A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

It all factors in of coarse, but there are some details like the toe stems visible in other tracks from that find. The contours on the toe pads scream "real toes" and there is a natural graduation in size and proportion to the neighboring toes. There is some unusual detail on the outer side of the foot that I wouldn't think a hoaxer would just throw in to make them seem more real.

I can understand and sympathize with that rationale, SY. Thanks. Proponents and honest sceptics shouldn't have a problem with it, but unfortunately I doubt it'll sway anyone who denies bigfoot's existence. Have you had the opportunity to evaluate any of the 6, 4, or 3-toed tracks/casts that are out there?

Did you see the human feet photos I posted?  Guess not.  

Yes. You picked 2 at an odd angle to make them look more similar.

Are you able to reconcile the drastic morph Bindernagle claims for bigfoot?  Can you back him up?  Can out show us a hominid/human/primate that goes through a Bindernagle morph?  Come on back up your boy  Dr B.

Drastic morph? Doesn't look too much different than the 'drastic morph' between human baby and human adult feet. Just wider in comparison to it's length and with more splayed toes. I don't see double digits or claws on it for goodness sake.

Get some bigfoot/primate foot morphs to validate him.

I just did. Not my problem if you refuse to see it. A bigfoot denilalist who even denies having much of an interest in bigfoot is obviously going to deny there is a considerable 'morph' between human baby feet and human adult feet. It's par for the course quite frankly.

Anyway once more for your perusal.

533818363-close-up-of-soles-of-adorable-

They are considerably different to my adult feet. If I had feet like that my girlfriend would run away screaming.

Remember folks this is about bigfoot not humans.  

You were the one who brought human feet into it. In fact it was YOUR question. This is what you said:

"" Now can you honestly believe that human/primate feet go through a morphing of the extant that Binbdernagle claims?  By all means enlighten us and show some backing up what the good Dr. claims""

Edited by Neanderfoot

If I were going on observable detail and nothing else I would choose this one as real. The one on the left

attachicon.gifouting photos 022.JPG

But, and forgive me if I'm completely wrong, doesn't Meldrum say that the toes should be more "splayed" out, this looks like a foot whose toes have been in shoes, no?

The casts you see in that picture was part of a display that Meldrum had set up at a bigfoot conference. I think he considers the Hereford track as a compelling track from a track-way and legit. I think there is some natural variance concerning toe splay among humans, but hard to say how much or how little should be present in a bigfoot track.

I think we could expect some injuries and un-adressed pathology in the tracks, and consider how these things can explain anomalies or work their way into a hoaxed track.

Thanks for the clarification. We would expect some variation due to genetic abnormality, injuries, etc. and I think that also adds to the difficulty. Also, the dissemination of information on the internet which makes creating convincing fakes easier by the day.

While an individual with a background in Podiatry Medicine would be more qualified to know better than me, I think some of the toe splay could be explained or would be determined by the terrain in which the thing was walking such as snow, leafy soil, sandy soil or stone mixed dirt. Beyond that I have to believe some greater degree of toe splaying found in some more than other exhibits could relate to genetics as well.  Any ideas or opinions?   

Some print casts that I noticed don’t possess any discernible any obvious digits because of the muddy conditions they were found. The print itself was abnormally large unlike any human or native animal to the area. I personally found a single 17 inch print in a muddy transition area from a soy field to grassy meadow surrounded by forest. It appeared to be a week old or more but I am quite certain if it weren’t for the grass there would be others. The field had been freshly plowed and seeded but the print was next to it was much older.   

My apologies for being so pedantic on this point but when you are discussing the state of BF studies at any point (and I note several seem to have bowed out rather than confront their conclusions about the track evidence), you have to establish this baseline. If you believe all the tracks could  reasonably  have been hoaxed, without ANY exception (and really, does any truly honest thinking person REALLY believe that?) you have just established your unwillingness to ask yourself hard questions. As I said up-thread, those who do think this probably help explain the retarded state of the research more than anything else. Some of those who think this way are intelligent and rational people. If they are not willing to confront their own prejudices and predetermined conclusions on this basic piece of evidence, what hope has the idea of BF research  have of gaining legitimacy in the mind of the general public? "None", is the answer, I believe.

Edited by WSA
  • Upvote 2

While an individual with a background in Podiatry Medicine would be more qualified to know better than me, I think some of the toe splay could be explained or would be determined by the terrain in which the thing was walking such as snow, leafy soil, sandy soil or stone mixed dirt. Beyond that I have to believe some greater degree of toe splaying found in some more than other exhibits could relate to genetics as well.  Any ideas or opinions?   

The substrate would absolutely play a part in the dynamics of a print. Meldrum has got to know about that stuff & I imagine he would insist on knowing the facts behind the soil, weather and the like to do just as you mention. I might just have that splayed toes thing on the brain, one of those details that just sticks in you mind but may not apply across the board.

(snip)

If they are not willing to confront their own prejudices and predetermined conclusions on this basic piece of evidence, what hope has the idea of BF research  have of gaining legitimacy in the mind of the general public? "None", is the answer, I believe.

Agreed.

And yet ... legitimacy in the eyes of the general public has no bearing on the truth of topic, only on it's reception.   Equating the two is  ... well, lets call it "scoftic's folly".

MIB

I think that's right MIB. I've seen it posted many times here as if it were a valid point, and I always hear in my head (typically in my mother's voice), "And if the whole world decided to jump off a cliff, would that mean you would too....??!!

I think the perception does have a bearing on whether "legitimate" scienctists will engage in the topic. If you don't care about science taking the topic seriously then the general opinion of science doesn't matter either.

Edited by Bodhi

Guest diana swampbooger

I'll be glad when we can get 'Puffer Marchines'(explosives trace-detection portal machine, also known as a trace portal machine) out in the field. It can also be calibrated to pick up picograms of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, PCP, methamphetamine, and MDMA. Just a question of calibration.

My husband was the OEM for the internal furnace for one of the companies that assembled the parts for the machine. I still see them in the airports. Getting smaller all the time.

Yup, a Smell-O-Meter. More reliable than a dog.

Guest Crowlogic

Yes. You picked 2 at an odd angle to make them look more similar.

Drastic morph? Doesn't look too much different than the 'drastic morph' between human baby and human adult feet. Just wider in comparison to it's length and with more splayed toes. I don't see double digits or claws on it for goodness sake.

I just did. Not my problem if you refuse to see it. A bigfoot denilalist who even denies having much of an interest in bigfoot is obviously going to deny there is a considerable 'morph' between human baby feet and human adult feet. It's par for the course quite frankly.

Anyway once more for your perusal.

533818363-close-up-of-soles-of-adorable-

They are considerably different to my adult feet. If I had feet like that my girlfriend would run away screaming.

You were the one who brought human feet into it. In fact it was YOUR question. This is what you said:

"" Now can you honestly believe that human/primate feet go through a morphing of the extant that Binbdernagle claims?  By all means enlighten us and show some backing up what the good Dr. claims""

I also requested some primate feet morphing lik Dr B claims bigfoot feet do.  So far no takers hmmmm what's the problem?  But here can anyone with a working brain imagining human feet morphing as dramatically from typical baby feet to adulthood as what is claimed here for bigfoot supposedly doing?  Come on where are the primate models to shoot me down?  Bigfoot is either a human or a primate.  If human Dr B has a lot of splainin' to do.  If human oh come on everyone knows mammals don't morp like frogs.  Neander if you think DR B's foot with all toes essentially the same size resembles a human's baby foot then I can understand why bigfoot lives in the backyard of your belief systems.  It's laughable.

binder_zpsfphdamll.jpg

Edited by Crowlogic

If I was to use an example of how their feet would look like in the bush. I would believe that they would look some what like these feet. People who live in the jungle and walk bare foot.

post-482-0-63941100-1435338659.jpg

post-482-0-55139200-1435338672.jpg

post-482-0-70398200-1435338682.png