If Bigfoot Were Real.

Incorrigible1

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Would make a great horror movie.  Not even sure hiding inside would do you any good.    The grandson of one of the Ape Canyon miners said that his grandfather said a BF had it's hand through a hole in the roof of the cabin and was trying to grab anyone it could reach.    They really do not like one of their own shot.     Maybe the finding BF film crew could finally get something on film?    I know they have good equipment.  

The "Finding Bigfoot" crew couldn't put the sneak on a cemetery.  They're about shooting entertainment.

The miners at Ape Canyon were miners on another task.  Me?  My defenses are layered and each one counters a different sense/capability.

We were few.  They were many.  Thus our tactics, you apparently don't approve of.  That's something else to consider - these critters have been observed dropped to their stomachs too, and even low-crawling to ingress or egress.  Everyone's looking for something seven or eight feet tall, while it may be in the grass the entire time they're overlooking it.

Or draw your attention away from what you want . But there is always that 1% chance that one will be caught off guard and there are reports that show this. One being shot and the witness scared of what might happen to him if he brought it in dead. Instead he buried the body and kept silent for awhile until he was ready to talk about it. Not one has stepped up with in my cameras range for a photo or a shot. As far as I know and from what I have experienced they can read us like a book.

What explanation will you have if you come up empty Fararcher? I am just wondering?

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

(Don't know what or where the above came from -)

What explanation will I have if I come up empty?

I won't have to explain anything - I won't come up empty.  I'm probably not like anyone you know.  I don't "hunt" for a few hours or few days and go home. 

There's really no hunting as I already know where a clan lives, where they pass, where they hunt, and where they get water.  I know how to get them to come in close, how to get them to return night after night, what we can get away with and what we can't, and what they find amusing.  

I know another mountain with a beautiful "bowl" where another clan lives with some great water.  And since I'll be out for three full months, with no need for breaks, or to go home, the possibility of somehow "coming up empty" isn't really a possibility.

Here's the thing.  I'm not a BF hunter or even a BF enthusiast.  I go, I go fully outfitted - just one camera I require, costs $2500 per week to rent - and I plan on having ten different cameras, representing five separate technologies, divided into two duplicate pods.  Put a pencil to just the cameras, and you'll understand that I'm not going just for the adventure.  I've had all the adventure I ever care to.  

I know what I need, and anything less - nope - it's a waste.  I hate "if I'd only gotten the .  .  .  ."

So, when I get everything I need, I'll go.  Shooting for next Summer.  It's (at least to me) a major investment.  To halfway do this to save a few bucks is a waste of time and money.  

I've seen some who've said, "I'd just go with ....." and tell them, "that's why no one is getting diddly squat." 

I'll do it per plan, in total, or I can sit at home - I have other things to do.

Is one of those cameras a fast acquisition motion tracker (camera solving)? I would think that or a universal base equipped with the technology so any camera technology could be mounted on it would be an appropriately high-priced gadget. 

No, it's not a FAMT.

They're all special technologies with the highest resolutions available to civilians.  Although, NASA just developed a new camera, and it works so well they're constructing another that will be doing special things for them - it's a multi-lens, blended image that eliminates differential glare - meaning no bright areas darken non-bright areas, enabling everything being seen equally.  Thing probably costs hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Yep. The first I had ever head of FAMT or at least the idea was back when NASA was researching Gamma Ray Bursts (GRBs). The bursts were so brief that by the time they swung the satellite the event was over. The newer Fermi Gamma Ray Telescope has the technology on board that aims the sensors in milliseconds which has greatly improved the study of these powerful deep space GRBs. They come in from everywhere. It's an interesting subject. It's also a technology that would allow for covering more by maximizing the field of view so fewer cameras would be needed for 360 degree surveillance. Drones use them and who knows who else. Well we have a pretty good idea perhaps. Great border patrol device at minimum. 

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron
On 8/2/2016 at 1:36 PM, MIB said:

WSA -

I'm not sure.  Why have they approached me on 3 separate occasions (that I know of) when I had a rifle in my hand?   The intent wasn't predatory or I wouldn't be here.    Whatever fear or caution they had was, at least in those moments, partially absent.   Why?  Triggered by ... ?  Purpose ... ? 

FarArcher -

For your purposes, "why" may not matter.   For mine, it's the crux of what matters.   

MIB

I have a theory about why some people are approached that will be controversial.   They approach you if you are worthy of it.      I will let those that have had the experience define worthy in their own minds.   It certainly could be different for different people.   

I think there is something to what you're saying but I'm not sure "worthy" is the correct spin.   I think that has too much character judgement involved.   Instead, I think it is "tested and approved".   I think the crux is predictability of your response, not whether or not you're a good or bad person.   Predictability comes down to two factors ... whether your emotional reaction is readable via your body language, then whether your response to a particular stimulus is consistent. 

I think what happened in my case is I was subjected to a particular stimulus many times and I reacted consistently each time.   The stimulus was fairly intense fear.   The response was to take a defensive position, become hyper-aware of my surroundings, and move carefully out of the area.   I didn't panic.  I didn't freak and start shooting at shadows.   The thing that changed the whole picture was when I finally got fed up, decided I'd had enough, and went back right at dusk to see what was going to happen.   I left my flashlight in my pocket and went for a walk in the dark right through the middle of the space they'd been chasing me out of.    Since then, nada.   Indications they're around but no "push", nothing directed at me.

None of that bothers me.  That pattern follows what humans do when confronted with others that don't share a language by which they can communicate.   

The only bothersome point is when I go somewhere new and it seems the test results from the old place are already known ... across quite a few hundreds of miles.   The mechanism behind that is a puzzle.   Could be some kind of woo communication.   Could be changes in me I'm telegraphing through body language.   Don't know ... and I won't learn it here.

MIB

• Upvote 1

One can learn a lot by observing another at a distance.  Simple observation.  

Is he being careful?  Is he aware of his surroundings?  Does he skirt thick areas - indicating he's providing himself a cushion of safety?  Is his head on a swivel?  Is he walking with purpose, or just enjoying a walkabout?  Do things on the ground - flowers, rocks, or whatever occasionally attract his attention, and then does he appear to marvel at it?  Does he more or less walk in a slow, stalking manner, and does it appear he has a weapon in his hands?  Does he more or less follow the least path of resistance, or is he pretty much on a straight-line track?  Is he in a hurry, or very relaxed and casual about his pace?

All these questions are elements of body language.

Any casual observer can pretty much determine in moments whether this person is a potential threat or isn't.  And not a word needs to be spoken.

Apparently, at least once, you didn't, FA. Live and learn. We should always assume observation in our daily lives in our not so natural environments, but those who now know better than just deer, bear, cougar, etc. naturally will be more aware than some.

Plussed, MIB, thanks! That is helpful with a question I recently posted in another thread here.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

There is a principle called good mind.

Try to go into deep meditation and then go into remote areas with a peaceful uncomplicated approach.

Let happen what may.

We all share the same consciousness.

Bigfoot and you as well.

All is well.