Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

With this back and forth, I think we can all agree that if BF exists, they actively avoid camera traps, or are very lucky.

LOL, Operation Forest Vigil had 5 years and 40 cameras in their Bigfoot hotzone and bupkis. The first wolverines to return to Oregon were found after deploying 34 cameras. They found three in the first season. Both non-government private efforts, no Man to come shut you down when you find Bigfoots. 

http://www.opb.org/television/programs/ofg/segment/wolverines-found-in-oregon/

• Upvote 1

Yes, I see, I see that, yes, I see.  I see that, yes.

You two should apply for funding.  But you need a Third S, if you know what I mean.

I'm pretty sure that I have no idea what your post means.

I set up a trial cam in a very remote area of Ontario on a game trail between a huge marsh and a river.  This area sees no one during the year except us.  It's our fly-in hunt camp.  I left the camera up for almost three months.  Of course I was thinking it would be a good trail to capture a bf image but I couldn't tell the boys that.  Someone was talking groundhog here and you'll see I got a porcupine which isn't much bigger.  The funny thing here is one of the local black bears had it's scratching tree three feet in front of the camera unbeknownst  to me.  It was a small iron wood.  You'll see it knocked the camera off kilter and he's actually scratching his back while looking at the camera.  When he'd scratch its face would be inches away.  He finally ended up putting a tooth through it.  It's neat to see how some of the animals notice the camera is there.

One of the guys put this on UTube with a soundtrack of a song I wrote for the camp and that we recorded at the hunt camp after a bottle of really good scotch.  I'd suggest you just turn the volume off.  :-)

t.

p.s.  This location is probably very close to where Toejam has set up operations.  

Edited by Terry

Guest Urkelbot

I don't understand why anyone would believe there are Bigfoot in area x. They claim multiple encounters and Bigfoot actively messing with them but produce no physical or photographic evidence.

I don't understand why anyone would believe there are Bigfoot in area x. They claim multiple encounters and Bigfoot actively messing with them but produce no physical or photographic evidence.

So just because they can't put something in your hot little hands, there's nothing?

I'll take them over you; they are, after all, there.  Calling people liars certainly...well, as they say in Minnesota, "that's different."

This thread points up maybe better than any I've seen here the general level of public ignorance - particularly on the part of scientists - of the actual theory and practice of science.  It's a continuous defense of the indefensible.  How is the common-sense realization that land-management and wildlife-research schmoes have very very good reasons not to be seen as nuts by the uninformed evading people?

That's faith.

It ain't science.

I set up a trial cam in a very remote area of Ontario on a game trail between a huge marsh and a river.  This area sees no one during the year except us.  It's our fly-in hunt camp.  I left the camera up for almost three months.  Of course I was thinking it would be a good trail to capture a bf image but I couldn't tell the boys that.  Someone was talking groundhog here and you'll see I got a porcupine which isn't much bigger.  The funny thing here is one of the local black bears had it's scratching tree three feet in front of the camera unbeknownst  to me.  It was a small iron wood.  You'll see it knocked the camera off kilter and he's actually scratching his back while looking at the camera.  When he'd scratch its face would be inches away.  He finally ended up putting a tooth through it.  It's neat to see how some of the animals notice the camera is there.

One of the guys put this on UTube with a soundtrack of a song I wrote for the camp and that we recorded at the hunt camp after a bottle of really good scotch.  I'd suggest you just turn the volume off.  :-)

t.

p.s.  This location is probably very close to where Toejam has set up operations.  

Thanks for sharing that Terry. I love watching trail cam footage. That was pretty cool.

How is the common-sense realization that land-management and wildlife-research schmoes have very very good reasons not to be seen as nuts by the uninformed evading people?" DWA

How are you doing coming up with some actual evidence to support this claim? Or, again, by common sense you mean, please just take my word for it?

"Wheres that patty suit bombshell at"

Think you might want to change that record, sounds broken. Not to mention way OT, with many grammatical errors to boot...but continue if that is your only reply to being shown their is no such thing as BF.

I can have good grammar when i please..im posting off a cell phone.. Thanks though 'denialist' nice name bud

Edited by ItsAsquatch

Cascades Carnivore Connectivity Project North Cascades study area with 2011 season results for black bears. Every dot is a remote camera station, orange is where individuals were identified with non-invasive harvested DNA...

Bigbfmap3.jpg

Again the BFRO Washington map for comparison...

Bigbfmap.jpg

Just between the CCCP and the GP Task Force, the have the Cascades all through Washington extensively monitored in key wildlife areas for activity. This does not include the networks in the Olympic Peninsula or the Columbia Highlands by Conservation Northwest who have hundreds of cameras out and at it for over ten years.

Well DWA, you seem to be impressed by NAWAC's efforts, if they continue on this same path and still find no BF, what will the new excuse become?  If in 10 years they do not collect the proof they are seeking, will you then change your mind?

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic