A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Guest OntarioSquatch

Having a PhD beside your name will give people the impression that you know what you're talking about.

** just as having the title Pastor or Priest might infer some moral fortitude or competence. Does the title Mechanic or Engineer mean that they can obviously fix or create anything. These are all constructs of man and therefore have the same limitations of man. I will say that holding any type of credentialed title does show that you were willing to stick it out long enough to achieve the cred and to while following the path and the curriculum placed in front of you that you were able to retain enough of the information to pass the testing requirements in order to gather the said credential.

Yada...yada..all in free, rule Brittania....

So...all real, all fake or some of both? Until you are able to state and defend one of those, all your out-gassing is of no consequence. Talking at you Crow. What do you say?

Having a PhD beside your name will give people the impression that you know what you're talking about.

And people who have no idea how to check up on that are your easy prey. 

Bigfoot skeptics either think (most of them) or pretend (maybe some of them) that science is something Normal People Can't Understand.  Which is of course wrong.  No matter what a scientist is saying, you can generally figure out what is behind it.  If you can't...you need to figure that out.  No one here can do that for you.

These various cases of theoretical conflict have much to teach us.  Each seems to be a demonstration of too much faith put in canonical and orthodox knowledge that hid suppositions and uncertainties.  It is as if the community of scholars , like the individual mind...is virtually incapable of holding a suspended judgment. - William Glenn

"Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceeding generation . . . As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Nobel Laureate Richard Feynman

“The Wilderness holds answers to more questions than we have yet learned to ask.† - Nancy Wynne Newhall

"Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceeding generation . . . As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Nobel Laureate Richard Feynman

"Learning how to think" really means learning how to exercise some control over how and what you think.  it means being conscious and aware enough to choose how you construct meaning from experience.  Because if you cannot or will not exercise this kind of choice in adult life, you will be totally hosed - David Foster Wallace

ome are in this for vindication. With that comes a real dissatisfaction when it doesn't come on schedule. I would just propose that whenever a goal outside of your control becomes a question of personal identity (either pro or con) you are setting yourself up for an unhappy life. - WSA

Listen to all of 'em.  Some  of you in particular really wanna pay attention to that WSA guy.

CrowLogic

Is it possible that this track print that is displayed could be that of a bear, like a black bear.

I had a thought, it might have been a lone bear track, left in some soft spot. The bear didn't leave a very clear track and the finder mistook it for a baby Bigfoot's. Being an important find he wanted to cast it. The track was messy and he figured, if I pour it like this no one will know what it is, so he fixed it up a bit.

In touching it up he added his interpretation of what a baby Bigfoot's foot looks like.

Indeed and most likely it is from a bear.  If a bear track it says two very telling points.  First  that Dr. Bindernagel can't recognize a bear track and secondly after misidentifying that bear track went on to construct  unsubstantiated claims that bigfoot feet go through a level of morphing in shape from juvenile to adulthood unseen in the higher primates.  IMO that's a fantastically huge blunder.  I wonder what Jeff Meldrum has to say about it.

Geez you have it in for Bindernagel don't you? Tell you what, why don't you find out where he is speaking next and confront him in person and tell him he's wrong and then explain to him why he's wrong? Would you do that?

And while you are at it, carry on claiming as fact that it is a bear track and carry on claiming as fact that human feet don't morph to a considerable extent when they actually do.

I'm done with you. I'm now officially bored here in this thread.

Edited by Neanderfoot

I had a thought, it might have been a lone bear track, left in some soft spot. The bear didn't leave a very clear track and the finder mistook it for a baby Bigfoot's. Being an important find he wanted to cast it. The track was messy and he figured, if I pour it like this no one will know what it is, so he fixed it up a bit.

In touching it up he added his interpretation of what a baby Bigfoot's foot looks like.

And no evidence for this.  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, there's yer scientificalated approachalation there.

Gotta show you know something about tracks.  So far, I am seeing no reason for anything other than dismay there.

I also requested some primate feet morphing lik Dr B claims bigfoot feet do.  So far no takers hmmmm what's the problem?  

We don't hand materials or pretty much anything to people who have loudly announced that they are clearly unqualified to deal with them.  We just point to Bindernagel and say:  Got nothin' to say to him, huh.

But here can anyone with a working brain imagining human feet morphing as dramatically from typical baby feet to adulthood as what is claimed here for bigfoot supposedly doing?  

Yep, but this is because, unlike some working this problem, we have working brains, and know stuff about tracks.

Come on where are the primate models to shoot me down?  Bigfoot is either a human or a primate.  

Says the 'expert' who doesn't seem to know that humans are primates.  Didn't read that depth indicator before getting in the pool, son.

If human Dr B has a lot of splainin' to do.  If human oh come on everyone knows mammals don't morp like frogs.

Your second sentence here indicates Dr. B. doesn't have to do any splainin' to you, particularly.

Neander if you think DR B's foot with all toes essentially the same size resembles a human's baby foot then I can understand why bigfoot lives in the backyard of your belief systems.  It's laughable.

You could stop jettisoning non sequiturs like this, and come up with some evidence.  Why are we not holding our breath.  No, Crow, that is on you.  We know where things sit.  You don't.

OK, so conclusions (long arrived at, it's just that the people we are talking to don't know it) would be as follows.

1.  Don't know anything about tracks.

2.  Don't know humans are primates.

3.  Think they can address a scientist's conclusions without reference to science.

4.  Wouldn't get near Bindernagel to discuss this with a ten-foot pole, but

5.  Have no problems with libel.

Evidence contradicting these findings, it is long safe to say, not forthcoming.

Guest Crowlogic

Geez you have it in for Bindernagel don't you? Tell you what, why don't you find out where he is speaking next and confront him in person and tell him he's wrong and then explain to him why he's wrong? Would you do that?

And while you are at it, carry on claiming as fact that it is a bear track and carry on claiming as fact that human feet don't morph to a considerable extent when they actually do.

I'm done with you. I'm now officially bored here in this thread.

I'm honored you're done with me.  You've nothing of substance to counter my argument.  Yes head for the trees please.  I asked for primate feet evidence of morphing too and you can't comply.  You have no counter to the points exposed.  Yes I have it in for stupid pseudoscience BTW!

Edited by Crowlogic

He figured? Without stepping into the mind and eyes of the individual, and unless anyone here has an ability to read his thoughts and see it all through their (the finders) eyes the very moment they find the print how do we conclude what he did or didn’t do, or how can we even begin to presume what he observed or didn’t observe? - Just asking

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest Crowlogic

That's not a bear track.  Some people don't know when they're showing things they'd really rather not.

What is it then?  Indeed the good DR shouldn't have used it in his schpeel.

It is spiel.  And you haven't and will likely not ever tell us why he shouldn't have used it.  What, it offends you to see things you don't understand unless the explanations you will not listen to are provided?

As I said.

Guest Crowlogic

It is spiel.  And you haven't and will likely not ever tell us why he shouldn't have used it.  What, it offends you to see things you don't understand unless the explanations you will not listen to are provided?

As I said.

That cast shouldn’t be used because it is not proven to be a Bigfoot cast and it isn’t even proven to be a real cast of anything.  Furthermore it came from a known hoaxer.  Dr Bindernagel takes this cast of very poor provenance and proceeds to create a theory of foot morphing for an unknown/unproven/likely nonexistent animal and those like yourself swallow it hook line and sinker..  Now you asked me to tell why the cast shouldn’t have been used and there you have it.  Now I am inviting you to prove my position wrong.  In this thread I have already demonstrated that human foot morphing to the extant that the Bindenagel cast shows does not happen.  So let’s see your evidence of morph progression as collected by your preeminent organization, or anyone else's organization for that matter.  Show how this transforms into that.   Note the juvenile casts on the right showing form of the adult casts.

casts_zpsrauodswv.jpg

Edited by Crowlogic