Should We Consider Sasquatch On 'enemy'?

TD-40

Haven't been closely following this thread, but should have. I totally agree with Gumshoeye and Norseman about the cartoon, Totally silly.

BF does talk, no question in my mind about that. If you hear one talking just as it passes a sound dish, 50 feet away, and your are listening to the amplified sounds with headphones at 2 AM in the boondocks, it's not something you will soon forget. When, a few seconds later, it's looking into the back window of a camper shell where you've been sleeping, and its about 3 feet from you, the sight and sounds are never forgotten.

If you listen to the Sierra Sounds CD closely, you will hear one of the big males ask a question of the men, and repeat it when the men don't respond. The question to the reader is; what is the question the BF is asking? :-)

They are a clan of humans, but not modern humans. They will live, forage and eat in a particular area until modern humans or natural disasters force them to leave. The will abide human presence as long as we do not interfere with their hunting/foraging, or try to ambush them - with gun or camera - at their cold water drinking sources in hot weather, or try to approach the family's bedding site day or night. Otherwise, they are simply having a little fun when they mess with folks, especially late at night. If anyone spends enough time in their territory, both day and night, and you show no fear of them, and show respect for their rules, one or more will eventually allow you to briefly and clearly see them.

They realize that us humans are more advanced than they. In the back of my mind I believe that natural instincts urge them to capture and mate with Homo sapiens to improve their blood lines. It may be that they think that by kidnapping children, removing their clothing and carrying them into the boonies, they hope to raise them so that the children can then teach them the things that we know. They don't (or can't) understand that our children can't survive in the wilderness as their's do. (As mentioned, this paragraph is absolutely without a whit of evidence, and solely a thought that often enters my gourd.)

• Upvote 3

So ... lets think about this.   We have two steering committee members acknowledging a problem.   

If anyone has any ability to do something about it, you do.   You both have report buttons.  If what is happening is a rules violation, REPORT IT.  If it is not strictly a violation ... well, question: are you, as steering committee members, somehow banned from proposing rules changes?    If you are, please tell me what you think should be requested, in what language, to effect the change, and I'll propose it for you.  If you are allowed to do so, PLEASE propose it yourselves.

MIB

Thanks for the advice, but we're way ahead of you on that.

The quickest way to shut down and disrupt serious discussion is posting cartoons …   

No, the quickest way to disrupt a serious discussion is to make a big deal out of the cartoon.

I found the cartoon to be on topic and funny. I think there is room for a laugh or two during these serious discussions.

WesT,

No one is the butt of the joke. I'm guessing you were to mature to click on it and are assuming it was some kind of jab at believers. It's just a post meant to give a chuckle.

And now back to our serious discussion...

Please be sure to post the conclusion to the serious discussion.  It is certain to be of great importance so a summary would be appreciated.  I have a lot to learn from all of you "gumshoes" and other experts.

Nakani, as usual you're right again. I didn't watch it. Now if it had Foghorn Leghorn or Yosemite Sam in it, I'm there. I'll watch it though, just to see for myself.

Drats, to late. I'll take your word on it. Thanks for setting me straight.

Please be sure to post the conclusion to the serious discussion.  It is certain to be of great importance so a summary would be appreciated.  I have a lot to learn from all of you "gumshoes" and other experts.

Sorry, no experts in this field. But give it time, a week on the forum won't teach you much. 

• Upvote 1

It's possible they were considered a competitor for the same food sources at one time. But we have grocery stores now which alleiviates the need to get dinner out of the woods. I'm going to say no, not an enemy. I think I got "fussed" at once, but I've never felt threatened.

Admin

LeafTalker, sorry if you have already answered this, it's a long thread and I haven't read all of it...

Do you still have the note the BF wrote to you? Is it possible for you to scan it and post it here?

It would be awesome to see it!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Gigantor, I was away for a while and lost track of this thread. As I told Rockape, the note was nothing earth-shattering. It was essentially just a greeting. But I'm not comfortable sharing the note or a picture of it. I think it was given to me in confidence, and I should keep it that way. Sorry about that.

Yes, and it was nothing earth-shattering. But I'm feeling nervous talking about this all of a sudden, because I'm a little afraid what I'm saying could be seen as a violation of a confidence.  Yikes. May have to check into this a little more...

:(