Sounds Of The Night

Lake County Bigfooot

The infrasound theory has merit especially when you consider it has both offensive and defensive applications as they could communicate with each other over great distances w/o our cognizance of such and as a defensive strategy if we get too close for comfort and they just wish to disorient us instead of making a greasy spot in the forest floor of an errant homo sapien.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Elephants and whales use to to communicate and locate each other.

Probably can use it to intimidate in the case of an elephant with that deep bass rumbling.

LCB, I finally got to checking the banging moan howl audio. It's certainly in the range of supposed Bigfoot vocal range. Yotes will also sometimes dip into this range so a yote is not out of the picture. Me and a friend, thinks if it is a Bigfoot at all, it could even be a juvenile. I also need to quickly mention, this is just my opinion, not saying it's Bigfoot...

I find single howls like this more interesting. Like you said, usually an alpha male will start off with a few yells then the pack will join in.. This is certainly not always true though. Around my house is at the base of a mountain, lots of woods and single freeway and not lot of neighbors. I get single yotes in my yard all the time. Shot three this year already. I have never seen nor heard any yote packs in my area. Sometimes you hear a single yote yell couple of times but it's very rare here for a single one to yell at all. But just several miles from my house in one of my main research areas in a state forest, there is several different yote packs... I only hear the alpha start off then the rest of the pack joins in. But I don't think I've ever heard one single yote go off by itself in this place.

I always found it odd that so many single ones is around my house but they are never joined in a pack. We've also got audio of what we think is a Bigfoot starting off a fake yote yell just to get the yote packs going for some reason... All of a sudden out of no where you get this yell then off in the distance from this single yell, you hear the yote pack start going off. We have each single alpha yote on audio and we can tell which pack it is from the different areas. And it's not one of them. It also is in a slightly different vocal range and just plain does not sound like a real yote.. I think they do it just to agitate the yotes and or use it to help the rustle deer or something. Which touches on another subject I'd like to mention... If something sounds off then make sure to keep a recording of it.. Bigfoot is great at mimic'ing certain animals but they never sound just like that animal... It's always off somewhat.. When you listen to so much audio it will start some come naturally to tell these things. So basically if something sounds off, it might be Bigfoot. If that yote yell sounds weird or lasts an unusual length the keep it and check it out. Real yote yells does not last that long... Supposed Bigfoot audio is a lot more powerful and most of the time lasts lot longer than real yotes.

I'm gonna listen to the banging again, just can't get a grip on it right now..  Sometimes I gotta listen to something a few times before I can give my opinion on what could be making it..

Edited by TritonTr196

Thanks for the input, it concurs with what I think and what I have heard as well. I will use that piece on identifying the alpha male coyotes in my area. I mentioned that what I think happens is that the adult Sasquatch have been leaving a younger one in the marsh to train on its own in terms of hunting the small amphibians and interacting with the coyote. I do not know how old or how big the individual is, maybe I have been looking for those large prints, when what I should be looking for is smaller. I really hope to prove, "To Myself", that this is actually occurring. I would be equally as happy to prove to myself it is not at all Sasquatch, that would leave me a lot more free time and freedom of thoughts. Well until then, thanks for all the interesting stuff!!!

Concerning the coyote vocals and the first howl, don't let this type of call get confused with the call below.

The first call in this file is most suspect (possible primate) while the second is definitely a canine.

Recorded in Texas.

Stmn_howls.mp3

The first call above is just like the last call in the first segment of this you tube video posted earlier.

From Georgia.

I never saw the creature make the vocal, but I agree that it sounds like a person, but I , like the man states in his video, think it lives in the wild.

Awesome stuff, will listen more. I have some older coyote recordings I need to find from a rural location that I'm sure has some BF activity. In my main area I've recorded a believed lone coyote that went on for a long time, which I thought very odd, like an hour or more. I guess it could have been a pet, but it was unusual. No idea where it is atm. I really need to organize all the data I've collected. It's a slow process...

Remember the laughing bigfoot recording, I forget the actual name, but it sounded like a Hyena. I found a fox recording that was very close to that exact type of sound. Coonbo and Bear say that they do use that sound when they laugh, whether or not it sounds like a fox, they still might be the one making the sound. I think they also use coyote imitation, owl imitation, and other bird sounds commonly, as has been suspected and recorded. We should all have a folder specifically for imitation type sounds, and maybe we can nail down what is imitation somehow. I know that I have had strange metallic whistle response to my whistle. It made me hasten into the house because I was caught off guard. Thing is, you usually do not expect to hear something in a recording, and often I have dismissed something that may have been something. I do not approach it like every sound might be a sasquatch, it really has to stick out. Or in the case of my previous recordings, the moaning was a response to tree banging, and me slamming a door, that was the only two times in months of recording I heard that moaning sound. Maybe the coyotes just respond that way to primate behavior, whether bigfoot or human. Or maybe that is a means of imitation to communicate.

I don't remember a laughing recording, would like to hear it. Yep, it's good to know the animals in your area. I had a loud whistle type recording that was a question mark until I recorded more of them and figured out it was barn owls. They don't hoot, pretty cool shriek type sound.

Here's an interesting comparison of sounds from different dates. The first clip is coyotes, but there seems to be possibly something unusual in there. The second clip is a single abbreviated howl with no other related sounds. Compare it to the initial sounds in the first. Use headphones and high volume.

howlsnyotes.mp3

singleyote.mp3

• 3 weeks later...

I have questions for anyone who records. I've got my Sony device record level volume set to 2 and high mic sensitivity. When I started out, it was at 3, but the results seemed louder than real time sound would be, so I dropped it down to get closer to "real sounds". Some of the great recordings you folks get sound louder and clearer to me than mine. So, do you amplify afterward or set your rec level higher? When I post, I'm always reminding to use high volume for full effect, so just curious.

Here are a couple from last night. I hope SY gets around to this, the first one I believe is two coughs and a sniff. Pretty sure it wasn't a human. The second is similar to many I record, a rock clack or mouth pop. They're usually quieter though. There were many obvious taps and knocks, etc. for a few hours.

160529_01cough.wav

160529_01loudpop.wav