Why is Bigfoot still a joke to so many people?

Bigfoot Gumbo

19 hours ago, Arvedis said:

They have shown intelligence but anything that can rip apart an elk with its bare hands is not docile ........

I looked up the word "docile", always thinking of it to mean "peaceful", "gentle", or "nice". I was wrong:

"ready to accept control or instruction; submissive"

Thus, orcas really are docile, having been well domesticated despite being so large, marine dependent, and killer oriented........lije wolves/dogs can be considered "docile". But the jury is obviously still waiting to hear the case on sasquatches.

20 hours ago, Arvedis said:

They have shown intelligence but anything that can rip apart an elk with its bare hands is not docile 👽

Who can be considered a serious BF researcher in your view?

Thats is a **** good question........ The lines are so blurred

20 hours ago, Arvedis said:

...........Who can be considered a serious BF researcher in your view?

Somebody who gets results, especially consistently. Examples would be Roger Patterson, Paul Freeman, and Rick Noll. People who weren't as successful, but put in plenty of effort, also qualify: Byrne, Green, Titmus, Dahinden. These people were all "serious".

But I think that "researcher" and "hunter" should be differentiated. Hunters like the above go out and find footprints, trackways, unidentifiable hairs, other trace evidence, photographic evidence, etc. I consider people like Meldrum, Krantz, Bindernagel, Mionczynski, Napier, etc as "researchers". They have qualifications and credentials, for whatever that's worth in the science industry.

I've never had a knowing myself, just heard some interesting sounds and had something get aggressive with me in the woods one night.   I never saw it but something came into our campsite at 12:50 AM, sounded Bipedal, Big, and made a lot of noise.  I believe if we staye da thrid night it wouldve made itself known.  

I also am distrustful of the government

the governments position on the ape, which is they the don't acknowledge the apes existence, is usually at odds with knowers (and there are many).

The fact that theres like 50 names for the creature among the tribes in North America 

the hieroglyphs are of particular interest to me.   

59 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Somebody who gets results, especially consistently. Examples would be Roger Patterson, Paul Freeman, and Rick Noll. People who weren't as successful, but put in plenty of effort, also qualify: Byrne, Green, Titmus, Dahinden. These people were all "serious".

But I think that "researcher" and "hunter" should be differentiated. Hunters like the above go out and find footprints, trackways, unidentifiable hairs, other trace evidence, photographic evidence, etc. I consider people like Meldrum, Krantz, Bindernagel, Mionczynski, Napier, etc as "researchers". They have qualifications and credentials, for whatever that's worth in the science industry.

1 hour ago, Franco said:

Thats is a **** good question........ The lines are so blurred

Yea, it if hard to research something without hard clues. I heard someone refer to themselves as a BF investigator rather than researcher because "what are we researching?"

My opinion is you need to make routine contact to be a researcher. What happens then is you discover your assumptions about the species were not correct. Your approach changes.

Meldrum is an anatomist. Bindernagel was a wildlife scientist. Freeman got worn out from it all and lost his angle. Cliff and other notables just hike and talk but don't experience. The people who do experience go off the rails with theories.

Plenty more researcher examples to add but it would take all day.

Edited by Arvedis

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

I looked up the word "docile", always thinking of it to mean "peaceful", "gentle", or "nice". I was wrong:

I like you thought the definition was along the lines of gentle or peaceful.  I was using the word wrong.  My bad.  

There is no doubt, there is something.......  I believe there is a much smaller number of them than we believe.  I was thinking the other day... Why we havent tried to radio tag one.

I heard on a podcast - Sasquatch Chronicles that a woman went out with Standing [I know , I know standing] and she said, she had one come write up to the window of the trailer they were camping in.  If, and I mean If he [standing] can get them in that close... Why wouldn't someone want to put a tag in them. 

I know as fact the radio tags can be put into a dart and it ejects into the animal. I have seen them do it with wild Horses. This way we could track them for awhile. Get a idea where they nesting, send drones in and get some real data. 

Hopefully get a migration path, and then would be able to predict where they are going.  **** we can tag a 20 ft great white. But we cant tag a 9-12ft tall animal. There I think is the problem... 

I want to clear the record, I do believe they exist... The question that plagues me is what are they...... 

Didn't NAWAC have some success with that, with a tracker stuck in one's hair? I remember seeing that in a documentary.

I dont remember hearing anything about that... If so where is the data?

14 minutes ago, Nipissing said:

Didn't NAWAC have some success with that, with a tracker stuck in one's hair? I remember seeing that in a documentary.

12 minutes ago, Nipissing said:

Man, that makes those guys sound like amateurs, which I guess we all are. It's at least partially human. How would you like a tracker stuck in you? It' absurd and insulting. I hope if anyone ever attempts it that BF retaliates appropriately. I know I would.

• Confused 1

But, how else are we to get real evidence... No one seems able to shoot one.  Maybe we throw them a open bar party... who in thier right mind would not go to a open bar. LOL

Edited by Franco

1 hour ago, Franco said:

But, how else are we to get real evidence... No one seems able to shoot one.  Maybe we throw them a open bar party... who in thier right mind would not go to a open bar. LOL

Someone needs to mindspeak with them and ask for a fresh fecal sample into one of those DNA test sterile tubes. All that other mindspeak stuff gets us nowhere.

2 hours ago, 9-dot said:

The link to NAWAC Tag 7.  The article describes how a remote transmitter was apparently attached to a Sasquatch and tracked over a period of time:

http://woodape.org/index.php/news/news/256-tag7

Thank you for the link.  Very interesting study.  I would call the June hits his home range and the other hits are probably short hunting excursions back and forth to the home range.  Aligns closely with what I have noticed over the years, 

31 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Thank you for the link.  Very interesting study.  I would call the June hits his home range and the other hits are probably short hunting excursions back and forth to the home range.  Aligns closely with what I have noticed over the years, 

That was a great read. Thanks all.