Sasquatch Ontario Kaput!

Guest SoFla

Back to the topic:

From Mike Patterson

Sorry for any side tracking on my part.  I guess the discussion of other specific hoaxes / mistakes of science are better served in a separate post.  For what it is worth, my opinion of the stuff Patterson puts out is pure hokum and anyone who backs his "findings" is quite naive and / or gullible.

.........and anyone who backs his "findings" is quite naive and / or gullible.

......or has seen for themselves what the BFs are capable of doing.

• Upvote 3

Like a soap opera for bigfooters.

You've got that right.  Mikey is asking for money now too.  There always seems to be enough gullible folks in the bf world to support and follow nonsense like this...

t.

• Upvote 1

......or has seen for themselves what the BFs are capable of doing.

Which is fair enough but surely you would question much of Mike's output if not all as being suspect?

Does it really have to be like this? It's it unwritten law that anyone who claims a habituation or paranormal BF encounter is automatically beyond reproach?

I appreciate that this element of the community strives to work to different rules and be much more fair minded, but I can't help feel this open approach can often be cruelly exploited.

Edited by MarkGlasgow

It's not that I automatically assume that everything he says is true, but I haven't seen anything that I immediately know is a lie. (Like the recent tent video. That thing jumped out & screamed "FAKE!") I usually believe that people are being honest unless they obviously aren't. Sure I can get disappointed occasionally, but life is too short to waste it being skeptical of stuff that doesn't matter.

The little BF kids are always carrying toys around with them that they pick up here & there. Why couldn't the "fish eye" be an eye on one of the toys? I've heard some of them talking off in the distance & they didn't sound all that different than Mike's buddy. They might have sounded even more like him if they had been speaking an unfamiliar language.

So, I'm willing to believe him until he's proven to be a hoaxer, & that hasn't happened yet.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

You've got that right.  Mikey is asking for money now too.  There always seems to be enough gullible folks in the bf world to support and follow nonsense like this...

t.

Asking for money for doing nothing but producing Youtube vids and mooching on your buddies habituation area pretty much says it all.......it's Miller time!

I have had my share of high strangeness in Bigfooting, but I keep my skepticals on and I am rarely wrong about those that seek to deceive (BF excepted).  

As to the excuse of being turned on, happens all the time in Bigfootery.  I remember when a certain Let's Talk Bigfoot hostess roundly trashed by Monkeymaker in the htmlcode of the BFRO interwebs,  and member/mod/admin on 1.0 was given (verbal) rights to a BF graphic to represent that  show (it is even on a T-shirt I own now with said artiste's and the shows name----both contained on it).  Said artiste then renigged, backed out, got all copyrighted in your face and tried to take down said right and cowgirl.   Tricky legalese situation for sure, glad I'm not a lawyer. Doesn't take anything away from the artwork, but.......

Like I said, the soap opera runs wide open if you have been around long enough. 

Edited by bipedalist

So, I'm willing to believe him until he's proven to be a hoaxer, & that hasn't happened yet.

Agreed.  Accusation of hoaxing is not proof of hoaxing.   So far I haven't seen enough to get me on either bandwagon.  It costs nothing to give him the benefit of the doubt and watch to see what he presents next. 

MIB

• Upvote 1

Two sides to every story with the video there. Who knows what the truth is with any degree of accuracy. To be honest I halfway expected the cottage owner to come out and deny the whole thing. I predicted back long ago that this was not going to end well for those involved, especially Mike. Im certainly no know it all but if I had a nickle for every life that has been vexed by this phenomenon Id be loaded with nickels. When this started getting more attention I kind of figured that those involved would elevate to a more "self important" factor both personally and in believing that this info needed to get out there. Perhaps Mike was pushing for more exposure...who knows... Its certainly evidence of a falling out, however it seems to not add any further credibility slant to those calling hoax. I imagine the cottage owner didnt want to release the bizzare pics as it is a hard sell for legitimacy based on the subject matter etc. Overall In fact I think it kind of speaks to the opposite. Im sure some will say it just shows that the cottage owner wants the attention, but I think there is a lot going on we dont know. I think there are more and more people going out to the property and so more people are learning about it...I wouldnt like that one bit personally if I was trying to keep my land private. Anyhoo well just have to keep an eye out for any updates or the like.  I always saw Mike as a rather close minded individual in that he had his ideas of what things were and werent, and would get very combative if someone challenged him on him assertions. I felt that was a poor way to carry oneself in a situation like this.. I think he should have just shown what he was finding and leaving the speculation to others and not becomeing offended to the point of anger when confronted. Unless he has something legally binding I would say he probably has no claim to anything on the cottage owners land, so hes probably done from that standpoint...he may have other interactions somewhere else though. Me thinks he isnt done.

t.

Yes, he is and up front and honestly. Just as this forum asks for donations to keep it running, people with balloon plans, radio shows, book sellers, movie sellers......shall I go on?????  Oh and don't forget the youtube ads that rack up some bucks. BTW, Mike never attached ads to the videos, did you notice???

Is that all you've got to complain about when there are other folks on other forums claiming much bigger and better things????? 

Edited by Sunflower

Asking for money for doing nothing but producing Youtube vids and mooching on your buddies habituation area pretty much says it all.......it's Miller time!

He's begging for 50K.  Who says there's no money in sasquatch?  I imagine he'll raise a portion of that from his followers.

t.

50k - at 1967 value - wouldn't have paid for faking the P/G tracks, much less Patty.

The money isn't sufficient as an argument.  Charlatans duping the credulous with low-grade fakes have no impact on the evidence.

Assuming that is true...

Mike probably calls it asking

Terry calls it begging

This forum and churches call it donating

Politicians call it fundraising

Scientists call it a grant

I generally call it hypocrisy..so whats the point? Just more painting with the indignation brush...pretty obvious

• Upvote 1