7+ Feet Tall Skeleton Displayed In Selma Alabama Restaurant

Lets go to PM to discuss travel arrangements just in case some bigfoot fiends decide to track us down on the road and knock us off before we get a chance to go down in bigfoot history. :lol:

On My Way!

Mike lives a good ways from Selma and Shawn is in Montgomery, neither that are close enough to go snap a pic. In my excitement of actually catching the owner in the restaurant and finding out the skeleton was real I forgot to ask for a pic, I'm sorry y'all. It was really a surprise for me. I believed you Susie when you said it was real but I just couldn't fathom a real skeleton still being in a restaurant after all these years. That might be why it is sitting in the stairwell instead of sitting out in the restaurant proper, because of health codes. It is going to be tough getting any kind of good DNA off a skeleton that has been sitting out in the public all of this time. It would have been easier if it had been in the ground. I'll figure out the best way to do it without tearing the skeleton up.

Montgomery is one whole hour from Selma! What is so bad about an hour drive? You and I are looking at hours of driving and this guy will not put out the time and money to possibly locate a BF skeleton? :(

Edited by SweetSusiq

I promise to keep the forum updated as our plans and trip progresses.

I'm looking forward to meeting Pat, and doing some research on those bones.

I'm excited. I'm just telling hubby that I'm going and will keep him updated.

Hope that I can by with it.. :rolleyes:

Montgomery is one whole hour from Selma! What is so bad about an hour drive? You and I are looking at hours of driving and this guy will not put out the time and money to possibly locate a BF skeleton? :(

Nobody is really taking this particularly seriously Susie, except for you, me, and a few other posters. We are providing entertainment at the moment for a dry spell on the BFF. We might as well let that factor work in our favor and see where it leads us :)

Interesting and hope you can get there. If the skeleton is a BF then I would imagine the bones would be much wider than human bones. A ratio should be calculated with length to width and compared to typical human bones. The skull would be cone shaped and the foot bones would be different. Take pictures of all of these parts.

I planned on getting a friend of mine who lives in B'ham and is a photographer to go with me to take pics. I'm talking to an anthropologist right now and getting advice on how to document and collect a sample, his advice pretty much mirrors what BobZenor already told me. I'm getting my supplies and what tools I need together over the next 2-3 weeks.

Edited by Jodie

I can't go with you. Hubby just refuses to let me go that far alone, he cannot come, and truly does not want to go anyway.

Last night he said :"BF is a figment of my imagination"! :blink:

We had just left a funeral parlor where a girlfriend that I had known for 15 years was being mourned by her mother and young teen daughter.

I was talking about the upcoming journey to meet you while in the car with him and he said absolutely not, that he can't go with me, and he refuses to let me go alone to meet someone he does not known.

Hubby is just very protective, sometimes perhaps a little too much, but his heart is in the right place.

Jodie, Will you please call me to let me know what you think about the skeleton? What he looks like to you? What your thoughts are?

I really regret not being able to meet you, but you do have my home phone number, so at least I can hear about the adventure.

I cannot wait for my skeptic hubby to discover that BF is real.

Pay Back is a wife's prerogative, and I will choose to say once again: "I Told You It Was Real"!! He does not believe any of the filmed evidence, nor any of the people claiming encounters, nor that the PGF is real!! :rolleyes:

I envy you the ability to have the adventure, but at least we will *finally* know what Mortimer truly is.

Guest vilnoori

Suzi your hubby and mine are much the same. It is not worth shaking the marriage cart about, just let it pass and don't get the hackles up. Lets just say I have taken up bird watching :whistle: or hiking :whistle: but then I never was afraid to go alone or with one of my kids along. Just be a little less forthcoming about the plans on your next opportunity. LOL

Jodie, I am watching the thread with great interest.

Suzi your hubby and mine are much the same. It is not worth shaking the marriage cart about, just let it pass and don't get the hackles up. Lets just say I have taken up bird watching :whistle: or hiking :whistle: but then I never was afraid to go alone or with one of my kids along. Just be a little less forthcoming about the plans on your next opportunity. LOL

Jodie, I am watching the thread with great interest.

I guess that being protective is better than him not caring where I go nor what I do.

Thanks Vil, We are both blessed with a hubby who cares about us and our safety and well-being. :wub: Gotta love that about our hubbies because it could be so much worse!

BTW, I never go far into any woods alone anymore. The world is a different place than it used to be.

Edited by SweetSusiq

Honestly Susie, I'ld be more comfortable going with someone I know anyway. I can't say I disagree with your husband in general because you don't know me from Adam's house cat. No harm, no foul. I was going to try to videotape parts of my adventure, it might be pretty entertaining if my friend edits it correctly. I'll see what I can do to turn it into a little show for you so you won't feel like you missed anything.

An upper molar root would probably be much more desirable since he has probably been kept upright. A lower molar could have bacterial and other DNA reach the base of the root by the way. There is a tube of tissue that reaches to the bottom of the root. It is less likely that contamination would reach an upper molar and that is especially true of a wisdom tooth. They might have very curved roots so take care how you extract it if that is possible. That tube could make it harder to get a clean uncontaminated sample from teeth.

If you take samples from a femur for example. You probably should completely clean the area after you have drilled a small hole. It might take 10 minutes longer but it would reduce the contamination by several times assuming your drill and brush are clean.

Edited by BobZenor

Honestly Susie, I'ld be more comfortable going with someone I know anyway. I can't say I disagree with your husband in general because you don't know me from Adam's house cat. No harm, no foul. I was going to try to videotape parts of my adventure, it might be pretty entertaining if my friend edits it correctly. I'll see what I can do to turn it into a little show for you so you won't feel like you missed anything.

Jodie, It is a sad statement that normal human trust has been lost. I totally trust you. I trusted Bill with my home phone number. I get *feelings* about who people are through their posting and conversations. Now I'm not an idiot, so I would have met you and you meet me in a place where we could decide to go alone or together.

I trust you, but I'm wiser today then I was last year, so I would have taken precautions.

However, I *Deeply* regret missing out on this *grand* adventure that you will have..

I will call some friends at the hospital and get them to cough up a bone marrow kit that I can send to you.

Please remember to call me when you get there and see the bones.

An upper molar root would probably be much more desirable since he has probably been kept upright. A lower molar could have bacterial and other DNA reach the base of the root by the way. There is a tube of tissue that reaches to the bottom of the root. It is less likely that contamination would reach an upper molar and that is especially true of a wisdom tooth. They might have very curved roots so take care how you extract it if that is possible. That tube could make it harder to get a clean uncontaminated sample from teeth.

If you take samples from a femur for example. You probably should completely clean the area after you have drilled a small hole. It might take 10 minutes longer but it would reduce the contamination by several times assuming your drill and brush are clean.

Thanks Bob- I hope the owner will let me get a tooth. The anthropologist I'm talking to said the same thing. I thought I would approach my dentist at some point this week to see if he has anything I can borrow to remove the roots leaving the crown intact for reattachment since the owner did not want the skeleton cosmetically damaged. I was hoping my dentist could give me some of that litmus paper he uses to check your bite. There may also be something I can use for a soft mold of the teeth, just thinking out loud here, I'll check with him. I'm nervous about messing with the skeleton too much, what if it crumbles in my hands? I will just die right on the spot.

Edited by Jodie

this is interesting, hope things go well for your adventure jodie.thumbsup.gif

and susi, FWIW , vil is right (againwink.gif) about not shaking the marriage cart here....... see, I am also the protective husband of a head strong wife,so , i can vouch for his stance.

its our nature to protect the ones we love, fiercely if need be ,& that includes ticking off the wife ( & ending up" in the dog house") in the process if we feel its necessary.

there are a lot of unknowns & dangers in this world........& if a man gave his blessing to such a trip & the worst did happen, he might never forgive himself.

jodie seems to be " on the ball " w/ this, i suspect she will be giving you the play by play as this thing unfolds. whichever way it goes, enjoy the showpopcorn.gif