Bigfoot Watching Kids – Benevolent Or Malevolent Acts?

Are you serious MBH? I cannot tell if you’re being humorous or serious, so I will presume you are serious. Personally I wouldn’t do that and hope others don’t do it either, if they were to something as result of that it would probably traumatize them all their lives. When I experienced this thing, all I felt was utter hatred and a dark sense of foreboding unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before or since.  It was from “it,†not me to it I can assure you.   

OMG, You have never told us about anything like this happening to you! When did this happen? Do you think it intended to kill you? Yikes Thrice!!!

How did you escape it?

Doc and Gum.  I have talked to people in the area of Land Between the Lakes, and some of them believe that a program to eradicate one or more "bad" BF's occurred in years past-probably in the 1980's.  I have seen what appear to be concrete bunkers there supposedly used by the eradicators(believed to be military), but have no proof that they were in fact used for that.  I'm sure most of you are familiar with the "Beast of LBL", and the family that was supposedly slaughtered at LBL in the early 80's. 

If the military (Special Ops) was involved we'll never know about it.

They could come in, take out whatever they wanted to take, and we the public would never know it. Problem solved. YIKES!

^^^^

This past summer and I have been out to the site once since that time a few months later. The feeling was so oppressive, I am not sure if I’ll ever return.  There is something to be said about a person, a pretty open minded individual, who has worked his whole adult life serving others and in control of all sorts of situations but in this instance it was complete utter helplessness beyond one’s control. Vulnerable and weak are words that readily come to mind, and all of that in complete opposition to my general character. It’s real, it’s unearthly and instinctually my feeling was its’ not good. Something strange beyond words, I have nothing more to say about it, and I am sure many will understand.  

Edited by Gumshoeye

^^^

Thanks for sharing at that.  It gives a clearer perspective of where you're coming from.   

What's your ultimate goal?   There is no point in educating people unless you are educating them towards a specific action.  How does the action achieve the goal?   Want to "tabletop exercise" this?

MIB

Edited by MIB

Depends on the bigfoot.  Depends on the day.  Depends on the circumstances.

Bigfoot are not universally benign or universally malevolent.  They have personalities, each, individually.

From personal observation, they are the next thing to human.  They are smart, and very capable of weighing risk vs reward.

So let's say you've got a rogue male bigfoot.  One that has been on the losing end of a competition for position within its group and has set out on his own rather than submit to the dominant male.  One with a bad attitude to begin with and not much respect for humans either. 

Normally, a group of bigfoot, within their own range will attempt to live in harmony with humans occupying the area.  They do their best to remain unseen, unnoticed, and are rewarded by the food items they can pilfer, living near fringe habitat that attracts prey species, etc.  They are smart enough to know that if they start preying on children consistently, they will eventually be driven from the area by search parties, increased human vigilance, etc.  They've likely learned this from experience as a culture.  Same thing applies to humans camping close to a bigfoot group's, home ground.  If they prey on a human there, they will be driven from a well established home area.  Risk vs reward.  Besides, camping humans discard plenty of food, so why mess with a food source of higher value?

But the itinerant male with the bad attitude?  He's got little to lose.  He's not planning on sticking around anyway.  He's out for himself, looking for a group he can take over, or a female he can take from an existing group.  He passes through a human community, and prey is prey.  Low risk, high reward.  And if he is motivated by curiosity, he gets to satisfy his curiosity on a more intimate level than simply hanging out in the woods, grinning at playing children and restricting himself to only wondering what they might taste like.

Yeah, there are benign, even good Samaritan, bigfoot out there.  But you don't know which one is which.  And it still comes down to risk vs reward.  A bigfoot that might pass up an opportunity to prey on a human child one day, may choose not to on another day under other circumstances.

There's nothing mystical about bigfoot.  You just have to look at their life from their perspective and think through their motivations.  Same thing you do naturally with the people you know on a daily basis.

Read http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/cowman.htm.  Look at it from the perspective of an itinerant male involved in an escalating one-upsmanship competition with the father of a family living in an isolated area.  With each action it takes, consider its motivation at the time.  I don't know if this story is real or not.  I can't verify it.  But it is internally consistent from a behavioral perspective.

• Upvote 2

^^^^^

In my opinion there is no sparkling silver lining to this other than doing what I am doing. I cannot judge it by something I did not see or feel, I can only relate to my experience. Now I am neither a prude nor naïve in the ways of life but there is something unhealthy about this creature that affects our mind in some way that I cannot describe in a literal sense. Until it was seen it could have been anything. There was no mystery about my motives. After giving it much thought I wondered if anyone would connect the dots from thread to thread with specific titles I designed to express what I felt, and to gauge the sentiment of forum viewers measuring against my own experience. I have no goals per se, though I would caution people against turning a blind eye to these things and letting their guard down. It’s a mind-boggling view of the awful scope of this mystery. Other's will and can have other experiences (and thank you JDL for sharing some input) but, I have articulated what I have experienced to the best of my limited abilities for the benefit of the readers.

Depends on the bigfoot.  Depends on the day.  Depends on the circumstances.

Bigfoot are not universally benign or universally malevolent.  They have personalities, each, individually.

From personal observation, they are the next thing to human.  They are smart, and very capable of weighing risk vs reward.

So let's say you've got a rogue male bigfoot.  One that has been on the losing end of a competition for position within its group and has set out on his own rather than submit to the dominant male.  One with a bad attitude to begin with and not much respect for humans either. 

Normally, a group of bigfoot, within their own range will attempt to live in harmony with humans occupying the area.  They do their best to remain unseen, unnoticed, and are rewarded by the food items they can pilfer, living near fringe habitat that attracts prey species, etc.  They are smart enough to know that if they start preying on children consistently, they will eventually be driven from the area by search parties, increased human vigilance, etc.  They've likely learned this from experience as a culture.  Same thing applies to humans camping close to a bigfoot group's, home ground.  If they prey on a human there, they will be driven from a well established home area.  Risk vs reward.  Besides, camping humans discard plenty of food, so why mess with a food source of higher value?

But the itinerant male with the bad attitude?  He's got little to lose.  He's not planning on sticking around anyway.  He's out for himself, looking for a group he can take over, or a female he can take from an existing group.  He passes through a human community, and prey is prey.  Low risk, high reward.  And if he is motivated by curiosity, he gets to satisfy his curiosity on a more intimate level than simply hanging out in the woods, grinning at playing children and restricting himself to only wondering what they might taste like.

Yeah, there are benign, even good Samaritan, bigfoot out there.  But you don't know which one is which.  And it still comes down to risk vs reward.  A bigfoot that might pass up an opportunity to prey on a human child one day, may choose not to on another day under other circumstances.

There's nothing mystical about bigfoot.  You just have to look at their life from their perspective and think through their motivations.  Same thing you do naturally with the people you know on a daily basis.

Read http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/cowman.htm.  Look at it from the perspective of an itinerant male involved in an escalating one-upsmanship competition with the father of a family living in an isolated area.  With each action it takes, consider its motivation at the time.  I don't know if this story is real or not.  I can't verify it.  But it is internally consistent from a behavioral perspective.

Exceptional post JDL, I read it a couple times thank you!

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest lightheart

Great post JDL.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. For the most part they seem to know that it is in their interest to remain hidden and will do nothing intentionally that allows them to be seen.

I also agree that some rogue males can be dangerous under the right circumstances. I suspect that they can all be testy if you are too close to a bedding area, their children, a food or water source they depend upon. They may get testier as they grow older and perhaps arthritic. Had a little experience with that. Ultimately posed no danger but she was not happy with me we could say....

Plussed

Gumshoe I have been suspecting that this was about a possible encounter you may have had. Sorry your experience was so negative. It has obviously really colored your perceptions of them, understandably so. Sometimes sharing a traumatic experience will help a bit. Hope it does.... Were you able to visually to identify a type? If you don't want to say more it is ok....

Edited by lightheart

Good post JDL. I agree with your position and the concept that BF approach situations like we and other primates do, I'm just sure about whether BF have the same ability to foresee the long effects of their actions, particularly as they pertain to interacting with humans. I'm more in the camp that they're driven by short term gratification than having long term plans or strategies for dealing with humans. They may be able to plan ahead to a certain extent but nothing really drawn out.

I believe the evidence shows this to be the case otherwise we'd see more tool use and building of permanent structures or modification of their environment. Based on observing our example alone, you'd expect an creature capable of long term planning to create or "borrow" tools and create structures that are more weather proof. Camp intruders normally focus on the food, not the gear. Although it could be argued that BF travel nearly continuously or don't advertise they're presence by creating camouflaged shelters but this doesn't explain why more elaborate structures wouldn't be observed in areas nearly devoid of human activity.

Still, there are very few reports, definitely nothing consistent, of tool use or even carrying things resembling tools.

Edited by Enkidu

Still, there are very few reports, definitely nothing consistent, of tool use or even carrying things resembling tools.

That post contained some interesting ideas, but at the risk of going further off-topic, I believe this last point may be a misconception. While not too common, there are many reports of such. Here's an older thread discussing tools.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/46494-rudimentary-tool-use/?hl=tool

A recent report of BF deerhunting with large rock.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=45296

• Upvote 1

Took use probably isn't the best measure of intelligence for a squatch. Tools serve the purpose of extending or magnifying one's inherent physical capabilities. A squatch's inherent physical capabilities obviate the need for many of the tools we find necessary.

• Upvote 1

Hello and thanks guys for the past few posts. If you don’t mind I would like to jump in here and ask JDL, if you know of other reports Bigfoot reports suggesting tools or other items of modern conveyances that we would find unbelievable? I came across a report last week in BFRO or some other Canadian database reporting some people that say they encountered four very large bipedals of which a couple were wearing deer skin draped over them like we would expect of early primitive man. The witnesses described a creature very similar to what is commonly described as Bigfoot.

Edited by Gumshoeye

My point about tool use was not meant to quantify intelligence but was meant to question BFs ability to make abstract, long term plans. I also mentioned a lack of substantial shelter construction as another measure of limited long term thinking. They don't appear to borrow building materials or sheltering concepts, but seem to carryover primitive ape nesting techniques. Granted, this may be because they just not as whimpy as we are, with all that body hair and leathery skin, but most animals prefer shelter to exposure, particularly in inclement weather, and will readily relocate to better shelter when available. Because they don't build complex shelter, whether from natural or borrowed materials, points to an inability to make that leap in logic that is necessary to do so.

Again, it is my belief that BF are much more focused on immediate gratification than long term pay off. That doesn't mean they aren't intelligent, just not as intelligent as the average adult human; maybe more akin to human children, which many of our ape cousins approximate.

As this applies to observing human children at play, a BF, I believe, wouldn't be thinking of the long term consequences of grabbing a human child, but only the satisfaction of some immediate need (ie. loneliness, curiosity, hunger, etc.).

Gumshoeye, the title of one of your threads was about bigfoot and extreme giants. So did you see one that was larger than the usual sizes that are reported. You also had a thread about fire, weapons and tool use.  Can you or will you share some of what happened to you, or explain a little on the titles of the threads you started ?