Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Both. Again, the Masters of Scientism will accept nothing but a fresh, bleeding carcass. You can bring them a video of a sasquatch ripping a small tree out of the ground and throwing it a hundred yards. No ribbon, no medal, no go. Native oral histories? The Scientism gods will denigrate it in ways that appear racist and get away with it as smooth as silk. 

It simply will be no other way. They want a carcass, they want it delivered, it must be free,  and they must be able to denigrate the killer as a cretin with no morals. Any other "discovery" will be unacceptable.

@Huntster

You and I are on the same page. I hope you glass one and then drop him during one of your caribou trips, as unlikely as that might be.

3 hours ago, Twist said:

1) Yupp since I was a kid

2) Yupp since I was a kid

3) Yupp since I was a kid....

Where do fill out the adoption paperwork! Lol.

Whoa! Hired! I don’t wanna be yer pappy....

3 hours ago, NatFoot said:

You guys are making claims that there are records of BF, from NA, that are not being accurately captured.

Who is taking up that fight? I'd imagine someone with NA ancestry would do that?

Or, some have tried and it's a lost cause. I'd assume it's not a lost cause but more of a, what's the point?

NA Indians and First Nations have the longest running contact with Sasquatch. Their views are for the most part ignored. Why?  Because they work in a realm of worthiness for encounters as compared to the Anglo approach of throwing money at encounter(s) or a clear shot. The Anglo way is based on dollars. The indigenous American Indians and First Nations know that Sasquatch will avoid 99.99% of us. They are quite excellent at avoiding humans, especially the ones with large caliber weapons.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

Both. Again, the Masters of Scientism will accept nothing but a fresh, bleeding carcass. You can bring them a video of a sasquatch ripping a small tree out of the ground and throwing it a hundred yards. No ribbon, no medal, no go. Native oral histories? The Scientism gods will denigrate it in ways that appear racist and get away with it as smooth as silk. 

It simply will be no other way. They want a carcass, they want it delivered, it must be free,  and they must be able to denigrate the killer as a cretin with no morals. Any other "discovery" will be unacceptable.

I agree, but here is the catch.  Shooting one is no guarantee of success.  They have been shot at and even hit by lots of people over the years.  But yet no carcass.  Why is that?  First of all, they are hard to kill.  You better be an excellent shot with a ton of firepower and lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.  Second,  they do protect their own and will fight to the death to protect their hurt or dying family member.  Are you going to be like the schmuck Smedja and kill off an entire family including kids?  

The third issue and probably the biggest hurdle is lets say you do kill of a clan or get lucky and find a lone straggler and manage to kill it and manage to drag the body back to civilization.  What are the odds the government steps in and takes it away and leave you to the consequences.  If you believe in BF, you have to believe the government knows about them.  And then you ask yourself why do they treat BF different than every other animal in the world.  That answer is not knowable, but should give you pause as there is a reason, and it must be a pretty powerful one.

My conclusion is to simply enjoy them.  Try to get a picture for the thrill of getting a picture.  Not for science as it will not matter.  This way you will enjoy the outdoors, live a little, and not suffer the grief of murdering one or more very close human cousins nor have to pay the penalty when big brother steps in.

Just my 2 cents.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NCBFr said:

I agree, but here is the catch.  Shooting one is no guarantee of success.  They have been shot at and even hit by lots of people over the years.  But yet no carcass.  Why is that?  First of all, they are hard to kill.  You better be an excellent shot with a ton of firepower and lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.  Second,  they do protect their own and will fight to the death to protect their hurt or dying family member.  Are you going to be like the schmuck Smedja and kill off an entire family including kids?  

The third issue and probably the biggest hurdle is lets say you do kill of a clan or get lucky and find a lone straggler and manage to kill it and manage to drag the body back to civilization.  What are the odds the government steps in and takes it away and leave you to the consequences.  If you believe in BF, you have to believe the government knows about them.  And then you ask yourself why do they treat BF different than every other animal in the world.  That answer is not knowable, but should give you pause as there is a reason, and it must be a pretty powerful one.

My conclusion is to simply enjoy them.  Try to get a picture for the thrill of getting a picture.  Not for science as it will not matter.  This way you will enjoy the outdoors, live a little, and not suffer the grief of murdering one or more very close human cousins nor have to pay the penalty when big brother steps in.

Just my 2 cents.

I wonder if Dennis Martin’s father thought his time is the Smoky Mtn NP was enjoyable? How about countless other families?

People have a right to know. And when their Government denies anything is out there? They feel safe. Because humans are gullible.

The only sin Smeja committed was freaking out and leaving the area without evidence. No MIBs showed up to arrest him or confiscate anything. He was scared of game wardens because he seems to have a lot of run ins with them. Of course this is assuming any of his story is actually true.

1 hour ago, NCBFr said:

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you to a point.....

There are rumors of the government knowing of them, Military on night Munovers, a strange report I heard of them Helping them [BF] during the Mt Helens eruption. But the only problem with that is why would they keep it a secret. whats the Point? They are not a threat to our security. There is really no reason for them to keep them secret.

With shooting one , the biggest problem I see how do you move a 500 - 700 lb BF. If you are alone - a impossible task.  And they would be hard to kill, Body hit isnt going to stop them. There are plenty of accounts of that.  a head shot would work but I would believe you would need a hugh gun to drop one. I have hit bores in the head with a .45 cal and watch the round bounce off there skull.

If you believe they are intelligent, they may practice burials.  There are alot of scientist who are curious. There is just way to much evidence, Footprints, Eye Witnesses. I believe the reason science isn't jumping off the boat, is because it would disrupt there Evolutionary Theory. They would be wrong.. Again!  Just a week ago in chili they found another footprint dating back 15000 yrs. we weren't suppose to here on this continent at that time.  They wont even admit that chinese, norse, and demark were vistings the states 250 years before [Cough, cough] Columbus. Columbus Knew of this land before he came here.

But you dont see that in our school books. then the gov. Might be where,  we are at, trying to figure it out like the rest of us... scratching thier heads. 

I keep hoping someone puts together a expedition to Tag one with a internal tracker. but that could be hard. They might be nomads - on the move all the time.

There are no really answers to they problem, only more questions.

10 hours ago, NatFoot said:

...........I hope you glass one and then drop him during one of your caribou trips, as unlikely as that might be.

Ain't happening. As I've aged, I've come to desire the Masters of Scientism to remain the last people in the history of mankind to know that sasquatches exist. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, norseman said:

I wonder if Dennis Martin’s father thought his time is the Smoky Mtn NP was enjoyable? How about countless other families?

People die of snake bites, mountain lion and bear attacks, falling off cliffs, exposure, lightning strikes, drowning, tree falls, and  probably hundreds of other things while experiencing the great outdoors.  Truly sucks but nothing can make it completely safe.  Also, killing one or more BFs to verify its existence will not change the next DM attack unless you plan on killing them all or placing them in a zoo.

32 minutes ago, norseman said:

People have a right to know. And when their Government denies anything is out there? They feel safe. Because humans are gullible.

I agree but evidently our government does not and until you understand why, you are probably pissing in to the wind.  HiFlier - You out there?  Also, would probably use a stronger word than gullible.

34 minutes ago, norseman said:

The only sin Smeja committed was freaking out and leaving the area without evidence. No MIBs showed up to arrest him or confiscate anything. He was scared of game wardens because he seems to have a lot of run ins with them. Of course this is assuming any of his story is actually true.

I disagree on the sin part but I am not the power that will judge him.  How do you know MIBs did not show up as there evidently were no bodies where he says he shot them.  My memory is a little hazy, wasn't there somebody with him which would make 2 liars which certainly is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Again, this is simply my POV.  I am sure you and many others feel strongly different.

2 hours ago, NCBFr said:

I agree, but here is the catch.  Shooting one is no guarantee of success.  They have been shot at and even hit by lots of people over the years.  But yet no carcass.  Why is that?  First of all, they are hard to kill.  You better be an excellent shot with a ton of firepower and lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.  Second,  they do protect their own and will fight to the death to protect their hurt or dying family member.  Are you going to be like the schmuck Smedja and kill off an entire family including kids? ........

I've shot lots of North American big game including moose and bear. Yes, if one hunts, eventually, and even under the best of circumstances, some of your quarry will get away despite being shot and will die in solitude, never being found. It's just the nature of the endeavor.

...........The third issue and probably the biggest hurdle is lets say you do kill of a clan or get lucky and find a lone straggler and manage to kill it and manage to drag the body back to civilization. What are the odds the government steps in and takes it away and leave you to the consequences.  If you believe in BF, you have to believe the government knows about them.  And then you ask yourself why do they treat BF different than every other animal in the world.  That answer is not knowable, but should give you pause as there is a reason, and it must be a pretty powerful one..........

Well, frankly, I think you glossed over the "manage to drag the body back to civilization" part too lightly. I'm here to tell you, bringing a 1200-1400 lb moose or a 1000 lb bear home is an impressive feat. I simply can't do it anymore without the best ATVs. In my youth I carried a few moose home on my back, but that only educated me on why I needed ATVs. Just a 9' or 10' bear's skull and hide (which you don't want to cut up into pieces) will weigh upwards of 150 lbs, and be extremely bulky. The sasquatch hide would need to be skinned out like a bear hide with skull, hands, and feet still in it. There's 150 lbs. The rest of the carcass could be left, but if you could get it out in halves (cut the backbone just under the ribs), that would improve your presentation. It would be key imfo on arm/leg length ratios, musculature, bone density, etc. All in all, it would be a huge job. I doubt you're going to carry it out on your back.

Regarding government, I agree fully. In fact, if you successfully delivered your sasquatch to somebody like Jeff Meldrum, I think government would simply arrive and take it away from him as soon as they learned that he had one. Me? I'm short work. 

...........My conclusion is to simply enjoy them.  Try to get a picture for the thrill of getting a picture.  Not for science as it will not matter.  This way you will enjoy the outdoors, live a little, and not suffer the grief of murdering one or more very close human cousins nor have to pay the penalty when big brother steps in.

Just my 2 cents.

That's worth more than two cents. It's excellent advice. 

1 hour ago, norseman said:

.........The only sin Smeja committed was freaking out and leaving the area without evidence. No MIBs showed up to arrest him or confiscate anything. He was scared of game wardens because he seems to have a lot of run ins with them. Of course this is assuming any of his story is actually true.

Smeja faces felony charges of perjury and filing a false or forged instrument with the state as well as misdemeanor accusations involving bear tags and unlawful taking and possession of an animal.

https://www.theunion.com/news/crime/justin-smeja-reality-tv-bigfoot-hunter-faces-charges-in-nevada-county/

Edited by Huntster

1 hour ago, Franco said:

............ why would they keep it a secret. whats the Point? They are not a threat to our security. There is really no reason for them to keep them secret..........

Avoiding their existence avoids dealing with their aboriginal rights, their civil rights, their political rights, their environmental rights, and the legions of lawyers and advocates who would jump on the opportunity to "represent them".

There are actually a whole bunch of very good reasons to keep them secret.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Avoiding their existence avoids dealing with their aboriginal rights, their civil rights, their political rights, their environmental rights, and the legions of lawyers and advocates who would jump on the opportunity to "represent them".

There are actually a whole bunch of very good reasons to keep them secret.

I disagree sir... I Think some would freak out. But most would be in wonder. There habitat should be protected. As far civil Rights. That to be seen. 

10 yrs years ago the thought of other planets around stars was, maybe.... People worried about other life attacking if we found another planet outside our solar system. Now it turns out that it is more un common for a star not to have a solar system around them. 

We haven't collapsed, people become a custom to it. We now stand in wonder of it.

Silver backs were consider a legend, until found, Panda bears the same. They are still around because we protect them.  Why wouldnt we want the same for BF. I would rather protect them. 

If they are a relic Humanoid, Think of all we could learn about us and evolution. But it is the pondering of it that keeps most of us going. 

NA tribes have many stories of the co habitating with them. There are stories of them Helping humans.

I really think the government doesnt care that much about them, to go and take them. But Then and again the stories of giants and them taking the Evidence of their existence . Still persist.

I guess until we have hard prove this debate will go on & on. But A body brought to Meldrum, I think he would scream loud and clear. Grab hair,Blood, flesh and pictures. Before any one even gets close. 

1 hour ago, NCBFr said:

People die of snake bites, mountain lion and bear attacks, falling off cliffs, exposure, lightning strikes, drowning, tree falls, and  probably hundreds of other things while experiencing the great outdoors.  Truly sucks but nothing can make it completely safe.  Also, killing one or more BFs to verify its existence will not change the next DM attack unless you plan on killing them all or placing them in a zoo.

I agree but evidently our government does not and until you understand why, you are probably pissing in to the wind.  HiFlier - You out there?  Also, would probably use a stronger word than gullible.

I disagree on the sin part but I am not the power that will judge him.  How do you know MIBs did not show up as there evidently were no bodies where he says he shot them.  My memory is a little hazy, wasn't there somebody with him which would make 2 liars which certainly is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Again, this is simply my POV.  I am sure you and many others feel strongly different.

Yes. But all of those risks are known risks. That’s not the same thing as a mythical ape man/men stalking your wife and kids. And the government has taken zero steps to warn anyone about the danger. When you go out into the parks and forests? What do you see? Signs, everywhere! Warning! Bears. Fire danger HIGH. Food Storage. No fires. Etc. They do that for liability reasons!

Losing a kid off a cliff on a hiking trip is horrible. I know. I was involved with helping break down a camp of a plank owner in the RMEF who had just lost his son who was cutting switchbacks and did a super man off a cliff while plowing through heavy brush. The camp was sobbing hysterically as the search and rescue helo searched the ridge above. The other family’s son had been right behind him. I could’nt load their truck and get out of there fast enough. I was in there with the mules scouting for elk. It happened at the Elk summit guard station in Idaho. They asked for help and I obliged.

As freakin horrible as that was? It doesn’t touch the mental anguish of Dennis Martins father and mother. The not knowing, the not having closure, not having a body. The constant wondering is by some small chance your son is still alive somewhere. And the thought of a big hairy beast carrying your kid off alive and doing God knows what to him. The fear and duration of your sons plight. Sickening. The guilt? Destructive. Over just a game of hide and seek in a meadow. No cliffs, no water, nothing that would put a father on alert.

You do not have to kill all Bigfoot. You just have to educate people that something with a human like brain could be stalking them. Maybe many people may choose no longer to take the risk? That’s fair. Unless your relying on their dollars to fund your organization. Where does the money lead? Plus lawsuits for damage done.

Back to Smeja. How that story broke is that Derek Randles found him on a hunting forum. Derek Randles went down to California to verify it. I would think the government could do a better job of stopping such a leak before it starts?

I can pack a Elk or a Moose out with two big mules. But just the head would suffice or a hand or a foot.

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Smeja faces felony charges of perjury and filing a false or forged instrument with the state as well as misdemeanor accusations involving bear tags and unlawful taking and possession of an animal.

Here's a thought what if the game warden came in after Smeja shot these creatures and picked them up them selves. We say that the so call Gov does not have them in their labs I beg to differ. You can bet that they are not going to say a word about what they are . They will change every thing we know about what we use to think of our forest. If they are a Nation that this would change the way we live and we would see with our own eye's how Gov have treated Native Americans back in the day.  Do you not think that they are not going to want demands. Do we really want a war with 8'- 12'  creatures? How will they protect civilians when they decide to invade our spaces? 

5 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Here's a thought what if the game warden came in after Smeja shot these creatures and picked them up them selves. We say that the so call Gov does not have them in their labs I beg to differ. You can bet that they are not going to say a word about what they are . They will change every thing we know about what we use to think of our forest. If they are a Nation that this would change the way we live and we would see with our own eye's how Gov have treated Native Americans back in the day.  Do you not think that they are not going to want demands. Do we really want a war with 8'- 12'  creatures? How will they protect civilians when they decide to invade our spaces? 

With tanks, gun ships, and machine guns? It would be a pretty short war.

Which is probably why they stay in the shadows.

I don’t think a state agency could keep a lid on it. 

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic