Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

But speaking of dogs, I once had one,  big unruly mutt you understand, kept dragging out and scattering the trash every time my roommate (come to think of it, he was too...big and unruly I mean) would put it outside in the alley. Drove the landlord nuts because, really,  we weren't supposed to have a dog at all. See where this is goin'? But yeah, so I say to the dog, "If I catch you doing that, it is medical experiments for you for sure." He plays all innocent like. I hedge my bet. Went to the pawn shop of 2nd Ave. N. and bought an uninstalled car alarm. Big honking bruiser of a horn on that thing, would squeal like a Phi Mu after you would....well, never mind...anyway, I rigged that to a 500 w. Marantz power amp and the garbage can lid, and went to a double-feature. 

So....I come home late, sort of worse for wear if you get my meaning, expecting to see trash everywhere and the cops writing a ticket for public nuisance, and me ready to shave fido to better allow for invasive experimentation on vital organs...but no. All was quiet. Dangdest thing, and there you go. Just goes to show you, you know?  Covers this whole line of discussion pretty well too, I have to admit.

Edited to better impart just how, umm, true this was.

Edited by WSA

^^ I disagree. I think if a close-up, HD, unambiguous photo(s) of large bi-pedal primate were to be offered that it would generate a lot of discussion and acceptance even with people. I think the problem is that Bigfoot does not exist, therefore no such photos as I described are ever going to appear. So in an attempt to explain or deflect, we get comments like your Cotter:

But then again, if a real BF was photographed, it would, without a doubt, be dismissed b/c of stigma surrounding the subject.

The problem is not stigma, it is the lack of clear evidence. This absence of evidence is not explained by things like stigma, and shyness, and take-your-pic-of-special-pleading, it is more properly explained by there being no Bigfoot to begin with.

And because of your conclusion no squatch photo will ever be clear enough and no photographer will ever be honest enough.

Why is this so hard to admit???

The creature does not exist in your mind! So the better the photo? The better the hoax!!!

It's going to take a body! PERIOD!

I am kind of with cotter on this one in that a picture will no longer do, no matter how good, however I am not sure if it is the stigma surrounding subject that will make it not good enough or the whole cry wolf thing.  To many hoaxers, false reports and no one likes to be played as the fool. 

I fully admit that I could see the most amazing still photo of BF today and It would have no immediate affect on how I feel regarding the subject and IMO it's unfortunate it has come to that. 

With all the fakes anymore I need to see things validated and a photo is one of those things that is hard to be validated IMO and I don't underestimate what people are capable of especially when driven.

Edited by bigbear

How can you so easily say that it does not exist.. ?

Native americans were here long before us, and they have many stories and legends of the creatures. I think native americans kniw the difference between a bear and a bigfoot.

You get reports from RELIABLE people, that have no reason to lie, NITHING to gain by saying they saw a bigfoot. nothing to gain except ridicule.

People that had a CLEAR view of the animal, and they know it wasnt a bear. Bears dont walk on two feet for very long. THOUSANDS of reports describing the same thing. Something ive noticed that comes up alot is 'it crossed the road in two or three strides' Thats something that consistently comes up in sighting reports where a bf was seen crossing the road.

Come on dmaker, seriously. So youre saying EVERY SINGLE person is either lying or mistaken? It only takes ONE person to be telling the truth for bigfoot to be real. Come on bro .. Dont be so hard headed, at the least you could admit that its POSSIBLE BF exists, but you dont. You just say in one form or another that 'bigfoots not real, everyone that says they saw one is lying or mistaken,or hoaxed' If you believe so strongly its not real, well theres plenty of other forums..

There is nothing in anything that you just said that amounts to anything more than special pleading for Bigfoot. You did not mention one single piece of verifiable, scientific evidence.

^uh oh itsasquatch!

You done opened a can of worms there.

@dmaker - Do you feel there is a stigma surrounding the BF phenom?

When did i say i was going to present scientific verufiable evidence? I didnt.

So in your opinion dmaker , every single person that says they saw a Bigfoot is lying,mistaken,or hoaxed. every single one. Yes or no?

^uh oh itsasquatch!

You done opened a can of worms there.

@dmaker - Do you feel there is a stigma surrounding the BF phenom?

I do think there is a stigma, yes. It tends to have a ( not sure how to be polite about this enough to get my point across yet adhere to the general forum rules) redneck, uneducated, camos and beer bellies out on a snipe hunt kind of stigma. But that stigma, or at least aspects of it, are deserved when you have circus shows like Finding Bigfoot cavorting around on national TV spouting all kinds of made-up on the spot nonsense. 

Do I think that stigma could be dispelled? Absolutely. Part of the earned part of the stigma is the quality of the evidence presented. It's laughable. And instead of getting better evidence, people just make a bigger pile of the crap and wonder why the stigma doesn't go away, or why no one will take them seriously.

I forget who said it, but Bigfooters need to stop Squatchin'  and start researching. 

When did i say i was going to present scientific verufiable evidence? I didnt.

So in your opinion dmaker , every single person that says they saw a Bigfoot is lying,mistaken,or hoaxed. every single one. Yes or no?

Obviously, yes. Lying, mistaken, seeing things, etc, etc..

Edited by dmaker

Anyone who said, or buys, that last sentence - or much of what precedes it - has clearly not been paying much attention.

But isn't this the problem. 

This field is one extreme throwing invective at the other...except for that .0001% that is 100% of the seriousness:  scientists, without a hell of a lot of help from their buddies, gathering a truly impressive body of evidence, more than we have for most of what we accept as real.

Anytime anyone wants to, you know, start paying attention is fine with those of us in the know.

This thread is not to debate the existence of Bigfoot. It is to discuss why Bigfoot is not showing up on certain trail cams while all the other local large mammals do. While I am always up for a debate on existence, I don't think this thread is the place for it. There is a pinned thread somewhere else in the general section. I would happily meet anyone there, but let's try to stick to the topic here. So far we don't really have any stellar explanations for why Bigfeets are not showing up on these trail cams...

Guest Darrell

So far we don't really have any stellar explanations for why Bigfeets are not showing up on these trail cams...

I think we do have an obvious explanation why. It might not be a poplular one here but still valid.

Guest Darrell

So youre saying EVERY SINGLE person is either lying or mistaken? It only takes ONE person to be telling the truth for bigfoot to be real. 

I definatley think that yes, lying or mistaken. Until proven otherwise.

They do show up.

They get swept under the rug.

No i cant prove it.

But you cant prove that im wrong either. Thats it.

Must be a big rug to fit all them Bigfeets under it    ;)

Uh huh.

(I'm hazarding that's the proper response, not having read them.  I'm taking a bigfoot-skeptic approach to those posts, in other words.)

It seems the oddest thing I can imagine, really, to constantly press for proof proof proof while not having to deliver one scrapola of evidence for one's ...well, the polite term in Minnesota is "different" thesis.  Or even to think about what kind of wacky world that thesis would have to have as a prerequisite.  For one thing, I wouldn't be able to trust myself to get out of bed, much less do anything that came after.

Oh.

OK.

And Pooooo-LLLLEEEZE do not attempt to provide that old "it's on the proponents" canard again.  That is so many light years from understanding how scientific discussion works as to be in a completely different universe (and not one of which even Einstein or Hawking would conceive).  Thank you.

They do show up.

They get swept under the rug.

No i cant prove it.

But you cant prove that im wrong either. Thats it.

Sound logic. You have a bright Footer future ahead.

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic