7+ Feet Tall Skeleton Displayed In Selma Alabama Restaurant

I'm afraid that you will be ejected from the restaurant or denied entrance if they know that you are coming to examine the bones.

I'm willing to bet money that the irritated person you spoke to last time you called complained about the call to the staff and owners and they may be alarmed and *on alert* about why all of this sudden interest in their trophy bones.

No one was irritated, the girl I spoke with was an employee and laughed at me. She said it was made in Taiwan so I didn't follow up.

****Surely someone here has family or friends closer to Selma than you are, and **using someone local** could save you a long and expensive trip by having the locals examining the skeleton and taking pictures to show what is there..*****

What do you think?

I had no intention of going until I knew if it was real or whether there would be a problem.

I think that the Alabama Bigfoot Organization will have members close by or even living in Selma, and they could easily do all of this for us and thus spare you a long and expensive trip.

That's why I contacted Mike. If he isn't interested or doesn't know anything about it, I thought I might follow up with the coroner as another poster suggested.

It's not that hard to take pictures and to record the current verbal history that *could* be different from what it was 20+ years ago. Mores have changed, and the previous NA history may be *down played* so that they do not lose the bones.

I don't seriously think it's real but I hope that it is. I'm more concerned as to whether it's BF bones. The story may be that they are NA bones because whoever found them years ago probably couldn't understand why it was 7 feet tall. There is a history of NA folks in that area being that tall.

They also could have returned the bones to the proper place, and now *Do* have fake bones even tho I still cannot understand why anyone would display a skeleton in a restaurant FGS.

LOLOL. That's what everyone has been saying all along and the hostess said the bones were from Taiwan. Why do people hang taxidermied critters off of ceilings or throw rolls at you in restaurants? It's a gimmick, which is probably why it's not real.

So, do you want me to wait on Mike and talk to him first before I call? I'm not going to Alabama for another 2-3 weeks depending on when the exact date for closing is set. I don't have to go to the closing but I need to get my aunt's personal photos and other personal items out of the house. Selma is about 2 hours south if I go through B'ham, 3 hours if I take the back roads. So yes, it's out of my way, but it's a day trip. That was why I was going to make sure what the skeleton was and that I would be welcome before I went to see Major Grumbles. I can call the owner and ask about the history or I can wait and/or ask the Alabama Bigfoot Research organization if they know anything about it. ABR will probably just do what I intended to do first and ask. If the restaurant says 'NO' or acts weird about it, oh well, it won't be the end of the world. But if someone goes in there and misrepresents themselves or gets pics of their property without being honest about why they are doing it and those pics get plastered all over the internet....well I don't work that way. I believe in being up front, and if they laugh, they laugh, if they get mad and refuse, let them get mad and refuse. The sun will rise or set either way.

How many supposed skeletons have there been over the decades that have disappeared? Where is the Minnesota Iceman? There are others. My point was that there are probably people who don't want this kind of evidence seeing the light of day. Never mind your thief. Yeah, call it conspiracy theory if you'd like. I wonder how much the Catholic Church has kept from the public that contradicts the Bible? {Not inferring bigfoot stuff here.}. Anyway, even some of the Bigfoot Interests out there would have no prob coming up with ten grand and just purchasing it outright.

LOLOLOL....I know you are serious but I think I'll take this thread and some of your ideas and develop a bigfoot novel about Major Grumbles bones. There are several authors on here, if y'all are reading the thread, what do you think? I can see it now, the MIB's chase me off a lonely Alabama highway on my way to or from Selma. :lol:

Edited by Jodie

Whatever you say Jodie. I never said anything about MIB in my posts. What I did reference is that there have been a number of alleged skeletons in the past that we never get to the bottom of. You can pretend that there is no such thing as a coverup if you like, your prerogative. I was most concerned IN YOUR CASE that if there is any legitimacy to this skeleton, that there are a few in this field who will move on it faster then you and arrive with cash in hand.

So now its made in Taiwan? Wonder how long ago it was swapped since what Susie saw 20 yrs ago looked real? Or do you now discount her memory too?

Whatever you say Jodie. I never said anything about MIB in my posts. What I did reference is that there have been a number of alleged skeletons in the past that we never get to the bottom of. You can pretend that there is no such thing as a coverup if you like, your prerogative. I was most concerned IN YOUR CASE that if there is any legitimacy to this skeleton, that there are a few in this field who will move on it faster then you and arrive with cash in hand.

So now its made in Taiwan? Wonder how long ago it was swapped since what Susie saw 20 yrs ago looked real? Or do you now discount her memory too?

I don't discount Susie's memory, that's why I am interested.I will happen to be in the vicinity in a couple of weeks, so why not check it out if it is real? Who I spoke with was not the manager or owner. This employee might not have known what she was talking about and just assumed it was fake. If someone beats me to the punch, so be it, but I am pretty sure that the bigfoot organizations in Alabama probably already know about this skeleton. I hardly think it sat there for 25 years without notice. Of course, it would be really cool if that happens to be the case but I don't see any financial gain coming my way, it's not my skeleton :)

I wasn't inferring your goal was financial gain either.

And if someone 'beats you to the punch' so to speak, that was my beginning original point of being discrete in a public forum.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

However, can you even purchase 7 ft.tall fake skeleton bones?

University of Arizona students made a 9-footer. See page 256.

I honestly feel that if this scenario plays out that way, I really don't care who does what, or is responsible, gets credit, money, or what have you, as long as I get to know the end result.

Edit- Just checked my e-mail. Mike said he ate there several years ago, saw the skeleton, didn't think much of it because he thought it was fake. He said he would check around and get back to me if he hears anything new.

Edited by Jodie

The one person who could never be taken lightly in this skeleton research would be my hubby. When we were living in Selma we both saw the skeleton, and at the physician's office who had received the bones for payment of a medical bill hubby and I discussed the bones and how the doctor had accepted them as payment for his bill. It was all the patient had to offer and the physician accepted them.

We can prove that we lived there, and that is why we ate in the restaurant and saw the bones. Both of us were repulsed by the skeleton, but the size just amazed me. 20+ years ago 7 feet tall men and 7 feet tall bones were as rare to see as a BF sighting. The legs and arms are just so long and it all just rather shocked and disgusted me.

Since I've become enthralled with the BF controversy those bones have made numerous return trips through my thoughts and memories. The head was a little off, but I can't swear to just what was off now 20 years later.

I sincerely think and hope that the bones will be returned to a respectful burial if he is not a BF. If he's a BF we would need him for research. I hope that the poor man could be placed in the ground for keeps, or at least *not* dressed up for holidays anymore FGS!!!.. :( That's someone's son, and maybe someone's dad..

Thanks to the info we have received we need not worry about the restaurant losing the bones due to the NA law even tho that shocks me somewhat.

I completely believe you and your hubby saw what you saw Susie, that wasn't the point I was making.

I have a friend who saw a big skeleton on display in Montana when he was young, can't track that one down either.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

You know, this thought just struck me, everyone thought that the bones were NA due to the head shape! It seemed sorta flat across the forehead, there was just something odd about the skull, then add in the length of the arms and legs, it was just an odd skeleton.

***Jodie, I so sincerely appreciate your efforts and dedication to bringing the truth to light.***

All I've offered you was a memory. You are the lady doing the research, you are the one checking things out. If this should be a BF, all of the credit goes to you.

You have earned it. :wub: Thank you.

Whatever you should discover at least we will know exactly what is sitting around in a restaurant for people's perusal.. :(

Susie - how do you know it was 7 feet tall? The article linked above says it's sitting on a barrel (ie., not fully erect) and was draped by a Confederate flag (I would assume that would mean very little of the bones were showing). For it to be sitting, the skeleton would have to be articulated by a professional lab (drilling small holes through the bones then threading nylon string through and pulling them tight). Someone had to have seen it before it even went on display - I would think a 7 foot Indian skeleton would draw someone's attention.

Do you remember the color of the bones? Did you touch it at all?

P.S. I would let Mike handle this - he is very trustworthy and his opinion would be highly respected.

Edited by HairyMan

I completely believe you and your hubby saw what you saw Susie, that wasn't the point I was making.

I have a friend who saw a big skeleton on display in Montana when he was young, can't track that one down either.

Prag, If I sounded distressed with anyone here I was not distressed with anyone here at all, I'm still distressed about the poor man sitting around dressed up for holidays who could be a BF for heaven's sake.

I'm not unhappy nor distressed by anything said or done here.

It is Jodie who is making all of the efforts and getting things done, and I admire her and her dedication more than I can express.I'm just along for the ride that she is taking to bring possible BF proof to light. She is the *go to* girl, and the one person who is making things happen with this skeleton.

Is it really that strange to see a skeleton 7' tall? Have there been people 7' tall? Wouldn't 7' tall be short for a squatch? Why is this such a dramatic thing? I don't get it. I mean sure, 7' is outside the norm, even for an NBA player, buy it's not like the worlds tallest man or anything, and, if it were a squatch wouldn't there be other things that seemed very abnormal, thicker bones, facial structure, larger feet with a different shape (arch), etc.? Height seems like the least exciting thing about a skeleton.

Susie - how do you know it was 7 feet tall? The article linked above says it's sitting on a barrel (ie., not fully erect) and was draped by a Confederate flag (I would assume that would mean very little of the bones were showing). For it to be sitting, the skeleton would have to be articulated by a professional lab (drilling small holes through the bones then threading nylon string through and pulling them tight). Someone had to have seen it before it even went on display - I would think a 7 foot Indian skeleton would draw someone's attention.

Do you remember the color of the bones? Did you touch it at all?

P.S. I would let Mike handle this - he is very trustworthy and his opinion would be highly respected.

First thing: Jodie is handling this.

She has made all of the contacts and is setting everything up with the restaurant.

If Mike wishes to go or be a part of it he needs to contact Jodie.

She has been making plans for a few days now, and has everything planned and set up.

Is Mike the Alabama BF leader?

Jodie has contacted the head guy at Alabama BF, she has left messages, and hopes to meet him at the restaurant.

I do know that.

Yes, Hubby and I both handled the bones. When we were there it was a true skeleton. The skeleton was rather amazing.

He is huge, long legs and arms. His is the largest skeleton that hubby and I have ever seen and up until today that is still true.

I'm so hopeful that Jodie will be able to get a tooth and bone fragment.

If he is a BF, he was a young BF, his bones had not thickened enough to carry the muscular of an adult BF IMOVHO. Do realize that this is only my opinion about the age of the skeleton.

The bones were the correct bone color.

Edited by SweetSusiq

That has to be so hard for your friend! Yikes!

Luckily I was old enough to remember the skeleton, and where it was located.

Edited by SweetSusiq