Sasquatch Chronicles

Guest SoFla

SSR Team

A far, far, far better radio show on this subject ?

Monster X with Shane Corson and Gunnar Monson, all day long.

I'm amazed that the host of SasCON can find so many people who've had harrowing experiences weekly. I seem to remember Ketchum and loads of other experiencers telling us all that sasquatches are gentle forest people (possibly with angel DNA) and all of a sudden here comes this fellow who works for a texas entertainment attorney who claims to have a scary encounter during a full moon or was it a meteor shower or maybe it was a very strong night of "northern lights".

Anywhoo, the missing 411 guy starts hitting the rounds of the paranormal shows with his fear the woods stories. Then,amazingly, this guy jumps in with a story (which has been debunked from top to bottom) and finds endless numbers of scary encounters stories to foist onto a fearful audience? Did sasquatches all catch rabies or something? What happened to the ones who draw flowers and eat pancakes? When did they all become ambush predators? OR, could it be, just maybe, that fear sells? Just like the news, which seeks to keep us scared and watching?

Yes, I fully admit to being a government agent. Pack your bags, we'll be by to pick you up shortly. :keeporder:

Sorry, but I'm think you are full of it.

^^^Plus one

You see, I happen to believe that the people who DO see some of these types of paranormal things are MEANT to see them, perhaps even chosen.

special people. This is the sort of thinking which is terrifying to me. This thinking allows people to do horrific things in the names of those who have "chosen" them. I am only a tool of "x" (fill in your excuse here).

Seriously, this sort of pathology is really, really scary for what it allows the acts a person will commit if they honestly believe they've been chosen to do so.

Really seem to be pumping the Sas Chronicles tires here.... Wes is this you? :biggrin:

yeah, Maybe subscriptions are drying up??

So we have gone from 70% BS now up to Adam's assessment of 90% BS...do we have 95? 92? You know what's funny I find 90% of the people who deny deny deny everything here to be totally dishonest trollodites-no maybe 86%

Well it is a discussion forum. Different opinions happen on a discussion forum. Sounds like you want a support group, where they just feed your need.

Guest SoFla

SoFla, on 07 Jul 2015 - 6:24 PM, said:snapback.png

You see, I happen to believe that the people who DO see some of these types of paranormal things are MEANT to see them, perhaps even chosen.

Bodhi

special people. This is the sort of thinking which is terrifying to me. This thinking allows people to do horrific things in the names of those who have "chosen" them. I am only a tool of "x" (fill in your excuse here).

Seriously, this sort of pathology is really, really scary for what it allows the acts a person will commit if they honestly believe they've been chosen to do so.

SoFla,

Man Bodhi that's such a massive leap of ridiculousness that it doesn't even deserve the thought out reply that I just erased after spending 10 minutes thinking and writing about

Edited by SoFla

Guest SoFla

Yeah, you tell 'im Sofla..or..er..don't tell him..or..um...tell him that you were gonna tell him.

sometimes the best thing you can say is nuthin'

sometimes the best thing you can say is nuthin'

^This.

Sometimes you just have to consider your point made and move on. Too many don't realize that.

Guest ChasingRabbits

I always found it curious that the gentle forest creature theory became de rigueur when the older accounts were not-so-friendly forest creatures.

I always found it curious that the gentle forest creature theory became de rigueur when the older accounts were not-so-friendly forest creatures.

Change in mindset, change in the culture.  Look at the newspaper articles from 1850.  We came from a decidedly "conquer the wilderness" mindset where everything not under cultivation or domesticated was seen in a negative light ... look what we did to wolves, grizzly bears, and Native Americans.   Now we look back and most feel a twinge of guilt or at least regret.

Why should our view of bigfoot / wildmen / "what is it"s be any different?  Why would it not change just like our view of everything else?

I'd be surprised if it were otherwise.   

Most likely, we were going too far one direction before, too far the other now ... that's how us humans operate.   We do not stop at balance, we just pass it at high speed going overboard in one direction, then again going in the other.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

Guest ChasingRabbits

Change in mindset, change in the culture.  Look at the newspaper articles from 1850.  We came from a decidedly "conquer the wilderness" mindset where everything not under cultivation or domesticated was seen in a negative light ... look what we did to wolves, grizzly bears, and Native Americans.   Now we look back and most feel a twinge of guilt or at least regret.

Why should our view of bigfoot / wildmen / "what is it"s be any different?  Why would it not change just like our view of everything else?

I'd be surprised if it were otherwise.   

Most likely, we were going too far one direction before, too far the other now ... that's how us humans operate.   We do not stop at balance, we just pass it at high speed going overboard in one direction, then again going in the other.

MIB

But for the pendulum to swing from one extreme to the other is too extremist, imo.

This topic temporarily closed.

If your post has disappeared it is due to one of the following:

It was a personal attack - Attacking the arguer rather than the argument

It quoted a post with a personal attack and responded to it, rather than reporting it.

It attempted to moderate the ongoing violations rather than reporting them.

All of these posts have been hidden. Until we have a chance to clean this mess up and determine which posts have earned warnings, this thread will remain closed.

MOD STATEMENT

Rather than giving warnings to everyone who crossed the line in their posts, I am going to delete those posts, any posts who quoted and responded to a post in violation, or attempted to moderate posts without using the report button.

If it continues, the personal attacks, the jabs, the bickering.... and you have been warned at least once or your post has been pulled for this reason, you will be banned from this topic.