Bigfoot Beheads People?

Very good Georgerm - 

Are you referring to the Buddhism, Taosim, religion? I recall the very same idiom or parable and the four pillar readings when I took that subject in college. It had nothing to do with Bigfoot, as I remember :-)  You are right to call for kindness and remind everyone to have fun, and learn.  

Georgerm -  I understand the message you meant to convey but reference to Oregon vigilantes only serves to inflame the subject. Besides the implied meaning of the word use and association, the insertion of the word vigilantism conjures up ideas of a pro-kill attitude, and that I think is misleading and could not be further from the truth. Not only that, it distracts readers from genuine back and forth dialogue by clouding up an already perplexing issue.

As a gentle reminder, I have not read anything here that implies or advocates harming those things.   

The parable is referenced to the Hindus. and it relates to the debate about bigfoot's peaceful or violent nature. We are like the blind men debating this point. We don't know the truth and Pauledes is approaching the truth.

Your opinion is valid as the elephant parable demonstrates. A contentious debate is not healthy or educational.

The point about vigilantes is provoking so let's us another word.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/vigilante

Wikipedia defines vigilante: "a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate."  

Do we have strong enough laws such as 1 to 5 years for shooting a bigfoot to prevent more shootings? Guess how many reported shootings have been reported? Frontier justice is a fact, and history repeats itself. If the public begins to believe that bigfoot is kidnapping adults and adults from national parks then what do you think might happen?

The last thing I want to see is a reason for more bigfoot being shot.  

Edited by georgerm

Everyone does what they think best. You have a generous heart, and are doing what is best both for you, and for the people you care about. I want to do that, too. I just have a different take on how to do that. I am trying to teach myself to look closely at the choices I make each moment, and at what happens down the road as a result of those choices. It's very strange and interesting, seeing how the present connects with the future. There are consequences to everything we do, and sometimes they're not the ones we were expecting. The attempt to protect myself in one moment has often led to some real unpleasantness later on. (Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, yes?) So I'm very interested in the whole idea of protection, and the ways in which efforts to protect ourselves can sometimes backfire. 

LT, I may be preaching to the choir, but I seriously do not want any more children, nor adults, out hiking and camping with zero knowledge about these beings sharing the woodlands with them.

I am sure to be shunned by the BF community at large, but I am beyond ready for a body to be produced and covered by every major news service.

One dead BF could save many human lives because at least people will be more aware, and can freely choose to camp and hike knowing that "they" are out there.

Heaven only knows what will happen should a Dogman type 4 be the first specimen obtained. Type 3 BF looks like a BF but has a snout. The type 3 is what I happened to see from our car.

**I do not wish for any wide scale hunting, all I want is something that proves they exist so people can make informed decisions.**

Edited by SweetSusiq

Georgerm -  Point well taken ... How many Bigfoot related shootings have there been? Does anyone have any idea? You know we are discussing this even while hordes of skeptics argue they don't exist. If the public begins to believe bigfoot is kidnapping people from national parks shouldn't the public forewarned? Anyways, I understand what you are saying thanks. 

Edited by Gumshoeye

georgerm said:

Susi and others need to open to the notion that the forest has other dangers that are equally as horrifying and much more prevalent such a black bear attacks, rattle snake bites, cougar maulings, and in the near future............... wolf pack assaults. My opinion is these forest threats are way more real and are equally as horrifying.

Susi says:

Georgerm, *Everybody* is aware of these dangers. You make a moot point. People daily hike and camp aware of these dangers.

**It's the other species that they do not know about that concerns me.**

LT, correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you been one that's put forth the suggestion that bigfoot is a gentle creature of the forest?

Certainly apologize if I've presented an incorrect position you've put forth. Still, we've a wealth of past postings....

Incorrigible, You are just too cute, and also thoughtful. Thank you for this posting, I laughed when I read it:)

It's hard to say to what degree those creatures are involved in that.  Paulides is careful not to directly ascribe bigfoot to the missing person's cases except in some particular cases where there might be some evidence.  He addresses the suspicious clusters of disappearances.  

Linda Godfred, whom many hold to be the foremost authority in dogman research, investigating sighting reports for 21 years, claims she is not aware of one single instance of dogman causing a serious injury to a human. 

I suspect I know why she was able to report that.

Dead and missing people do not talk. They are just gone.

(That's blunt, I've lost people that I have cared for, kids that I nursed, I know what death looks like in a hospital setting,)

(I do not know how our LEOs here are able to handle to the horrors they encounter with car accidents, and violent crimes. Truly, I was sheltered, and still am from the horrors our men in blue or gray face every day.)

Incorrigible - It sounds so therapeutic like bubble bath ...

SSQ - You just learn to steel your emotions .... compartmentalize ... find humor .... and know when its time to decompress. You learn to stay within circles that are safe, like-minded, and who share the same experiences.

Everyone does what they think best. You have a generous heart, and are doing what is best both for you, and for the people you care about. I want to do that, too. I just have a different take on how to do that. I am trying to teach myself to look closely at the choices I make each moment, and at what happens down the road as a result of those choices. It's very strange and interesting, seeing how the present connects with the future. There are consequences to everything we do, and sometimes they're not the ones we were expecting. The attempt to protect myself in one moment has often led to some real unpleasantness later on. (Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, yes?) So I'm very interested in the whole idea of protection, and the ways in which efforts to protect ourselves can sometimes backfire. 

Leaf, I am not house bound at all. I am out and about all the time, and freely go about my business. I just avoid the woodlands:(

I have not been back in the woods since my sighting, but my kids still do hike and camp, and hubby is so blooming busy, he does not have time to go hiking or camping anymore.

I told my kids about what I saw but they will not take it seriously, and freely hike and camp. However, I do hope that they are more aware of their surroundings thanks to my encounter.

Incorrigible - It sounds so therapeutic like bubble bath ...

SSQ - You just learn to steel your emotions .... compartmentalize ... find humor .... and know when its time to decompress. You learn to stay within circles that are safe, like-minded, and who share the same experiences.

Plus 1 to you from me, I am smiling at your comment. Thanks my friend, I appreciate you and your wit, plus your service in keeping your city safe.

JAYJETI WROTE:

The article I quoted stated this:

"Paulides has scoured small town newspaper archives and pestered federal agencies for records. He found so many cases of missing people that one planned book became two, filled with more than 400 cases of people who went into national parks but never came out."

Maybe some people have made a bad assumption that 100's go missing each year that are never found.  I haven't noticed people stating that.  Usually I just hear people commenting on this subject say hundreds have gone missing in out parks and I don't hear the each year statement.  Maybe you have.  Its possible some people could jump to that conclusion.

But something I've noticed is it hits some people's raw nerve to suggest that there is a possible danger of unprovoked attacks by sasquatches.  Even though it is likely a very small minority that engage in that behavior, I believe it has happened and continues to happen.  That seems to bother some people who desire a different view of these creatures.

Susi says: 

You have essentially nailed my opinions about some of the why's and how's that the missing people became missing. Thank you Jayjeti, and a plus one to you from me with appreciation 

• masterbarber unpinned this topic