A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Guest Crowlogic

Crow, so help me, if you ask that question one more time your id is gonna auger your ego right into the ground.  Kick the habit, join the unhooked generation. It's a matter of life...and breadth.

Well DWA you painted yourself into that corner.  You have repeatedly demanded that people go read, study and learn.  Then when someone that is accused of not reading and studying posts some of what they have read and studied and you ignore all of it as if it was all non viable what do you expect? Then when people ask for viable to your standards things to study and read you ignore that too.  So frankly I don't care what you've read or what you and your organization do in the field.  You as a representative of that effort has delivered at best rhetoric and mostly heavily "winded"  self importance there isn't much to consider.  So all I can do is ask you where has it gotten you and what is it getting you towards the presumed ultimate goal of your efforts?

Cold compresses, two aspirin and call me in the morning.  See, it's become almost a tenet of modern America that "his knowledge and your ignorance are equal."  They aren't.

Answer:  CROW!  I KNOW BIGFOOT'S REAL.  And look where you are.  I've passed this goal and moving onward.  And look where you are.

But have no fear.  Your Buddhi doesn't know real ad hominem when he sees it.

[and hasn't he - haven't they all - wasted yet *another* post on empty ranting that could have been spent showing us they know the first thing they're talking about]

Edited by DWA

Thin skins on this topic best not show up around me...particularly when they offer ignorance, and cloak it in arrogance to boot.  Ad hominem, indeed.  There is nothing more ad hominem than bigfoot skepticism, which ridicules honesty and effort and elevates lassitude and denial.

You have read nothing serious...and thought about it even less.  And have no idea that *you broadcast that here.*

You're backing denial, and saying things that if you heard anyone saying them about anything other than this you'd think they were out of their heads.

You will not be on the right side of truth, ever...when it is proven (which it already pretty much has been) that you were wrong all along.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's always science with you! Right. Even though science does not want nothing to do with this .  This whole thread was suppose to be about as the title states" A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark " Well maybe there will be another century go by and the position then will be the same As it is today. No difference. Science will still stay be the same with doubt and the skeptics will live their lives as they have been. Yes , oh such joy in this community !Ecko 

Science is not something people say they do.  Science is something people do.  If you think the evidence points to the animal and can show why ...you are thinking like a scientist and doing science.

The "scientists" and the "science" that you refer to are nothing of the sort.  Not when it comes to this, and probably not when it comes to most things outside their narrow field of regard.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's always science with you! Right. Even though science does not want nothing to do with this .  This whole thread was suppose to be about as the title states" A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark " Well maybe there will be another century go by and the position then will be the same As it is today. No difference. Science will still stay be the same with doubt and the skeptics will live their lives as they have been. Yes , oh such joy in this community !Ecko 

DWA is the self-appointed authority on what is science and what is not. If it agrees with what he thinks, it's science. If it doesn't agree with what he thinks, it's junk.

• Upvote 1

^^^This is what I expect people who haven't thought sufficiently about this to say.  Sorry, but most haven't...and they show it here.  If you get called on it, responding by reference to "self-appointed authority" (rather than blowing it to smithereens with a clearly thought out response to which there is no reasonable rejoinder) is pointing up your issue.

ONCE AGAIN!   One's ignorance is NOT equal to someone else's knowledge.  KAY?!?!?

nicely stated Shadow

Or, you could be having fun expanding the angle of your regard with some education...but choose ^^^this.  Diff'rent strokes. 

While the scoftics talk about growing up and tinfoil hats you mean?? I see you don't have a problem with that. I'm not surprised. You seem intent on being offended.

actually no; gumshoe went on and on about how skeptics are rude so I decided that I would take the time to point out each time skeptics are treated to ad hominem assaults on the threads.

Your "clever" skofftics line is yet another, unintentional reinforcement of the hypothesis that the adherents here use attacks and obfuscation to distract in this and other threads. 

Why not just say; "yeah, there really hasn't been much ground gained in the years since the PGF." Doing so wouldn't mean that sasquatch isn't real it would simply acknowledge a fact of life. In any event, thanks for proving my point to GumShoe yet again, Hey GumShoe - Here's yet ANOTHER!!!

What I have learned here I have learned from proponents...and that is everywhere I have looked on this topic as well. Bigfoot skepticism simply is not either informed or helpful. It is, in fact, blatantly obstructing a scientific investigation.

That's a horrible attitude to have imo. In debating with the true skeptics I've learned quite a bit... sometimes to thier dismay, sometimes mine. But in the end everyone wins because we've learned something new. Scoftics, deniers, and trolls, are a different story, and that may be what you're referring to.

^^^This is what I expect people who haven't thought sufficiently about this to say.  Sorry, but most haven't...and they show it here.  If you get called on it, responding by reference to "self-appointed authority" (rather than blowing it to smithereens with a clearly thought out response to which there is no reasonable rejoinder) is pointing up your issue.

ONCE AGAIN!   One's ignorance is NOT equal to someone else's knowledge.  KAY?!?!?

You and I can both think bigfoot exists but it matters not one wit to science. Science will accept that it exists only when the level required for science to do so is met. I understand that, apparently you don't. There are "scientist" who have or are trying to prove it exists. Just because they haven't done so yet doesn't mean they aren't trying or that science is ignoring BF. Therefore, you have no case to "blow up" except the one that exists only in your head, and you are the only one who can do that.

Indeed but the big change in how the other's survived took place when we became a bit smarter and blood thirstier.  This said there is nothing in North America's fossil record  that suggests anything on two legs other than us made it here.

Well, more modern theories are getting away from the killer homo sapiens and thinking more along the lines of assimilation through breeding as well as rate of breeding.  Not necessarily a recipe for complete genocide, thus lending to more 'fringe' theories of groups of these other homonids still surviving today.

Fossil records are always a touchy subject as we know they are incomplete and new homonids are being discovered regularly (relatively speaking).  Also, there is creedence that more than one genetic group settled the americas (includes south america)....so the fat lady has not sung on that (IMO).

That's a horrible attitude to have imo. In debating with the true skeptics I've learned quite a bit... sometimes to thier dismay, sometimes mine. But in the end everyone wins because we've learned something new. Scoftics, deniers, and trolls, are a different story, and that may be what you're referring to.

Name some true skeptics.  (That aren't proponents.)  I have not encountered one here.

If one's approach to a scientific topic is not based on thoughtful attention to the evidence, it's useless.

You and I can both think bigfoot exists but it matters not one wit to science. Science will accept that it exists only when the level required for science to do so is met. I understand that, apparently you don't. There are "scientist" who have or are trying to prove it exists. Just because they haven't done so yet doesn't mean they aren't trying or that science is ignoring BF. Therefore, you have no case to "blow up" except the one that exists only in your head, and you are the only one who can do that.

The missing point is, I believe: By Science's own professed standards and criteria, the threshold was exceeded long ago.  What has resulted instead is a peculiar reluctance to face the implications of the knowledge, and it is always easier in those kinds of situations to deny the knowledge. Here we are.    

Your "clever" skofftics line is yet another, unintentional reinforcement of the hypothesis that the adherents here use attacks and obfuscation to distract in this and other threads. 

What on earth are you protesting about now? There was no 'attack' in my post. I am merely pointing out what I see you do constantly....getting overly offended again and again even where there was no offence committed. Just a valid observation.

There is also absolutely nothing wrong with the word scoftic. Its a perfectly valid term for those who scoff. These folks have gone beyond skepticism and have entered the world of scofticism with their jibes about growing up and tinfoil hats.

Name some true skeptics.  (That aren't proponents.)  I have not encountered one here.

I agree that there aren't many. Most of those who consider themselves skeptics are actually scoffers and cynics and dismissers. That isn't skepticism. Its cynicism. It's also trolling because their whole point is to get a rise out of bigfoot proponents.

So all I can do is ask you where has it gotten you and what is it getting you towards the presumed ultimate goal of your efforts?

And where has your stance gotten you? Way back in post #35 you said that your stance "might prevent a few people from succumbing to belief.". That would seem to be the goal of your mission, as you self admitted.

How ya doing so far? How many people have you stopped succumbing to belief since you started this thread? 

Edited by Neanderfoot