A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Guest Crowlogic

Science is the authority questioning you.  It guides the approach to the evidence.  All you are saying to us is that you are unqualified to receive what we would give you.  Not that we have any obligation to do so.  Getting up to speed doesn't happen by the object slowing down; it happens by you catching up.  Not doing so well on that, particularly when you present evidence of solid science, but not spelling the word 'solid' correctly.

The science in your camp has made far more questionable blunders than the science in mine.  But I will offer you the chance one more time to apply the science of your camp.  How does left become right when right already contains examples that disprove left.  Both can'r be right.

casts_zpsrauodswv.jpg

I keep seeing this same pic posted over and over... I don't think you are going to get an answer, Crow.

One wonders how many times an uninformed screed hits the water before the fisherman realizes the fish aren't biting.

The science in your camp has made far more questionable blunders than the science in mine.  

Actually, yes, that is true.  Know why?

Our science includes lots of ill-informed people (whose opinions we have already discounted).

Your side is doing no science at all.  Nothing ventured...absolutely nothing gained.  And I'd say not recognizing that the world's largest primate lives in the United States is, when everyone finally knows it, going to go down as the most colossal blunder in the history of science.

And please try to refrain from the usual "it's not proven right now so it can't be real" riposte.  It's not only uninformed, but it asserts in the strongest possible terms, from a strictly logical standpoint, that not only do we know everything, but that tomorrow will not happen ...because it hasn't yet.

When do we rename this thread "What Crowlogic Doesn't Know, Detailed Six Ways to Sunday?"

Edited by DWA

Guest Crowlogic

I keep seeing this same pic posted over and over... I don't think you are going to get an answer, Crow.

No I won't get an answer from anyone in the proponent camp.  But by virtue of that contingent's inability to supply a valid argument confirms the validity of the stand against it.

One wonders how many times an uninformed screed hits the water before the fisherman realizes the fish aren't biting.

Actually, yes, that is true.  Know why?

Our science includes lots of ill-informed people (whose opinions we have already discounted).

Your side is doing no science at all.  Nothing ventured...absolutely nothing gained.  And I'd say not recognizing that the world's largest primate lives in the United States is, when everyone finally knows it, going to go down as the most colossal blunder in the history of science.

And please try to refrain from the usual "it's not proven right now so it can't be real" riposte.  It's not only uninformed, but it asserts in the strongest possible terms, from a strictly logical standpoint, that not only do we know everything, but that tomorrow will not happen ...because it hasn't yet.

When do we rename this thread "What Crowlogic Doesn't Know, Detailed Six Ways to Sunday?"

Well the thread title is accurate.  A half a century on nothing has changed.

Think you need to start a new thread Crow.

Entitled 'I think Patty is real but all BF's have now died out'.

To have the temerity to call footers out throughout this thread whilst your own BF theory is based on nothing but your own self serving opinion is pretty nuts my friend.

You say BF did exist up until fairly recently so of course we have casts and footprints.

Guest OntarioSquatch

That 6 inch cast was a fake created by Paul Freeman. There's no doubt in my mind that it's fake. It doesn't fit the profile of real Sasquatch tracks, but it's a very close match to the other fakes that Paul Freeman made back in the day. It looks like he used the same method that he used to create his other casts.

2mq3sxx.jpg

2lnuv8.jpg

Guest Crowlogic

To have the temerity to call footers out throughout this thread whilst your own BF theory is based on nothing but your own self serving opinion is pretty nuts my friend.

You say BF did exist up until fairly recently so of course we have casts and footprints.

I'll leave that up to you to start a new thread.

Hello Mark, Good post and I agree, using what amounts to remarkably small and insignificant cases in point to cast a wide net over a large group of people. It's the perfect example of inventing obstacles where, really, it's being invented rather than discovered. Hat Tip!

No thanks I'll leave the fools errands to those better suited.

hilarious, and on point. +2

Now here is even more to think about us humans and our feet. I found these pictures of morphing feet on humans: Do you not think if it can happen on humans then it can well happen in nature.

did those feet start out "standard" and then "morph" or were they genetic abormalities from day one? And are you really sure you want to plant your flag on the "morphing" foot hill? Is there any other well known researcher who agrees with Dr. B's assessment of this? I think he's out on that limb all by himself so is this really the point on which you want to argue?

And that's what y'all are reduced to.  Trust me, going on and on about a scientist being wrong when one can't address his homework and has no evidence backing anything one says is the fool's errand to beat any I've seen.  You're too invested.  Your heads need a break.  Come back prepared to think a bit.

Well the three toed tracks would appear to be possible, and perhaps not as rare in nature if you take into account that the diversity in the breeding population could be diminished.

why would the diversity be diminished? SasChron says that there's sasquatches in all of North America, that's a larger area of activity than any animal other than humans. Can't have it both ways; well, you can if your are intellectually dishonest.

Nothing is more intellectually dishonest than crafting one's case as if one's opponents haven't said a thing*. Unless it is responding to this post with "you haven't."  Which is about to happen.

*400 times

Edited by DWA

That 6 inch cast was a fake created by Paul Freeman. There's no doubt in my mind that it's fake. It doesn't fit the profile of real Sasquatch tracks, but it's a very close match to the other fakes that Paul Freeman made back in the day. It looks like he used the same method that he used to create his other casts.

2mq3sxx.jpg

2lnuv8.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me if that upper set were faked. I really don't like the wavy yet glossy surface on the sole, it's not natural. Depending on the provenance on the two left in the lower set, I could maybe see how Bindernagel might give the one on the right some consideration as being from a real animal particularly when you look at the Bossburg cripplefoot casts. This has in the past caused speculation of two different species of Sasquatch among proponents.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/bossburg.htm

why would the diversity be diminished? SasChron says that there's sasquatches in all of North America, that's a larger area of activity than any animal other than humans. Can't have it both ways; well, you can if your are intellectually dishonest.

I'm intellectually uncertain. The idea of them being spread out wouldn't help their diversity, because it depends on population density and whether there is pockets of them isolated.

• Upvote 1

So Crow...you are saying they are all, each and every one of them, a fake or misidentified track of some kind? No exception?

So Crow...you are saying they are all, each and every one of them, a fake or misidentified track of some kind? No exception?

This "question" contains the following:

False Dilemma / Bifurcation Fallacy

and, indirectly....

Argumentum ad Populum Fallacy