If Bigfoot Were Real.

Incorrigible1

MIB, you seem to have a pretty good approach - and best of all - it works for you!

highflier - you seem to have a pretty good grasp on what it would take to harvest one.  Your point about who would be guarding while the loading is going on is a mighty good point.  

Getting out once loaded is where I think some problems could still arise.  Just this week I found out two of the team members were at a second location we are certain another clan lives, and they had an eight-inch diameter log thrown across the trail right in front of them as they were coming back from the site.

Anything that can push over trees, throw logs, or even basketball sized rocks - but with the intent of revenge or stopping your exit progress to enable an attack or ambush can be somewhat problematic.  Getting there - not a problem.  Staying there - not a problem.  Bringing them in - not a problem.  Dropping one - not a problem.

But I'm convinced that in the next few minutes, the real problems start.

I completely agree FA. A creature that size is extremely strong (just try giving your house cat a bath!) but throw in an adrenalin rush and one can only imagine what could get thrown around or how accurately. A pack of Chimpanzees on a rampage would be an absolute nightmare. If these creatures are leery of guns firing off rounds- aimed or not- could keep them at distance. I cannot remember if you said you were armed during your first encounter but if you were and it was obvious you might not have gotten approached the way you did.

The point you bring up though where your team got lobbed on without the creatures showing themselves though says a lot about two things: They are shy of more than one Human? but don't probably don't think there's too much danger from two Humans if they lob a log. The other point is that they had to be pretty close to do that. Within 30 yards or so. Show of force and strength. So I agree, a volley of stones raining down from a hidden attacker on the way out would be quite worrisome. But setting up a vehicle for such could be done. Them doing that kind of technique is known but nonetheless it's valuable knowledge.   

Someone make a new thread on this on taking down one of these creatures and what it will take . Maybe I will share my ideas of what can be done. I do have some ideas and you do not have to go into the far reaches of wilderness to retrieve one. We have shot at them or at least one that was behind a tree. Yes, they have showed us their force and we have learned from it. Every living creature on earth has a weakness and finding that weakness is key. If you can get a clear picture of one then you can get a clear shot at one.

Anything that can push over trees, throw logs, or even basketball sized rocks - but with the intent of revenge or stopping your exit progress to enable an attack or ambush can be somewhat problematic.  Getting there - not a problem.  Staying there - not a problem.  Bringing them in - not a problem.  Dropping one - not a problem.

But I'm convinced that in the next few minutes, the real problems start

See I am not convinced of this since we have already shot at one behind a tree and it only attacked after we left our camp site. One of the researchers came into the camp right after we had left  and saw the mess. Now this was just minutes  after we had left  and we missed each other. He was by him self and felt no aggression towards him but seen that the camp was tossed around , with logs pressed into tree trunks of they Y of tree's. We have camped there over time and have never been attacked by them but they have let us know that they were there.  Now I show them no fear. Make a new thread and then we can talk more about this. If I drop one I am not going to say when it happens or who has the body. It will stay close to the chest. Like they saying in the Navy goes " loose lips sinks ships" well I stand by those words . I am off to a rodeo with my son today. 

4 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Every living creature on earth has a weakness and finding that weakness is key.

You are a living creature on earth.  They already know your weakness and exploit it every time they evade you.   You have to find your own weakness and patch it before there's any point in worrying about finding theirs.  

There's one we all share.   I don't know how to counteract it.   You're sure not going to counteract it if you are in denial that it can happen to you, too.

MIB 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MIB said:

You are a living creature on earth.  They already know your weakness and exploit it every time they evade you.   You have to find your own weakness and patch it before there's any point in worrying about finding theirs.  

There's one we all share.   I don't know how to counteract it.   You're sure not going to counteract it if you are in denial that it can happen to you, too.

MIB 

MIB, well said.

Here's what I know:  

They're a whole lot faster than I am.

They're a whole lot quicker than I am. 

They're a whole lot stronger than I am - or probably a half dozen grown men.  

They're a whole lot larger than I am.  

They can lift multiples of what I can lift.  

They can throw really heavy items I couldn't even lift.  

They are Masters of hiding.  

They have a built-in Ghillie suit.  

They can see as well as me in daylight.

They can see much better than me in low light.

They can see perfectly at night.

Their hearing is at least as good as mine.

Their sense of smell is much better than mine.

They can elect to move soundlessly when they choose.  I wear boots.

They can climb like nobody's business.

They can approach and do often approach from unanticipated lines of approach that I normally wouldn't consider possible.

They have endurance and power I don't have.

They can throw a lodge pole pine better than I can throw a javelin.

They can throw a softball sized rock with the same velocity I can shoot a ball bearing with a wrist rocket.

They can split a 30-inch tree trunk down the middle with strength alone that I can't.

They are the ultimate woodland predators - and I'm not.

They know every tree, rock, cranny and crevice in their territory - I don't.

They are team predators with tactical excellence - I'm at least aware of that.

Other than that - I hold all the cards.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

I think pro kill people should be very familiar with FarArcher's list.  If even half of it is valid, then bagging a BF is a very dangerous thing.   

^^

True that.

And if John Mionczynski is correct in his interpretations then breaking the necks of Elk is no mean feat either- never mind separating the head. Even peeling open the back of an animal such as an Elk or a deer says a lot if it is a Sasquatch doing the damage. Don't know if a cougar's claws and a bite to the neck can pull that off? Maybe so. 

Dully noted. Perhaps dully, in this case.

I'll assemble the points of the Bigfoot Mythos and post them, sometime. It should be fun.

Edited by Incorrigible1

BFF Patron
On 8/6/2016 at 6:34 PM, MIB said:

The report record certainly supports the idea of "no bigfoot left behind."    Siege of Honobia is one example.    I'm not going after them ... I might get one.   I don't want to live looking over my shoulder.   Right now, it's a game ... they count coup, I ... well, I try.  :) Everybody goes home at the end of the day alive and in one piece.   That's a pretty good thing.  I don't plan to screw it up.

MIB

Also the ape canyon incident the one that was known to be shot and fell down was not there the next morning.    So presumably it was either carried off or moved away by itself.   I would say that anyone that wants to ever return to the woods for hiking, hunting or whatever might not want to be on the bad side of a tribe of BF by shooting one and like you say spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder.     They seem to enjoy the hide and seek game for a time but can tire of it too.   I suppose if we get too disruptive in an active territory they might not want to play any more.    

35 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Dully noted. Perhaps dully, in this case.

I'll assemble the points of the Bigfoot Mythos and post them, sometime. It should be fun.

Sure. But first I would like you to refute FarArcher's account of what he's been telling us about his encounter on the mountain first.

Simple Inc1, you either accept it or you don't. If you don't then state your reasons. Not a refutation per se but it is a point to be addressed. In other words you can't refute the account without refuting the person making it first.

Edited by hiflier