A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

But if you read up enough to have a respectable opinion...you'd *know* this.

I LOVE FLAT LOVE! the attitude "If we were informed, we'd change our minds.  But we aren't...so WE'RE RIGHT...!!!"

Look at Martin's signature...then tell me how good he is at adult-exchange stuff like:  context...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-news/missing-dennis-martin

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2014/05/22/dennis-martin-missing-45-years/9405607/

Not a "large hairy creature" but an "unkempt" man. Specifically a "moonshiner".

Witness thought it was a moonshiner.

The search party now included Green Berets with experience fighting and navigating in the jungles of Vietnam.

http://www.uscg.mil/tcyorktown/ops/sar/inland/Docs/DennisMartinReadAhead.pdf

Above is the Coast Guard report - they don't shrink from mentioning woo in the report. Plenty of mediums and such mentioned but no "large hairy creature"

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2014/05/22/dennis-martin-missing-45-years/9405607/

That one has plenty of credible reasons why they couldn't find the child. No large hairy creature.

I cant find any where that mentions "large hairy creature" and doesn't mention Paulides or comes from bigfoot woo sites...

Let me know if I am missing something here...

More bigfoot woo... while the FBI assisted early on the case was never turned over to the FBI.... It was a missing persons case and not a kidnapping case... according to the links above. 

Paulides claims Jim Rike FBI agent committed suicide and dealt with missing children cases... I cant find and links other than Paulides to support this story.

D. Paulides interview C2C Monday July 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoMXJfJMQyU

• mentioned the big hairy thing

From Wikipedia:

The term comes from woo-woo, an epithet used in the 1990s by science and skeptical writers to ridicule people who believe or promote such things.

Of course he did.... why would he not mention his own construct.. he is selling books and needs woo to make people buy them.

Here is a few more of Paulides stories from the C2C interview.

Paulides speaks of Doerr Kunz he said his grand parents were watching him and turned their eyes for a split second and looked back and the child was gone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3161336/Distraught-parents-two-year-old-boy-vanished-broad-daylight-Idaho-campground-asks-leads-boy.html

The truth is that the parents thought the grand parents were watching him and the grand parents though he was with his parents....

"Kunz said they had thought his grandparent was looking after him but the child's grandfather thought that his parents had him. "

Peel the onion 

Here's another

Paulides says that a group of hikers was somehow mysteriously separated and then Mr Saggu vanished.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/hiker-found-dead-after-search-near-chilliwack-b-c-1.3103669

Chilliwack Search and Rescue (SAR) was called to the area early Friday evening, after the young man went jogging ahead of his two friends on the trail to Lindeman Lake. When the friends arrived at the lake, the man couldn't be found. They searched up and down the two-kilometre trail, but turned up nothing. 

So far he is 0 for 3 when it comes to honesty....

Edited by Martin

Here is another one of Paulides stories from the C2C interview.

Paulides speaks of Doerr Kunz he said his grand parents were watching him and turned their eyes for a split second and looked back and the child was gone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3161336/Distraught-parents-two-year-old-boy-vanished-broad-daylight-Idaho-campground-asks-leads-boy.html

The truth is that the parents thought the grand parents were watching him and the grand parents though he was with his parents....

"Kunz said they had thought his grandparent was looking after him but the child's grandfather thought that his parents had him. "

Peel the onion 

Paulides has been criticized for sloppy work like this from the start.

The status quo isn't always correct, true enough. The beautiful thing about science is that when evidence for "the hobbits" was presented it wsa challenged, the evidence stood the test of the challenges and "the hobbit" is now accepted and acknowledged. Science will do the same for sasquatch if the same level of evidence is ever presented. Science and scientists don't have it out for sasquatch, although the conspiracy minded here will disagree, there just isn't any evidence thus far.

My question is why? With a range as large as described, with as many sightings near main roads/human habitations as described and there is still no hair,blood,scat,bone,habitation site,etc. Add to that the lack of fossil evidence/and lack of evidence from the die off we were discussing previously. For me, it adds up to an animal which is a pop culture phenomenon rather than a flesh and blood animal. Seen in that context the lack of evidence from all of the road side/ near human habitation sightings is less perplexing, no?

no doubt about it, there is pop culture at work. and i dont believe every report i read either.

but this isnt the same thing as Godzilla or the creature from the black lagoon either. it just didnt pop out of a 1970s B movie. We have been over this before. This myth is pre columbian and we have fossil evidence of something akin to the creature existing in the past. Same for a thunderbird. Same with Godzilla too minus the 65 million year old KT boundary.........

I like pliestocene odds better.

Nope.  Sightings, consistent; tracks, cross-indexing to the animal people are seeing...that one would presume left the tracks even if no one had seen one.  A film, neatly tying all together.

Real.  Proof.  In one line.

Don't overthink it, definitely.

Read that question again, unless you were personally involved in that cover-up.

So you're asking me for a cover up that I was directly involved in? Not sure of the relevance to the discussion but yes there was one cover up in Desert Storm that I was witness to which involved a soldier being killed. He was a reservist from New Mexico and was temporarily attached to our battalion, he died in a truck accident. The military rented civilian trucks with no seat belts. They knew about the problem but said drive them anyways. People drive absolutely bat crazy in Saudi Arabia, so no seat belts were high risk. His truck got hit hard and he went out the window and under some wheels. Our battalion commander told us to our faces that they were directly blaming him even though we all knew what really happened. If I knew his name I would gladly tell his parents what really happened.

For your own benefit. Hearing the truth from those down there that KNOW might cause you CA.

You don't need to worry about my benefit. How many more reasons are you going to come up with for not releasing details of the story? Seriously this is like excuse number four. If you really don't have any details then just say so.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

Isn't it though.  At least you aren't overthinking it; but we never had to worry 'bout that, didn't we.

Like I said, the ignore feature is working perfectly tonight.

It's all in how you use it.

It's pop culture. Enjoy it for what it's worth.

No reason to overthink BF.

so then why did pacnw indians carve masks that were unmistakably ape like or more archaic prior to European contact?

i' d say your underthinking it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

so then why did pacnw indians carve masks that were unmistakably ape like or more archaic prior to European contact?

i' d say your underthinking it.

How did the builders in the middle ages build churches in the shape of a cross when seen from above when they had no means to fly?