Campsite Destroyed

Guest diana swampbooger

How about I do a week lone star trail and you spend a week in the backcounty of yellowstone (which I did from the 3rd till the 10th of this month). I was with one other person and I'd grant you the same.

Just listened to Dogman Encounters Ep:52. I want to go there, got to buy a .50 Desert Eagle & understand it's necessary to aim at the groin. Gators & sharks don't give you that high.

Guest diana swampbooger

Please, it could be very nice if you would explain why as I'm still trying to understand the rules, chelefoot.

So until someone can find Hardin County's 911 policy on record purges, it's unrealistic to cite the lack of a 911 call record as "proof" this never happened.

At what point do you start asking for proof that it did happen? Is it just more fun to believe?

• Upvote 2

Guest ChasingRabbits

Nice read font.

You mentioned a psych issue with the hypothetical patient, hence 72 psych hold.

The time I mentioned in my post was 2 weeks. 2 weeks would be 336 hours, not 72.

B.G. had a full year to request those 911 records as proof that he had called in a report. Wonder why he didn't do that? My guess is that no call was made but, that's just a guess based on the lack of any other corroborating proof.

I agree with you. And I've mentioned that before in previous posts that Garrett's mistake was not following up and not leaving a paper trail.

But if Hardin county purges their 911 calls, then the lack of a 911 call record can't be used to debunk or support his claims.

Again, giant red font notwithstanding, feel free to believe the guy but at least acknowledge that you choose to do so in the absence of any evidence.

I have to use the giant red font because in my previous posts in this thread,  people have difficulties reading my posts when I do not.

Edited by ChasingRabbits

Guest ChasingRabbits

At what point do you start asking for proof that it did happen? Is it just more fun to believe?

I think Garrett found a "torn up camp" and I think Garrett believes a Big Foot did it. But that's all. Lots of stuff doesn't make sense to me with this, including but not limited to

1. Garrett is a BF researcher, why would he try a hoax when the BF field is highly scrutinized by skeptics and proponents alike? The fraud will eventually be uncovered so what little "gain" he had will be lost and then some.

2. Why didn't Garrett follow up and leave a paper trail? I deal with the Federal government and I leave as huge a paper trail as possible, including communicating with them via certified letters and writing follow-up letters to telephone conversations (also sent certified mail) and cc-ing all letters to the Assistant Secretaries and the Secretary of the Department themselves. If Garrett is naive enough to believe the government is our friend and only there to help us citizen-taxpayers and do what's right for us, then he's big idiot who got what he deserves. The government does what's in its best interest and if the citizen-taxpayers benefit fine, if not, too bad.

3. If the government is harassing him, why over  Big Foot? I can totally see them putting Garrett under surveillance if they thought he was a drug trafficker or a human trafficker---he is in Texas after all nearer to the Mexican border than if he were in Minnesota.

What I find interesting is this "you're either with us or against us" attitude here. That doesn't encourage discussion: that encourages quarrelling.

Saying that Garrett would not hoax something because he's a researcher, based on the history of the field, is just silly. Countless researchers have hoaxed, the reason I most often hear is that this: "I believe he (the researcher in question) saw something and then tried to capture that on film for years. When he (again the researcher in question) couldn't capture anything on film he eventually became frustrated and decided to hoax"

The paper trail thing could very well be naivete but for the fact that he claims that he's been harassed by government types. The Squatchers Lounge Podcast guys reported on the claims of B.G. and specifically said that B.G. should have an attorney write a few letters to back the governement off. Not an prohibitively expensive thing. 

Anyway, again, since there is no evidence to back up the B.G. story we are left parsing this minutia and attempting to guess why seemingly obvious steps were not taken.

Edited by chelefoot
Removed quote of the previous post above

Guest ChasingRabbits

Again based upon the amount of scrutiny in the BF field by debunkers and proponents, it doesn't make sense for a researcher to pull a hoax, imo.  The probability is too high the fraud is discovered and any type of credibility once had is gone for good.

I think Garrett believes a Big Foot did it. I'm not qualified to form a meaningful opinion on his belief because 1. I wasn't there, 2. I've never been good at seeing things in photos or videos, and 3. I don't have any experience with Big Foot outside of reading accounts in books.

Again, it could be Garrett is naive and thinks the government is good, always does what's best for the citizen-taxpayer and never, ever engages in anything that could be adverse to the citizen-taxpayer. And maybe that's why he didn't leave a paper trail.

But if it were me, i'd have left a huge paper trail. HUGE. Leaving a paper trail makes it easier for the OIG to initiate an investigation and the documentation is CYA for you. Not just writing letters but also documenting in detail the harassment (including logging the day, time, location and what happened during the harassment, taking photos of the people and their vehicles, etc.) AND I would be very wary of keeping any of that information on a computer that's hooked up to the Internet. 

An attorney would do the same thing: write letters, write follow-up letters to those letters, write follow up letters to telephone conversations, etc. Hiring an attorney to write letters is a waste of money. Besides once an attorney sees that the amount of work he's doing is not commensurate with the fee you are paying, he'll drop your butt as a client. Same thing goes if you can't continue to pay the fees: you'll be dropped as a client. The only time an attorney is useful is if you need to go to court.

Edited by ChasingRabbits

For me, the bottom line is anyone making claims they want to believe is responsible for the "convincing". I won't always say they're full of BS, but I won't buy any and everything. It's not my job to disprove anything. Conversely, unless they are specifically trying to convince me, they have no responsibility to explain anything.

That said, in a situation like this where there is a ton of claimed legal action, there would be paperwork. Cease and desist orders, search warrants, seizure warrants, any other judicial document or order, police reports, 911 recordings and logs, missing persons reports, news accounts, family or friend statement, etc. There would have been numerous LE offices and agencies involved. If there is constant highway patrol/traffic stop harassment of numerous people as claimed, there would be tickets or written warnings. Those stops would also be logged by the dispatcher as well as a log of any license plate or drivers license run in TCIC and NCIC. I believe those systems even have they're own recording mechanism. Has BG filed a written complaint with any agency? In my career, it's always been understood that talk is cheap. If someone is serious with a complaint, they can take the time to write a quick letter.

I've not heard of one single document or corroborating statement made in support of the story. Not the slightest thing. Only a story, which has changed, and a couple of videos. And these videos show absolutely nothing to corroborate the story to many people, though it does to some. The story changes could be due to the stated reason,as in BG learned additional info from interrogators (which indicates a really bad interviewer by the way, not a high speed operator), but anytime the story changes, especially when it gets so much more dramatic(as in dead or missing people), it is suspect. We're also told the real good video is no longer available because it was forced down by Feds, stolen by Feds, etc.

I sound like a broken record. I'm also sure that someone here can tear apart any thing I've said as I may have missed something in these 70+ pages. Ultimately, this is what it boils down to for me. I can't say what happened and it's one heck of a juicy story. But, I can't buy it and won't without even the slightest most basic corroborating fact. I also believe that mere attention is a plenty good motivator for people. It has been forever. Money is even better.

I'm out of plus votes again but this was just so well written and so spot on! Well done Johnny

Edited by chelefoot

Yes that reminded me of the time I spent on a kill floor at a packinghouse, the blood on the floor was like thick Jello, cut and cleared away with squeegees.

@Beerhunter - I have no expertise in serology but I guess it’s coagulates and heat combine that would cause that effect.

On another note, I never had a paid subscription to SC but enjoy listening to the program from time to time. I may or may not pay money to view this Missing 411 movie but I do have more than a few of these books and read them.  My recollection of earlier posts I recall saying if B.G’s claims were true it would take extraordinary amounts of resources meaning funding as well as logistical support and coordination to pull off what he claims as factual.

That said, it was announced a kick starter promotion to garner funding for a Missing 411 Movie has begun in earnest and one of the things I read and found a bit odd was a small passage under the Risks and Challenges section of that website.

As I read the information on that website and found three significant names familiar to me:  D. Paulides,  Les Stroud and Radio Talk Show host and investigative reporter and two time Peabody Award winner for journalism George Knapp and the paragraph below raises some red flags raise with me.  

Risks and challenges

“The Missing 411 Movie will face the typical challenges associated with producing a feature length film -- we expect anything from the NSA hacking us to acts of Xxx interfering with our shooting schedule. No need to fear! We are offsetting these risks with production insurance, contingency plans, and a production team with years of experience.â€

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1032329905/missing-411-the-movie

Edited by Gumshoeye

Again based upon the amount of scrutiny in the BF field by debunkers and proponents, it doesn't make sense for a researcher to pull a hoax, imo.  The probability is too high the fraud is discovered and any type of credibility once had is gone for good.

I think Garrett believes a Big Foot did it. I'm not qualified to form a meaningful opinion on his belief because 1. I wasn't there, 2. I've never been good at seeing things in photos or videos, and 3. I don't have any experience with Big Foot outside of reading accounts in books.

Again, it could be Garrett is naive and thinks the government is good, always does what's best for the citizen-taxpayer and never, ever engages in anything that could be adverse to the citizen-taxpayer. And maybe that's why he didn't leave a paper trail.

But if it were me, i'd have left a huge paper trail. HUGE. Leaving a paper trail makes it easier for the OIG to initiate an investigation and the documentation is CYA for you. Not just writing letters but also documenting in detail the harassment (including logging the day, time, location and what happened during the harassment, taking photos of the people and their vehicles, etc.) AND I would be very wary of keeping any of that information on a computer that's hooked up to the Internet. 

An attorney would do the same thing: write letters, write follow-up letters to those letters, write follow up letters to telephone conversations, etc. Hiring an attorney to write letters is a waste of money. Besides once an attorney sees that the amount of work he's doing is not commensurate with the fee you are paying, he'll drop your butt as a client. Same thing goes if you can't continue to pay the fees: you'll be dropped as a client. The only time an attorney is useful is if you need to go to court.

So, If I might ask; What do you think about Garrett's claims. I understand your points,btw, but I'm curious about how you feel about the plausibility of it all.

@Beerhunter - I have no expertise in serology but I guess it’s coagulates and heat combine that would cause that effect.

On another note, I never had a paid subscription to SC but enjoy listening to the program from time to time. I may or may not pay money to view this Missing 411 movie but I do have more than a few of these books and read them.  My recollection of earlier posts I recall saying if B.G’s claims were true it would take extraordinary amounts of resources meaning funding as well as logistical support and coordination to pull off what he claims as factual.

That said, it was announced a kick starter promotion to garner funding for a Missing 411 Movie has begun in earnest and one of the things I read and found a bit odd was a small passage under the Risks and Challenges section of that website.

As I read the information on that website and found three significant names familiar to me:  D. Paulides,  Les Stroud and Radio Talk Show host and investigative reporter and two time Peabody Award winner for journalism George Knapp and the paragraph below raises some red flags raise with me.  

Risks and challenges

“The Missing 411 Movie will face the typical challenges associated with producing a feature length film -- we expect anything from the NSA hacking us to acts of Xxx interfering with our shooting schedule. No need to fear! We are offsetting these risks with production insurance, contingency plans, and a production team with years of experience.â€

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1032329905/missing-411-the-movie

Gum,

I think you'd appreciate the review of Paulides done by The Squatchers Lounge fellows. The link is on the missing 411 thread.

Guest ChasingRabbits

So, If I might ask; What do you think about Garrett's claims. I understand your points,btw, but I'm curious about how you feel about the plausibility of it all.

I think he believes a Big Foot destroyed the camp.

As for the government harassment/surveillance, if it is occurring, I don't think it's Big Foot related because I wouldn't put it past the government in post 9-11 USA to monitor/investigate anyone who even remotely appears to be participating in "suspicious behavior" such as placing cameras in wooded areas, making frequent visits to remote areas, etc.  There's too much happening on a global-national scale that gives the government excuses to monitor citizens, especially the ones who act "suspiciously".

Edited by ChasingRabbits

Guest Divergent1

On the other hand, that red font DOES look like blood.

Edited by Divergent1