A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

I stand accused (in another thread) of being a government silence squad agent, so yeah, I know how it works.

I hope you are still able to attend our secret government silence squad social and potluck on Friday though.

I'll be there. I'm going to nail some ribs to a tree, slather them with Ketchum sauce and BBQ them.

I just knew it.........you saboteur!

We know all about your plan to shoot one, so we've "recruited" one of your mules too. We "know something" on him. We don't call it blackmail, or extortion. Not when it involves mules anyway. We call him "suitably motivated".

• Upvote 2

Does he always take me in the wrong direction?

Or is he trained to kick and spoil the shot?

• Upvote 1

No. In order to be a true skeptic:

1) you have to show me you have examined the evidence.

2) you need to walk me to your conclusions - as I have done, many a time here - using the evidence.

3) you need to show me you haven't swallowed guesses, blanket condemnations and stuff people have told you who resolutely refuse to show their work - while the people I show you have done theirs and put it in the public domain.

Simple.

Right...?

All I see is 1)show me 2)walk me 3)show me. Me, me, me. Since it's really all about you I have nothing else to say.

Everybody talks about "proof."  But no one understands...that's not really how science works, folks.

Proof is a notion that scientists have been intimidated into mistrusting. - Richard Dawkins

I really do not care what anyone thinks who isn't doing the work but sitting on hands and waiting for "proof."  If sasquatch were anything else...the society would be on board.  But it's sasquatch.

If you are really having problems with 1) through 3)...well, talk about nothing to say.  Oh, I am at a serious loss for words there.  But it sums up the field pretty much.

Edited by DWA

Perhaps, he doesn't want to be the third body (after you) from the event. Mules are pretty smart you know, hear they have a lot of "horse sense". :tease:

(Wes T.  Um.  Wow.  Really?  All you can focus on there is "me me me?"  Who are people trying to convince to sway you?  ME?  DUDE!  Your opinion about this is ALL ABOUT YOU!!!)

Edited by DWA

Right now it's just an "observe and report" action. Think Francis...

A while ago I asked Crowlogic a question. I asked him/her how it's going and how it's working out seeing as by his/her own admission his/her stance on bigfoot might...... 

"prevent a few people from succumbing to belief."

(Post # 35 in this thread)

I didn't get an answer so I will ask the question again.  How many people did you "prevent from succumbing to belief" this last week, Crowlogic? I'm really interested. Do you think your stance is working?

Guest Crowlogic

A while ago I asked Crowlogic a question. I asked him/her how it's going and how it's working out seeing as by his/her own admission his/her stance on bigfoot might...... 

I didn't get an answer so I will ask the question again.  How many people did you "prevent from succumbing to belief" this last week, Crowlogic? I'm really interested. Do you think your stance is working?

The most important person of all.................myself.  So have you delivered bigfoot to science today yet?

I never said my intent was to deliver bigfoot to science. I don't care if science accepts it or not. Doesn't bother me. Doesn't stop it from being real, just like it didn't stop the Vu Quang Ox and the Mountain Gorilla from being real before science accepted them. They were still real despite not being catalogued by science.

So you actually haven't prevented anyone from "succumbing to belief" since you started this thread? Thanks for the info.

Edited by Neanderfoot

DWA, you presented the challenge of 1, 2, and 3. Perhaps you could reword the challenge because I have no idea who you've had debates with over the years.

I never said my intent was to deliver bigfoot to science. I don't care if science accepts it or not. Doesn't bother me. Doesn't stop it from being real, just like it didn't stop the Vu Quang Ox and the Mountain Gorilla from being real before science accepted them. They were still real despite not being catalogued by science.

So you actually haven't prevented anyone from "succumbing to belief" since you started this thread? Thanks for the info.

Really.  ^^That.

Crow:  your fundamentally unsound logic will ensure you make no converts among those capable of thinking stuff through.  I don't care what the mainstream thinks either; in fact it is TRIPLY CUBED COOL!!!!! that I know what is going on right here, at the cutting edge of science.

And they?

Don't.

Edited by DWA

Guest Crowlogic

In order to be a true skeptic you don't just go "naaaaaaaaaaaaah" all the time, as a number of folks here do. That is what is known as a cynic or a dismisser. A skeptic is one who doubts. A skeptic is not one who only dismisses and rejects.

So what you are saying is if a person has been engaged in such an enterprise as this for a substantial period of time they are forbidden to draw a conclusion?  Does this mean if I studied arithmetic that I can never conclude that the study produced a conclusion for example 2+2=4 and must be skeptical of the equation?  Conversely there are legions of people here beating their chests proclaiming without doubt that bigfoot is real in no uncertain terms.  Well exactly how does that work lieu of there being no proof?  Some of the loudest chest beaters haven't had a sighting and are sifting through the same piles as skeptics BTW.

DWA, you presented the challenge of 1, 2, and 3. Perhaps you could reword the challenge because I have no idea who you've had debates with over the years.

Not sure what needs rewording.  Anyone who wants me to agree with them as to their conclusion needs to do those three things to my satisfaction.  If they don't care to, doesn't matter to me.  I know what I know, regardless what scientists who demonstrably don't say to me.