Taking Stock Of Cryptid Hominids

norseman

BFF Patron

It is registered in her name.

But how is this relevant? Your just attempting to muddy the waters again.

How the Hobbit was presented to science was the right way.

How Ketchum's paper was presented to science was the wrong way.

End of story.

Actually it could have been presented to science by the means in which she did it, which is by means of peer-reviewed open access journals.  When you concoct a website and supposedly buy a journal (whose volumes to date only include an article which is yours) and then charge access for your article with no transparency, and no accountability, I would say it is not easy to see what is right about that.  And further, many bloggers and reviewers have come to the same conclusions.  Thinking about Over the Line Smokey and then this one:  (make sure to read the comments, it gets deeper):  https://apeimmortal.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/melba-ketchums-bigfoot-dna-study-the-questionable-ethics-of-creating-a-journal-to-bypass-peer-review/

I would say Ketchum may have been the best at hybridizing the stock out of but maybe not taking stock of, "cryptid hominids" after all. JMHO based on timelines that make no sense and paint a desperate picture.   

Edited by bipedalist

Let's face it. Nature magazine was never going to publish her findings because her paper was garbage. Hence the reason why she opted to buy her own website and publish it there.

And now that we know it is virtually impossible for humans and neanderthals to create a hybrid species between themselves.

Its absolutely impossible for Meganthropus/Hedielbergensis/Gigantopethicus or other giant archaic ape man to breed to human women 12000 years ago and create a race of Bigfeets.

But yanno? Dreams die hard, especially when you have a toxic distrust of science.

In English......please.

It means, the peasants then come out with their pitchforks and torches, screaming, "kill the monster" (Grendel, et. al.) and scour the mountains, looking for the target of their ignorance.

Guest Crowlogic

It has been demonstrated time and time again that whenever bigfoot science and bigfoot paradigms are brought under the light of true science and true science paradigms that bigfootism is invited to remain the entertaining sideshow it's always been.  Notwithstanding is that a single example of Hobbit remains constitutes an all but infinite amount more that the sum total of actual bigfoot material.

Crow -

If it was left in your hands, the once flat earth would have stayed flat because science would have only examined unanswered questions at most once and only in the most superfluous ways so they could speedily return to the smug certainty they already know all there is to be known.  

Fortunately for all people with curiosity and imagination, it's not up to you to decide.

MIB

Guest Crowlogic

^Negative.  It is common for bigfooters to adorn themselves with an overblown sense of self importance about what they are supposedly contributing to scientific and human knowledge bank.  Science isn't moved forward by excuses and fantasy.  I hate to break it to you but one short trip around the bigfoot block of "facts, paradigms, and personalities" is more than adequate to send it packing and consigning it to remain as off campus from serious science as possible.   Bigfooters seem to think that skeptics and the unfaithful are lacking in awe and imagination.  Well now  please expound upon how bigfoot awe and wonder is advancing either it's own cause or the cause of true science?  I'll tell you flat out that the only thing the search for bigfoot is doing is providing information for the social scientists who concern themselves with social phenomenons like bigfootism, or a bit of $$$ for the more established /clever bigfooters and some revenue for the media.  MIB you mention flat earth.  Well as far as I've been able to deduce bigfootism is perpetuating a version of anthropological flat earth by that which created bigfootism and that which sustains it.  It is great fun it's entertaining from both sides but for very different reasons I'm sure are aware.

Crow, that's a load of manure - you sure do make a lot of assumptions and give contrived attributes to "Bigfooters."

I don't think skeptics are lacking in awe and imagination - I myself never gave these things a moment's consideration, and since I thought I'd been almost everywhere, and seen almost everything - I was a lot like you.  

I don't have a cause.  And I wasn't searching for Bigfoot, since they were not even in my universe.  Didn't know anything about them, and didn't care.  Nor did I care that I didn't care.

I don't care anything about proving diddly-squat to science.  I go again, I won't be returning without one.  I guarantee I won't be going for science. They already have zero interest at all in re-writing their anthropology, biology, and archaeological texts.  

I was ignorant.  Now I'm not.

• Upvote 1

It has been demonstrated time and time again that whenever bigfoot science and bigfoot paradigms are brought under the light of true science and true science paradigms that bigfootism is invited to remain the entertaining sideshow it's always been.  Notwithstanding is that a single example of Hobbit remains constitutes an all but infinite amount more that the sum total of actual bigfoot material.

I don't consider you a true scientist or qualified to declare what is and is not true science.

^Negative.  It is common for bigfooters to adorn themselves with an overblown sense of self importance

Anyone got a mirror?

Edited by JDL
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Norse, and yes just evidence.

Here's another one they're not sure how old or where it fits yet.

Homo naledi

Seems to be modern human below the waist. Bipedal. And primitive above the waist; shoulders, hands and skull. Quite a mixture.

Our family tree seems to be going through some overhauls. :)

Hi BTW, I cut the cable cable cord a few month back and got a Roku streaming device to access TV. I signed up for the PBS channel (free of course) and can stream any episode of Nova I want to watch. I watched the episode about Rising Star Cave in South Africa and the discovery of Homo naledi. Very enlightening, a must watch for all interested.

How they explained it is this. All the parts of Homo Naledi that came into direct contact with the environment (hands, feet, teeth) were Homo, while the rest was like an Australopithecine.

Australopithecines are not in the Homo family. Homo Naledi is a mix of the two and because there were so many bones in the cave (of old, or very young, individuals), it's theorized if was used as a place for Homo Naledi to place their dead.

Guest Crowlogic

I don't consider you a true scientist or qualified to declare what is and is not true science.

^Negative.  It is common for bigfooters to adorn themselves with an overblown sense of self importance

Anyone got a mirror?

And what else can be expected from a bigfoot proponent such as yourself?  Since you are at odds with my science and the science I adhere to can we please see what your brand of science has brought to the table that rivals that of real science.  

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Homo naledi

Seems to be modern human below the waist. Bipedal. And primitive above the waist; shoulders, hands and skull. Quite a mixture.

Hi BTW, I cut the cable cable cord a few month back and got a Roku streaming device to access TV. I signed up for the PBS channel (free of course) and can stream any episode of Nova I want to watch. I watched the episode about Rising Star Cave in South Africa and the discovery of Homo naledi. Very enlightening, a must watch for all interested.

How they explained it is this. All the parts of Homo Naledi that came into direct contact with the environment (hands, feet, teeth) were Homo, while the rest was like an Australopithecine.

Australopithecines are not in the Homo family. Homo Naledi is a mix of the two and because there were so many bones in the cave (of old, or very young, individuals), it's theorized if was used as a place for Homo Naledi to place their dead.

The interpretation of the cave used as burial will not survive scrutiny of the scientific community.

An overly enthusiastic interpretation by the discover.

Crow, science is a slow process and not for people who lack patience and want answers right now. The answers will come, we just have to be patient and let science do it's job. You'd like that PBS show I watched. I'm pretty sure you can find it on youtube. It was way cool, a must see.

Homo naledi

The interpretation of the cave used as burial will not survive scrutiny of the scientific community.

An overly enthusiastic interpretation by the discover.

You missed the part about theorized.

Guest Crowlogic

Crow, science is a slow process and not for people who lack patience and want answers right now. The answers will come, we just have to be patient and let science do it's job. You'd like that PBS show I watched. I'm pretty sure you can find it on youtube. It was way cool, a must see.

Indeed it is a slow process.  But we're well over a half century into the modern bigfoot era and are at a 100% worldwide failure to produce bigfoot or any of it's cohorts.  At some point it sinks in there's nothing to any of it no matter how engaging the concept is.

Edited by Crowlogic