Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

I'll have to thread mine to find where I asked the question and Bipto answered it. But it is much longer than the 3 years that you are claiming. There have been 3 operation names, at least, that I can think of. 

I am completely uninterested in what they claim to see. I'm interested in what they can prove with evidence. And to date, that is nothing.

...since mid-2011 (Endurance).

Good luck.  You could just look this up, ya know.

They are completely uninterested in what you think, as am I.  I go with common sense and evidence, and I pay attention.

If I had so much as seen one, I'd laugh harder at skeptics than I do.  I'm astonished I don't see more of that from people who have even more to go on than evidence bordering on proof.

Here is part of it: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/39851-n-a-w-a-c-field-study-discussion/

Bipto's response:

"With regard to the long-term continuous operations, yes, it's those three so far. 

But we've had multiple other operations over the years including Operation Forest Vigil which was the five year camera trap study that took place in X among other locations. "

Their entire efforts in that area are much longer than the 2.5 years you would have us believe here.

It helps to be informed :)

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil...have no fun.

I'd cut a view slit in that metal tube.  This is a fun field to know stuff about.

(The bigfoot-skeptic approach to posts again.)

And because I had to peek:

Before Endurance they were "Finding Bigfoot," only with better stories.

Now they're seeing bigfoot.  With even less reason to care what the uninformed think.  See the difference?

You're right.  It pays to be informed.  There's words behind them words, knowhatimean?

@Kitikaze....man, you rock.  But what about SNAKES!???? YEAH! SNAKES! No trailcam pictures of them, hmmmm? Thought so. There you go.  

Or my ex-wife.

Well, on second thought, there might be. And if there are, please just keep them to yourself. Although last time I checked, she was bearing a passing resemblance to one other well known crypto individual we all know and love....but no, don't need to see those.  

Me too.  These guys?  More fun 'n'a a barrel o' wood apes.

The unthinking presumption that Scientists Will Never Let You Down comes a cropper here as often as it does anywhere else (see, harrumph, lawyers).

And because I had to peek:

Before Endurance they were "Finding Bigfoot," only with better stories.

Now they're seeing bigfoot.  With even less reason to care what the uninformed think.  See the difference?

You're right.  It pays to be informed.  There's words behind them words, knowhatimean?

I don't care about your assessment of their activities at any given time. I was simply making my observation based on how long they had been active in that area. And it turns out it is far, far longer than the 2.5 years you claimed.  So I will reiterate that I do not find stories and hickory nuts to be an indicator of great success when spread out close to ( or even longer than) a decade of activity.

I wonder how long it took Cascades or Conservation Northwest to get photographic evidence of practically every large mammal species in their survey area?

Edited by dmaker

Irrelevant point. 

I have said it many times and history says I'm right:  long-term field insertion brings results.  Before Endurance, there was P/G.  Period.

This harping on little points that aren't even important is pretty typical bigfoot-skeptic.  Up that game.

I wonder how long it took Cascades or Conservation Northwest to get photographic evidence of practically every large mammal species in their survey area?

Irrelevant.

Evidence is tantamount to proof that research and management agencies have suppressed evidence, for reasons anyone could mundanely expect.  So their not having photos isn't a problem for anyone conversant with the evidence.

For anyone to think, with no evidence supporting the claim, that evidence suppression - either explicit or "I'm not opening that can of worms" - isn't happening amounts to calling people liars in defense of one's True Belief in Scientific Infallibility.

Picking my teeth.  (Politest.)

This will be done the way primate research is done:  long-term stays in the field.  "Examining" the "evidence" by folks on the opposite fringe from you simply reveals you to be on the opposite fringe from them.

ROFL!

As opposed to large primate discovery: show up on unrelated business, stumble across them, shoot, bring home.

Like as if only looking for Bigfoot will allow one to find it. Click your heels three times, Dorothy.

The following is just the tip of the iceberg. Just one single conservation group in Washington and their study area alone. Each dot in the right map is a GP Task Force remote camera station within their study area. This is not including the study areas of the Cascades Carnivore Project, those of Conservation Northwest, the fisher conservation camera network on the Olympic Peninsula. The middle and left show that respective study area relative to Washington as a whole and where Bigfoot has been encountered according to the BFRO's database...

Bigbfmap.jpg

The following is a similar map showing the same wildlife monitoring in the Canadian Rockies, each dot a camera station with the Bigfoot sightings map in the lower left corner...

Bigbfmap1.jpg

Where are the Bigfoots?

Evidence is tantamount to proof that research and management agencies have suppressed evidence.." DWA

I'm sorry, are you saying that you have evidence that agencies have suppressed evidence?  Share please..

Usually when one says " tantamount to proof" it translates to just take my word for it please.

Edited by dmaker

Here is part of it: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/39851-n-a-w-a-c-field-study-discussion/

Bipto's response:

"With regard to the long-term continuous operations, yes, it's those three so far. 

But we've had multiple other operations over the years including Operation Forest Vigil which was the five year camera trap study that took place in X among other locations. "

Their entire efforts in that area are much longer than the 2.5 years you would have us believe here.

It helps to be informed :)

Five years camera trapping by the Bigfooters themselves, 40 camera traps in their study area and nothing. Not one single wood ape. 

http://woodape.org/index.php/our-research/projects/115-operation-forest-vigil

Edited by kitakaze

Yes, I see, I see that, yes, I see.  I see that, yes.

You two should apply for funding.  But you need a Third S, if you know what I mean.

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic