Should We Consider Sasquatch On 'enemy'?

TD-40

Right. It was very likely an idea in THEIR heads. 

And it's very unlikely it was BF who were responsible for the majority of those disappearances. Some, maybe; even undoubtedly. But who you encounter in the woods, and in your life, has a lot to do with the energy YOU put out. There is still a relationship between YOU and your thoughts and what "happens" to you. 

For all y'all number freaks who like to say that the "truth" of who the BF are is somewhere "in between" monster and normal, nice people, pleeeeeeeeze consider this: There is no "in between". Every BF is an individual, just as every person is an individual, with their own unique personalities. There is no "in-between personality" that can be attributed to every BF. So what you end up having to acknowledge (if you're a numbers person) is that evaluating your "true" level of safety in these matters is a matter of statistics, not a matter of determining the "truth" of who the BF are.

Now, "true" statistics are hard to pull together, if you don't know how many BF there are in the world, versus how many people go missing in unknown circumstances (note the "unknown"). But if you accept, as I do, that they are all over this nation and all over this planet, you have to see that the number of people who have encounters and/or "disappear" must be a tiny number, compared to the number who could disappear, if every BF were a rotten monster, just jones-in' for a taste of hairless person flesh. 

And how do I know that BF are all over this nation and all over this planet? Because of all those experienced woods people who never encounter them -- who have sooooooo much knowledge of the woods that they "know" there are no BF in the woods. All those "experienced" woods people have either been getting signs of BF presence the entire time, and ignoring it, or have been just plain oblivious. And how do I know this? How do I know how little value the "testimony" of experienced woods people actually has? Because of people like Mike Woolsey. Mike Woolsey said, when he saw, with his own eyes, one BF whistle to another BF (and I'm quoting from memory here): "I had heard that sound hundreds of times in my life, but thought it was a bird." So much for "experienced woods people" who know "all about" the woods and "know" there are no BF out there!!!!! Looks like it's the EXACT OPPOSITE. "Experienced woods people" don't have a clue. BF are all over the place, and WE are oblivious. 

So if there are that many BF around that "experienced woods people" don't even know they're there, even when they're whistling to each other all the time and making whatever OTHER noises those woods people choose to disregard and ignore, and basically carrying on all around us and having a fine old time, then I would say that statistics would indicate that the vast majority of BF people must be completely uninterested in harming you. In other words, the vast majority of BF people are either kind, or at the very least, respectful

Statistically speaking, it appears you have as much chance of getting harmed by a BF person as you do getting hit by lightning. And if you go into the woods with no desire to harm a BF person in any way, I'm willing to bet your odds drop down even further. 

But there are people on this planet who love to be afraid. I will never take that away from anybody. Roller coasters can be fun! Horror movies are a blast! If that's what you floats your boat, by all means, be afraid of someone who evidently has as much interest in hurting you as they do poking themselves in the eye with a sharp stick. Knock yourself out!!!!

But if you're genuinely interested in being out in the woods and living your life and enjoying those woods as much as you can, take some comfort from the knowledge that the vast majority of BF are reasonable people and won't interfere with you in any way.

And for the even smaller number of people who have a genuine interest in connecting with a BF person out in the woods -- not exploiting them, but connecting -- you have some great and wonderful adventures in front of you. I'm excited for those people, and can't wait to hear their stories. 

• Upvote 1

I have ongoing interactions with a bunch of BF people, and there are no "enemies" among them -- only beings that bring great joy and fun into my life.

How do you know they aren't just letting you fatten up so they can eat you?

I have been eating more sweets, partly because of them....... But I'm too vain to get fat, so if that's what they're waiting for, it's gonna be a long wait.

And I think they would've done something by now, if they were gonna eat me. It's been three years.... They're patient, but they're not THAT patient.

So, not a concern here. 

I'd only worry about 'em fattening me up if THEY start gifting ME ... and raccoon ain't gonna cut it.

MIB

I have been eating more sweets, partly because of them....... But I'm too vain to get fat, so if that's what they're waiting for, it's gonna be a long wait.

See! They're in your head. They are making you eat more to get some meat and fat on your bones (I hear they like the soft, squishy parts)

And I wouldn't be so sure about not getting fat, remember, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips".

Yep, you are definitely a future project they are working on. A walking food cache. Get your confidence, get you fat, then WHAM!, you're dinner.

Edited by Rockape

Nooooo! I'm trying to save you. Please don't become a happy meal for a BF,.

But if you insist, always have a toy with you, don't cheat the BF kiddies. They look forward to those toys. It's like Cracker Jacks, they're just not as good without the toy.

Nobody waits three years for dinner. I'm totally safe. 

And the BF kids are easy to please. They're thrilled to have a human to jump out and say "boo" to -- especially when they know the human thinks they're the cutest things ever. They like having attention, and they like practicing being brave.

So you ARE the toy. They really don't need anything else. 

So, no worries there, either. But I like your ideas. Keep those positive thoughts flowing....  

• Upvote 2

I'd only worry about 'em fattening me up if THEY start gifting ME ... and raccoon ain't gonna cut it.

MIB

I wouldn't like a gift of raccoon, either.

Berries, on the other hand, would be nice (and aren't very fattening).  

LT, 

My positive thought is that I positively don't suppose you'd provide your location so that the pro-kill group can cull one of the herd and put this question positively to rest, correct?

Leaftalker, when you are out there with your bigfoot people, do you ever try to collect evidence? I mean, a few hairs is all it takes. Do any of them, especially the babies ever drool? A q-tip swabbed in a little drool would be great. Have you learned how to properly collect evidence and do you take with you the proper tools to do so? These things would easily fit in a pocket.

In answer to your questions, no; I have no idea; no; and no.

But I think there's a bigger question behind those little ones, and I think we can explore that bigger question with a little story.  

Here is the story.

Somehow, you become friendly with a very famous but very shy person, Robert De Niro. He recognizes you to be a kind, open-hearted person, and you see the same qualities in him, so you start hanging out with him at his home on a regular basis, sometimes once a month, sometimes weekly.

One day, three years into this friendship, a paparazzo catches you leaving De Niro’s home, and the next day, you get a call from People magazine. The editor says to you, “Nobody knows much about De Niro; he’s so private! And our readership and the staff at People are…curious about him. So if you take this little listening device and secretly stick it under a tabletop one day as you’re talking with De Niro, we’ll give you $500,000.â€

What would you do, Rockape?

Hello LeafTalker,

I respect what you're trying to do here but a physical Robert DeNiro is KNOWN to exist by millions. Perhaps a different analogy? 

Edited by hiflier