Sasquatch Chronicles- Question For Listeners!

SSR Team

I've never met any of these folks personally but they all come off as straight forward and honest and I don't believe they would ever deliberately put out any information that they didn't believe to be true

I agree in the main Airdale and I am a fan of the show no doubt, but they have just done a one hour show on British Bigfoot which is just absurd.

That disappointed me to be honest especially as the young lady doing the show tried to justify it by reciting the first paragraph of a Wikipedia page which, had she had delved a little further into things and actually researched properly, she would have realised that it just simply is not feasible whatsoever due to so many things but lack of habitat being the biggest.

Never mind, the show overall is still the best there is.

SSR Team

Had she delved in to it more, she would have found that the UK has only 140,000 acres of forest that is classed as "ancient woodland" which pre dates the year 1600.

The rest is new and even our largest forest in England ( Kielder ) is man made, it's imported for timber purposes.

Anyway, that's140,000 acres of what you Guys would call old growth, spread across 60m acres with a 70m population.

To put that in to perspective, that's 0.002% of forest which pre dates 1600 across this land.

There is no woodland in Britain that has not been profoundly affected by human intervention.

I have put this to "UK Bigfooters" on many occasions and either they go completely silent on me or I get blocked.

That of course says everything about it.

I think they were grossly wrong to run with this show if they are to be attempting to be considered a legitimate, "non out-there", level headed radio show that attempts to make people more receptive to the reality of this subject.

^^^^^

Yeah it does make you scratch your head and wonder where that is even possible ...  As an island with nowhere to run or hide figuratively speaking it seems outrageously indefensible considering it as a land locked country surrounded by water on all sides doesn’t it?

Edited by Gumshoeye

SSR Team

And an Island in which Texas is nearly 3 x larger than it and that has 70m people on it.

Knowledge is power..;)

Guest Stan Norton

Had she delved in to it more, she would have found that the UK has only 140,000 acres of forest that is classed as "ancient woodland" which pre dates the year 1600.

The rest is new and even our largest forest in England ( Kielder ) is man made, it's imported for timber purposes.

Anyway, that's140,000 acres of what you Guys would call old growth, spread across 60m acres with a 70m population.

To put that in to perspective, that's 0.002% of forest which pre dates 1600 across this land.

There is no woodland in Britain that has not been profoundly affected by human intervention.

I have put this to "UK Bigfooters" on many occasions and either they go completely silent on me or I get blocked.

That of course says everything about it.

I think they were grossly wrong to run with this show if they are to be attempting to be considered a legitimate, "non out-there", level headed radio show that attempts to make people more receptive to the reality of this subject.

Indeed. All anyone needs to do is read The History of the Countryside by Oliver Rackham to get an exceptional biography of the British landscape over 10,000 years. But then again, to expect any proponent of a British bigfoot to have researched to any degree would be a step too far...just silliness in the extreme and to give the topic airspace was a shame for an otherwise-okay show.

It's something that wasn't even on my radar until that alleged audio recording surfaced a few weeks ago, posted if I'm not mistaken, by one Adam Bird. I have to bow to resident knowledge from you folks who call Britannia home.

Coincidentally, last night's "Finding Bigfoot" took our redoubtable foursome across the pond and one of the people they met with was Adam Bird and his father. I enjoyed the episode primarily for the seemingly tongue in cheek way it was produced and the beautiful scenery of Loch Ness and the Cairngorm Mountains. Felt a bit sorry for Bobo as he was beset by chiggers while wearing the kilt during a night investigation, evidently in the time honored way sans Fruit of the Looms. Those folks really need to add insect repellent to their kit.

According to Finding BF show, these sightings have been cropping up 'in the last few years''. To my knowledge, there is no history of BF sightings in Britain, and the witnesses seemed to be describing huge, 9ft tall BF, in otherwords, PNC bigfoots, not a smaller version you would expect to find on an island with limited resources, and not the rugged mountains that make the BF grow so large. The grey man might be a different thing, not a BF type creature, just a 'cloud' vision or something. Yea, I could not watch the Britain show, but apparently they are running out of places to go. They could go to Russia etc for some Alma action. Amazingly this is the 6th season and another one next year. Getting hard to watch though.

Guest Stan Norton

I have it on good authority that Royal Marines and the SBS swear by Avon 'skin so soft' moisturiser rather than insect repellent when out in the Scottish uplands..it comes in a pink bottle too!

SSR Team

It's something that wasn't even on my radar until that alleged audio recording surfaced a few weeks ago, posted if I'm not mistaken, by one Adam Bird. I have to bow to resident knowledge from you folks who call Britannia home.

Coincidentally, last night's "Finding Bigfoot" took our redoubtable foursome across the pond and one of the people they met with was Adam Bird and his father..

Yeah I've had dialogue with this Guy before, no need to again as with all due respect, I have him as either an absolute lunatic or just a lunatic.

I weighed in on the Sas Chronicles cash for chat debate on the BF beheadings thread....

As for the UK stuff. I see that Cliff Barackman is 'open' to the idea because he received a good sighting report from the Cairngorms upon his return from the UK. He's hopefully going to pass the details on so I can waste my time investigating this nonsense....

I have it on good authority that Royal Marines and the SBS swear by Avon 'skin so soft' moisturiser rather than insect repellent when out in the Scottish uplands..it comes in a pink bottle too!

They're not going to be wearing the kilt on field maneuver either!

SSR Team

As for the UK stuff. I see that Cliff Barackman is 'open' to the idea because he received a good sighting report from the Cairngorms upon his return from the UK...

Wow.

Seems to me that something should have survived in Northern Europe if it has in

other places, and we all know they can swim great distances, well at least as in

the Rhettman Mullis story. Is it possible a few made their way to the British Isles

or Scandinavia? Perhaps it is not that huge of a reach...but I wouldn't bet my crumpets

on it...

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest mariner

Seems to me that something should have survived in Northern Europe if it has in

other places, and we all know they can swim great distances, well at least as in

the Rhettman Mullis story. Is it possible a few made their way to the British Isles

or Scandinavia? Perhaps it is not that huge of a reach...but I wouldn't bet my crumpets

on it...

If there are any creatures in the UK, they likely walked across what is now the water between UK and France. It was some 20,000 years ago (maybe more) that the last ice age passed and the sea levels rose and covered ground that was previously exposed for travel.

That's my thoughts anyway, I doubt that anything swam the channel to get to Britain - though it isn't  impossible. Maybe a few hundred years ago but certainly not recently - far too much maritime traffic.

Thanks

SSR Team

. Is it possible a few made their way to the British Islesor Scandinavia? Perhaps it is not that huge of a reach....

Scandinavia is very different to the UK where habitat is concerned and with it's proximity to Russia.

Key thing to all of this UK nonsense is the fact that we have only 140,000 acres of forest, spread across all of the UK, that pre dates 1600.

There is no habitat for undiscovered large primates that need to number in the hundreds in order to sustain a healthy, breeding population, in the UK.

But so many seem to ignore that part of things.