to be a federal wilderness area, not a national park, there are too many people in the parks.   It won't be bigfoot. 

MIB

LeafTalker: I sincerely agree with you. My concern is that people do go missing under odd circumstances in parks and forests around the country, and my desire is that people are at least made aware of the Bigfoot and Dogman existing  in forests all over America.     Then the people can decide for themselves with full knowledge of what is "out there" before they go hiking and camping.

Jayjeti, I agree with your post at #164, well done my friend, and a plus 1 to you from me:)

Hello MIB -  A  laisse-faire "leave it alone" attitude is better in your opinion?.

Could you be more specific?   "leave it alone" ... leave what alone?   Do you mean leave bigfoot alone?  Do you mean just ignore the potential danger?   I'm not sure what you're asking.

MIB

Hey MIB - I am back on to finish where we left off. You're confusing me with your messages. I think you had made some great points but you did not elaborate. You claim binary thinking is a mistake Why?  That was my first question to your initial comment.

My second is, you mentioned "seeing a quest for emotional safety of absolutes in that dichotomy," what quest do you see?  And what dichotomy of emotional safety of absolutes?

Lastly, because I had to leave and wasn't able to learn more about reasoning for your statement my question was: Do you feel its best to leave the subject alone? I apologize for asking but I need to know where you stand and wanted clarification.

SusiQi -  I think that is very reasonable as well.  Hello Leaftalker!

OFF TOPIC: DENVER is playing so I'll be in and out:) It's Thursday's game, and I'm finally able to watch it now! I have not checked out the score so the game is all new to me:)

Edited by SweetSusiq

One thing for certain, the true number of unsolved disappearances is much lower than the hand-wringers would have you believe.

MIB

There absolutely are NOT the hundreds and thousands of mysterious, unsolved disappearances people claim annually happen in the park system.  Bet you'd find that if you take a year's cases as a cohort and wait 10 years, there are less than 3 dozen remaining unsolved.  

MIB

I believe you are making assumptions, not based on any knowledge of unsolved disappearances.  I think you are also making an assumption saying people claim there are hundreds or thousands of unsolved disappearances each year.  That's hyperbole.  David Paulides in his 411 books comments how he can't get any details from the government about numbers of unsolved disappearances, but as the following article notes he's uncovered 400 so far, many in clusters around certain locations.  Here is an excerpt from that article:

"In the years since the knock at the door, Paulides has scoured small town newspaper archives and pestered federal agencies for records. He found so many cases of missing people that one planned book became two, filled with more than 400 cases of people who went into national parks but never came out.  CANAM Missing Project   "People disappear in the wilderness all the time. We're talking about something different. These are unusual things that don't make sense, that happen to cluster together in three to four, sometimes as many as 20 to 30 people missing at one location," Paulides said."

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/18150329/i-team

Edited by jayjeti

Hey MIB - I am back on to finish where we left off. You're confusing me with your messages. I think you had made some great points but you did not elaborate. You claim binary thinking is a mistake Why?  That was my first question to your initial comment.

My second is, you mentioned "seeing a quest for emotional safety of absolutes in that dichotomy," what quest do you see?  And what dichotomy of emotional safety of absolutes?

Lastly, because I had to leave and wasn't able to learn more about reasoning for your statement my question was: Do you feel its best to leave the subject alone? I apologize for asking but I need to know where you stand and wanted clarification.

SusiQi -  I think that is very reasonable as well.  Hello Leaftalker!

I think it makes sense to answer the second question first.   Quest for a sense of certainty when overwhelmed by fear.   Dichotomy of either "bigfoot is just a gentle forest giant, I had no reason to be scared" ... whistling past the graveyard --or-- bigfoot is a flesh eating monster that was going the chew my face off so it was perfectly reasonable for me to have crapped my pants.   In other words, totally embrace or totally refute their fear.

That's the binary decision I meant in the first part.   I think it is a mistake to grasp either one because I believe the truth lies in between.   The grasping is an emotional response.   I believe a rational response is more appropriate especially once the moment has ended.

In particular, I believe in an INFORMED rational response.   Look at the evidence, understand it, and internalize your conclusions so they become your next reaction.

I still don't know what you mean by "leave the subject alone".   Which subject?   Talking about bigfoot?   Or talking about FEAR of bigfoot?   Or something else?   Can you be a little more direct please?   I'd be happy to answer your question once I know what it is. :)

MIB

MIB, Have you read Paulides' Missing 411 books? I have read and proudly own all of them, and I believe he is on to something very unusual occurring in our national forests, and I believe both BF and DM are involved in most, if not all, of the disappearances.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic