Sasquatch Chronicles- Question For Listeners!

SSR Team

Ape Canyon off the top of my head, I've read a fair few more over time.

Ape Canyon BF was shot, that was revenge. Thats exactly what I mean, the story was overkill. (Unless the BF was shot at, or someone shot a BF in that area recently)

So Sasquatch Chronicles is going the route of paid content. I will not be paying just for the opportunity to wonder if I am listening to an actual encounter or a story. Living off a fixed income doesn't allow me to spend money for websites - yes BFF also - sorry. I seem to remember the hosts of SC criticizing folks for being in the BF field "for the money." Gumshoeye, that story reminds me of the time I took a van full of 8th grade girls and boys to our area haunted house attractions. The clash of overkill aroma emanating for those young teens just overwhelmed me.

• Upvote 1

So there's Scott Carpenter AKA Joe Black... and now there's another Joe Black? Or is it Scott Carpenter?

I'm confused.

Say what now?

Mr black is a madeup codename for what will jevning said is a ex government or ex military person that gives them information

Thanks Beer Hunter, I am glad you enjoyed the story.

So there's Scott Carpenter AKA Joe Black... and now there's another Joe Black? Or is it Scott Carpenter?

I'm confused.

:-)

^Good points, beer hunter.

"Joe Black" used to be what Scott Carpenter went by, I think. "Mr. Black" is a made up name for an unidentified government connection of the SC guys, as I understand it. Not the same at all.

Edited by JKH

BF tonight was a great show, not sure if that one host is still alive, he had serious medical issues. Can't really blame Sas Chron for going for the $, I think some AM station may have even picked them up. They went for the dramatic, and it payed off, more or less. But, Minn BF was also a good show, and there are others out there. I've heard several guests on different shows, stories stay, more or less the same. They must have a load of people coming forward with encounters to go the pay rout after the free rout.

Anyone here doing the pay rout for chronicles? How do you like it so far?

Sasquatch Chronicles are one of the better radio shows going on in my opinion. Some of them that I listened to are no different than listening to "I Love Lucy" or something. I cannot handle a slap stick comedy hour when I am trying to listen to their message. I think if people are comfortable with the host they are more apt to speak up, and especially with the idea of anonymity.  

• 3 weeks later...
SSR Team

Got to recover this one wag, hope you don't mind.

So, we've got Sasquatches in the UK as far as the show with Shannon goes..

Where to start ?

I am going to wait and see how this turns out before I commit my green back. I will say this though; it is one of the best one’s going on right now even if you cannot no longer get all of it free gratis.  Some of the other programs still think slap stick comedy during the show is what people want to listen to.

Edited by Gumshoeye

SSR Team

I don't listen to any others whatsoever gumshoe, but it BADLY let itself down running with that show.

I didn’t hear so I’ll go listen to it, now that I shut off the football game. Off topic a moment, I left you a message on the premium side regarding earthquakes and BF activity … any increase in activity /movement?

I'm currently paying for SC content on a monthly basis, $7.00 per. Been listening to the show for about a year and by-and-large enjoy most every episode. Like anything else you need to keep your BS filter operational. What attracted me initially was finding out that Wes and Woody were the brothers surrounded in their truck on Yacolt Mountain. I'd read that report several months earlier and it was one of those that made my hair stand on end.

Their reason for monetizing the show is that it has become immensely popular and was simply taking too much time to produce. These guys are all working people with lives to live, and what with finding guests, dealing with email, etc., it was becoming a headache. The main podcast is still available free of charge but they are adding a great deal of other material and, other than some growing pains that go with the territory of beginning a new website from scratch, it is going well IMHO.

I've never met any of these folks personally but they all come off as straight forward and honest and I don't believe they would ever deliberately put out any information that they didn't believe to be true, i.e., Mr. Black. I don't know to what extent they vet their guests. 

Hello Airdale, It’s good to chat with again and thanks for your assessment on SC. I enjoyed listening to it on podcast and I agree with you, I think those guys and the gal are some pretty decent people too.