Should We Consider Sasquatch On 'enemy'?

TD-40

Take the money duh. Id sell out my mother for far less. Id sell off a pack of Bigfoot for a meal at mcdonalds if thats all i could get. Id be enjoying that big mac while they drag the poor juveniles away in chains to captivity, testing, dissection, and death.

Hello LeafTalker,

I respect what you're trying to do here but a physical Robert DeNiro is KNOWN to exist by millions. Perhaps a different analogy? 

Thanks, Hiflier, and no, in my view, there is no analogy that would be closer.   

There's a fine conundrum for individuals who have identified a research area where they routinely track, photograph, and even interact with, a Bigfoot or family group (2-4 individuals).  

On the one hand, there should be no reason to ever give out even a hint of where you are located or the activities going on there as doing so could lead unscrupulous individuals to attempt to poach a Bigfoot or two.  Let's face it, poachers are probably the greatest danger to large "trophy" wildlife and there are probably many individuals who would love to have a stuffed sasquatch in the corner of their den, even if they could not regularly show it off or had to pronounce it a clever fake to most.  In fact, it would almost serve an investigator in such a situation to deny the existence of any Bigfoot and proclaim their section of the country to be a dry well.

On the other hand, obtaining credible evidence (photographs, DNA swabs, hair and stool samples) could be the key to proving the necessary evidence to support the enactment of laws protecting the big fella and stirring public support on the side of the Bigfoot, like the "protect the Tiger" commercials that are on TV a lot these days.  

It is, fortunately, a scenario I'm unlikely to ever deal with as my current locale is too close to New York City to ever support a viable population. 

In answer to your questions, no; I have no idea; no; and no.

But I think there's a bigger question behind those little ones, and I think we can explore that bigger question with a little story.  

Here is the story.

Somehow, you become friendly with a very famous but very shy person, Robert De Niro. He recognizes you to be a kind, open-hearted person, and you see the same qualities in him, so you start hanging out with him at his home on a regular basis, sometimes once a month, sometimes weekly.

One day, three years into this friendship, a paparazzo catches you leaving De Niro’s home, and the next day, you get a call from People magazine. The editor says to you, “Nobody knows much about De Niro; he’s so private! And our readership and the staff at People are…curious about him. So if you take this little listening device and secretly stick it under a tabletop one day as you’re talking with De Niro, we’ll give you $500,000.â€

What would you do, Rockape?

Bad analogy LT. The BF's wouldn't know you did anything, unless they have internet.

If you can produce evidence that proves they exist they will be placed on the endangered species list affording them protection, plus no one will be out there trying to kill one just to prove they exist. Jane Goodall and Dian Fossey would be angry with you for not performing a simple step and protecting the species.

Wrong on all counts, Rockape. 

They understand our intentions, know our thoughts, and can predict our actions. (You've been told this before.)

They know we are a backward bunch, as a whole, and protect nothing. You think placing them on the endangered species list would prevent people from killing them? Have you looked around you lately? What killing of ANYTHING has ever stopped on this planet? We kill each other with gleeful abandon. They see this, and they understand that there is no 'protection' to be had from us. 

How can you not see this? 

<Wrong on all counts, Rockape. 

They understand our intentions, know our thoughts, and can predict our actions. (You've been told this before.)>

I'm old and forgetful. But how would they avoid it? Hide their hair? It's not like they would detect ill intentions, since you have none. Ask them if you can have some hair, they might give it to you.

<They know we are a backward bunch, as a whole, and protect nothing. You think placing them on the endangered species list would prevent people from killing them? Have you looked around you lately? What killing of ANYTHING has ever stopped on this planet? We kill each other with gleeful abandon. They see this, and they understand that there is no 'protection' to be had from us.>

It would not be a guarantee they would not be killed, but it would make it much less likely. People who would kill one would know it comes with severe consequences (like the dentist who killed the protected lion.) As of now they are unprotected, you could be their saviour.

<How can you not see this?>

Maybe the bigfoots blanked my mind.

Maybe the bigfoots blanked my mind.

No doubt your mind HAS been "blanked"! :tease:   (Thank you, Gene Rayburn!) 

MIB

• Upvote 1

Wrong on all counts, Rockape. 

They understand our intentions, know our thoughts, and can predict our actions. (You've been told this before.)

They know we are a backward bunch, as a whole, and protect nothing. You think placing them on the endangered species list would prevent people from killing them? Have you looked around you lately? What killing of ANYTHING has ever stopped on this planet? We kill each other with gleeful abandon. They see this, and they understand that there is no 'protection' to be had from us. 

How can you not see this?

Because it is not the facts.........

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/wolf-recovery-a-great-success-story-federal-official-says/article_7f63f254-da05-5c1e-8b30-914d2bd92005.html

Thats just one species, everything from Bull trout to Lynx enjoy the protection of the Endangered Species act. And is better because of it.

No doubt your mind HAS been "blanked"! :tease:   (Thank you, Gene Rayburn!) 

MIB

A "Match Game" reference? Plussed!

Because it is not the facts.........

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/wolf-recovery-a-great-success-story-federal-official-says/article_7f63f254-da05-5c1e-8b30-914d2bd92005.html

Thats just one species, everything from Bull trout to Lynx enjoy the protection of the Endangered Species act. And is better because of it.

The hairy people are not lynxes or fish. They are people. As long as you continue to confuse basic human rights issues – the right to be treated with basic common decency, and the right to be left alone – with wildlife management issues, you will continue to remain in the darkness in which you currently find yourself.      

• Upvote 1