Bigfoot Beheads People?

Dogs and deer, just like human beings, don't want to be beheaded by Big Foot. They aren't dumb animals. They, just-say-"no" to getting beheaded by Big Foot...

Susiq If something is agitating your dog why would it be a cryptid? The woods are full of critters that will set a dog off. Wouldn't these be the most likely?

Thinking that Bigfoot or Dogman is the root cause of every event probably isn't the best thing to have on your mind.

These creatures, if they exist, are rare and encounters with them are not a common occurrence.

Golf courses and deer usually do not co-exist very well. At times, golf courses eliminate pests. Canadian Geese is a good example. Perhaps checking with the grounds keepers will help to find answers. Golf courses have very special turf. Is there a 'chemical(s)' applied to the turf which is obnoxious to all things except grass at this time of the year?

The only substance I've seen being applied to the golf course is water:)  

2 policemen fishing in a nearby lake actually reported seeing a BF while they were fishing. Apparently the BF was watching them fish while the frightened policemen watched the Bigfoot.

We, every year, have Canadian geese stop by and feed on the golf course. I've taken pictures of them during their yearly visits coming and going.

Something inside the woods frightened and agitated our dog, but the past 2 or 3 days he has been calmer when he is outside on his lead, so whatever was agitating him has not been around. 

I'm very happy about that development.

I have no desire to see my beloved dog attacked, just seeing him upset is enough concern for me.

Anything that could attack him would have to cross the street, and walk through 2 yards, so I'm thinking the dog is safe at this time unless the barking "alerts" restart, and then he will not be allowed out front on his lead anymore. He can be inside the fenced dog-run and I'll keep an eye on him.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, A report was filed by the policemen. I think it was written up in our local paper IIRC. I think that is how I discovered it had occurred.

I believe the BF research group out of Kentucky handled the sighting report.

Susiq If something is agitating your dog why would it be a cryptid? The woods are full of critters that will set a dog off. Wouldn't these be the most likely?

Thinking that Bigfoot or Dogman is the root cause of every event probably isn't the best thing to have on your mind.

These creatures, if they exist, are rare and encounters with them are not a common occurrence.

I was thinking wolves or coyotes, but I've not heard any howls, so it could have been anything happening that kept the deer away for a while, but now they are back, and it is a pleasure to see them crossing the street and grazing on the golf-course again. They were missing for a couple or more months I think.

I listen up for deer in yards, I followed up one instance. The neighbouring woodland turned out to be "squatchy" but inconclusively so. Couple of twist/breaks that were on not quite large enough branches or enough rotation that it couldn't have been bucks, tangling/develveting their antlers on. There was also a slab of rock the size of a dining table and about 18" thick, several hundred pounds, that something had disturbed, lifted and dropped. Other than that and a couple of ho-hum structurey possibilities there wasn't a smoking gun.

There is plenty of wooded coverage around this area where we live to hide a BF group, but I do not think that we have any in this immediate area.

I am not concerned, especially with our small deer herd back to eating in our backyard, and crossing the street from the woods that are behind the houses across the street from us.

I think we are a BF free area:) I hope we stay that way.

Plus 1 Flashman 2.0

Edited by SweetSusiq

I was thinking wolves or coyotes, but I've not heard any howls, so it could have been anything happening that kept the deer away for a while, but now they are back, and it is a pleasure to see them crossing the street and grazing on the golf-course again. They were missing for a couple or more months I think.

Susi if it makes you feel any better we don't have wolves in Ky and our resident coyote population rarely preys on adult deer. They hurt the deer numbers by eating the newborn fawns, not by eating the adult deer.

North and south of my city, the coyotes are so different that I wonder if they're not two species. Southern ones are mangy misbegottern cur-ish ones, looking half starved. They're reddish brownish, only seem to have body bulk of midsized dog. They definitely run in packs, hear many voices when they're sounding off at night. Seen them trotting along with a dead rabbit. Tracks are in the 3" by 2" range. Can't imagine them taking deer.

The coyote I've seen at the North end, much more impressive beast, bigger and stockier, I've only seen zoo wolves, but I'd say it was halfway between a 'yote and a wolf. Leaves 4.5" x 3" tracks. Grey healthy looking coat. You might have thought it was a wolf when I saw it, standing on a bank, surveying it's domain, lankier legs and tail held low were pure coyote though. This fella miiight be close to record size I guess. I've found deer I think he's taken, apparently by himself probably yearling size, smaller end of whitetail size, but seemingly not too far off his own bulk. He likes fruit, found his poop full of cherry pits, deer hair and mouse skulls before. I have heard "him" only once, and he seemed to be calling alone, but answered by other scattered coyotes spread out. Seems pretty unlikely he's a coywolf, think the nearest wolves are many miles from here.

Actually turns out there's wolves closer than I thought, maybe is a coywolf. Calls more like a coyote I think, yip yip woooo, thought wolves were deeper in the barky parts.

Nah, I've seen 'big coyotes', they tend toward tannish-grey color, big as a large German Shepard. No wolves for 1000 miles. The skanky ones might be fox. They can get pretty skanky also.

Guest thermalman

A buddy of mine shot this wolf just before Christmas 2014. He didn't keep the pelt as the animal had mange. He sent the head in for mounting and measurements.

post-18306-0-11972600-1422655918.jpgpost-18306-0-22199600-1422655962.jpgpost-18306-0-53737900-1422655975_thumb.jpost-18306-0-25708700-1422655939_thumb.j

Guest thermalman

They are high in numbers and the deer population is low in numbers, so the Dept. of Natural Resources declared open season on them for a time.

Edited by thermalman

• masterbarber unpinned this topic