Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

I grew up on the East coast as well, and have been to several horse shows in Middle Island, Long Island.  It was rural in some areas so all I can say is "Never say never" because you may have to eat your own words.

My neighborhood had deer walking around an urban setting near Route 1 in Philly and it was not a big deal.  We just accepted them, the pheasants, rabbits, turtles, bob cats, skunks, opossums, and many more. 

There were horse stables close by my house, the woods were our playground, the creek was our water park, and so on.

Thanks for the message Sunflower. Just place in this in proper perspective, New York has twice the population at approximately 19-20 million people as Michigan, which is probably twice the size in geographical land mass than tiny New York. The idea there remains large wild tracts of undeveloped land just astounds me. While the notion that Bigfoot Sasquatch is reportedly encountered there boggles my mind but it must so, albeit more in decades past than in recent years.

That Brooklyn video is impressive. I notice bluejays scolding and maybe dogs barking. Perhaps your threads have been prescient, LCB, if these are legit. Hopefully these latest videographers will do some measurements.

I kind of am not so sure of the Brooklyn one, it seems like I can make out clothing and a face at one point, variation in the shading, unfortunately I have to call that one

unlikely, but the Florida Lettuce Lake Video is promising, longer arms and you can see it picking stuff up with its foot in the very beginning, a behavior I have heard of 

in some other reports from similar environs. Where I was cruising the roads recently was just north east of that area, my In Laws live near Tampa so I will be frequenting

several recent sighting areas soon, it is proving to be a hotspot of sorts, 100 miles or so north east and south of Tampa has tons of modern sightings, many of which are

daylight sightings! I am sure Parabreakdowns will get a hold of these and ThinkerThunker, we shall see what they can come up with.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

LCB, are you in Florida now? I was reading about some new cousin species of those python snakes that authorities are trying to eradicate. Are there areas of the everglades around the panhandle that are dry? J ust wondering.  

Speaking of Urbana Bigfoots, there had been two incidents of Sasquatch in the heart of the big “D†Detroit neighborhoods and I recall an incident in Florida, a smaller creature found its’ way inside a house in a subdivision where it helped itself to some birthday cake. There were kids outside at play, people coming and going, an otherwise routine subdivision with some development and a military base nearby and not exactly where you would expect to have an encounter.

The article states it was seen near Prospect Park Zoo - I suppose that's a wooded enough area ....

post-18000-0-26689100-1422799386.jpg

On second thought, no ....

post-18000-0-11364800-1422799425.jpg

Besides, the arms barely reach the waist and are skinny, and the subject of the film is walking very slowly.  

Edited to add: Sorry 'bout the size of the pictures - if there is a way to make them a more reasonable size, I'm all ears. 

Edited by Trogluddite

I based my analysis of the Prospect Park video strictly on my perception of what is there, I will do a little more research to see if there is 

any means, beside the subway for a creature to sneak into that area from without.  Or maybe they are using the sewers! wow what a concept!

^^

Not sure how the "what a concept" is intended, but its unlikely that Bigfoot is swimming Long Island sound and then finding a convenient sewage opening and navigating underground to the only wooded area in Brooklyn.  I've seen weird stuff on the subways (Amish hippies; spike-haired, kilt-earing ... somethings) but I'm pretty sure Bigfoot would get noticed. 

That would be kinda funny if a few family groups moved into Detroit.

I think it is unlikely now; a lot of the urban decay is quickly disappearing. Within the past couple of years the city has been cleaning up, and large corporations are investing mightily to sweep away the old and starting anew. A few short years ago, there were whole neighborhoods void of people with chest high weeds in vacant lots, stolen burned out vehicles sitting on the streets, alleys and vacant houses and buildings completely burned out. Imagine all the stray feral and wild animals running all over the place with hundreds of jungle looking lots with abandoned structures suitable for something looking for shelter and ample food sources.  Presently hundreds of these neighborhoods have been razed, gone are the houses and buildings and the few remaining people living on some of the streets have been encouraged to move into more populated neighborhoods and their former neighborhood is quickly becoming a vast green zone with gardens and trees.     

De-urbanization, that is not something you could have factored in 20 years ago, but who knows, these sprawling hunks of metal and concrete may not be as permanent

as some think, remove the jobs and you remove the people, then it all falls apart from there. I know that many small cities are being abandoned, and such places will be

overrun with wildlife in short order, nothing would discourage me from thinking a Sasquatch would be soon to follow in such areas whether they be large or small, just so long

as they can find a safe route to and from these areas. 

Prospect Park just seems to isolated from the greenways to be reachable, and I do not think survival is possible without freedom to move about, aside from the fact what 

I saw in the video did not seem to be other than a clothed human, and that is what I saw.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the Detroit update Gumshoeye, mentally I was seeing it as half abandoned and overgrown still. 

But yes, I see it as definitely possible that should any areas "de-urbanise" to a great enough extent that deer are actually living in there, as opposed to visiting backyards, and travelling greenways, then Sas will not be far behind.

Sometimes you've gotta get on the ground to see what ravines, culverts etc offer enough cover, they look wide open from an aerial shot, or very narrow, but get down to street level and you realise that they're quite deep cuts with densely scrubbed/wooded banks, that you have trouble finding a vantage point to see into much, when you're trying to do it deliberately. Our prospective primate seems to be able to move quick enough that a 10 mile in and out foray in the hours of darkness seems doable. I think there's a likelihood they are probing for new territory or food sources, or new routes, and they'll take these chances of wandering down what might be a dead end. What are the punyfoots gonna do, jump down in the ravine and say "Halt!" ?

edit: I'll say I'm continuously surprised by the places of that sort I can see deer and coyote tracks, in light snow, by gawping over bridges/overpasses in the middle of cities, if those "underequipped" critters can do it, albeit not be so very conscious about leaving sign, then I see no real argument against Sas doing it either... even if it's just to snack on those dumb deer that got themselves dead ended.

Edited by Flashman2.0

Thanks for the Detroit update Gumshoeye, mentally I was seeing it as half abandoned and overgrown still. 

But yes, I see it as definitely possible that should any areas "de-urbanise" to a great enough extent that deer are actually living in there, as opposed to visiting backyards, and travelling greenways, then Sas will not be far behind.

Sometimes you've gotta get on the ground to see what ravines, culverts etc offer enough cover, they look wide open from an aerial shot, or very narrow, but get down to street level and you realise that they're quite deep cuts with densely scrubbed/wooded banks, that you have trouble finding a vantage point to see into much, when you're trying to do it deliberately. Our prospective primate seems to be able to move quick enough that a 10 mile in and out foray in the hours of darkness seems doable. I think there's a likelihood they are probing for new territory or food sources, or new routes, and they'll take these chances of wandering down what might be a dead end. What are the punyfoots gonna do, jump down in the ravine and say "Halt!" ?

edit: I'll say I'm continuously surprised by the places of that sort I can see deer and coyote tracks, in light snow, by gawping over bridges/overpasses in the middle of cities, if those "underequipped" critters can do it, albeit not be so very conscious about leaving sign, then I see no real argument against Sas doing it either... even if it's just to snack on those dumb deer that got themselves dead ended.

Glad to add something to the discussion Flashman. Make no mistake, there are patches of the city that haven’t seen the bulldozers yet, but hundreds of structures have and everyone surrounding are all the happier. There are tire rings of suburban cities all around Detroit, and further out it becomes trees and suburbs and further out are agricultural fields, thick woods, marshes, lakes, state and federal parks.

I never seen a wild turkey in my life until they were seen around the railroad tracks, Coyotes, antlered deer clambering down cement sidewalks or running through yards or streets dodging traffic or scaring people at the Mc Donald’s drive-up isn’t a common sight but it occurs. Although no wolves have been spotted in Southeast Michigan, in years and in present time you can watch deer swimming across the narrows of the Detroit River from Canada.

These things I believe, habituate quite well on the fringes of modern day suburbia and around rural farmlands so why not in in the hardest hit of urban decay? They can find untold shelter in abandoned structures or abandoned trucks, food and water is plentiful. I mentioned an account where one these things scared a young employee taking some trash outside, at a rather upscale restaurant in a suburb around here. It was a rib house as I recall. The employee seen this large hairy gorilla rooting through some dumpsters, dropped his rubbish and ran back inside.

Edited by Gumshoeye

If coyotes are in cities in great number, can Bigfoot be far behind.  ESPN NY had some talking head from the MIami Zoo on this afternoon - he's apparently famous for a talk he does every Valentines Day called "Sex and Animals" - and he claimed that there are currently 1,000 coyotes with in the city limits of Chicago.  

I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure that Chicago is not an overly-expansive city that has a broad penumbra of the city beyond the actual core city that most people think of. He did not give a citation for the number, but he said it without hesitation and quite unequivocally. 

Our city limits encompass some natural 'yote territory, haven't developed right up to them yet, so saying we had 50 or so "in city limits" wouldn't surprise me... even though they have been seen actually "in the city" as it were.

• masterbarber locked this topic