Why is Bigfoot still a joke to so many people?

Bigfoot Gumbo

The first step might be PROVING who knows about the creature in the first place. One could say that the government is so stupid that they couldn't possibly know. OR...reason out that government MUST know about them. If that's the case where does that leave things as far as pursuing the truth? Government can tell us that Grizzly bear #352 is in the Grand Tetons but they don't know about an 800 lbs. biped in the Olympic National Forest? Something is way off with thinking government doesn't know that it's roaming there and has been for the last 100 years.

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

......Government can tell us that Grizzly bear #352 is in the Grand Tetons but they don't know about an 800 lbs. biped in the Olympic National Forest? Something is way off with thinking government doesn't know that it's roaming there and has been for the last 100 years.

Either they don't exist, or elements of government knows they do.

And governments behavior after the PG film was published is extremely suspicious.

13 hours ago, Huntster said:

governments behavior after the PG film was published is extremely suspicious

What was the Gov behavior after the PG film was published ?  Since everyone seems to believe that these creatures are just a joke and that includes the paranormal side as well.  For some reason the Gov seems to be very active in some type of paranormal activity for some strange reason. The reason I say this is because it seems to be showing up more and more on TV. Like they are getting us ready for some thing big that is ready to happen. You see it on the net and the way that the Gov is trying to control how information is being spread through the internet.  They want to control the spread of information through people who are gaining knowledge . As to what is going on A.I. is our biggest threat since it is capable of replicating into people wo do not even exist on this earth.

18 hours ago, Huntster said:

Either they don't exist, or elements of government knows they do.

And governments behavior after the PG film was published is extremely suspicious.

4 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

What was the Gov behavior after the PG film was published ?  Since everyone seems to believe that these creatures are just a joke and that includes the paranormal side as well.  For some reason the Gov seems to be very active in some type of paranormal activity for some strange reason. The reason I say this is because it seems to be showing up more and more on TV. Like they are getting us ready for some thing big that is ready to happen. You see it on the net and the way that the Gov is trying to control how information is being spread through the internet.  They want to control the spread of information through people who are gaining knowledge . As to what is going on A.I. is our biggest threat since it is capable of replicating into people wo do not even exist on this earth.

I am curious as well what the U.S. gov would have to say.  I think they were preoccupied with Vietnam at that time and could care less about Bigfoot.  I still think the U.S. gov could care less about BF though I understand there are contrary opinions. 

6 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

What was the Gov behavior after the PG film was published ? .........

Not a peep. Not then, not now, and not in the 52 years in between. This applies to both the state of California and the federal government, both of whom held authority over this matter. This is true even though Lyle Laverty, either on duty or traveling to duty as a USFS employee and supervisor, stopped at the site and was the first person after Patterson and Gimlin on location, and photographed the footprints.

I know government. When they utter not a peep, they're hiding something every time.

You're probably right, Huntster. Thought maybe since the man is 76 years old now he might think it wouldn't matter career-wise anymore. I mean it's not like the military where a 30 year nondisclosure would be in place although I could be wrong about that. I could be wrong because Bigfoot disclosure would devastate this organization to which Laverty is an associate. It's an interesting group of people but reading through their website they are a group that is corporate/government oriented all the way. Their client list says it all. http://jkagroup.com/index.htm

Seeing this it would be easy to get an attitude about Laverty but then again, at 76, if he ever finally became disgruntled or disillusioned.......Oh I could easily come up with a possible scenario for how he got where he is.....  

Edited by hiflier

I'd love to take the guy for dinner and drinks and just talk for a couple of hours. With no documentation or recorders, maybe he'd open up. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not seeing the big deal.  Other people in the Bluff Creek area experienced activity before and after Patty. It's just not caught on film, same as today.  If there is a gov case file it is in a hard copy folder in an basement archive.

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

I'm not seeing the big deal.  Other people in the Bluff Creek area experienced activity before and after Patty. It's just not caught on film, same as today.  If there is a gov case file it is in a hard copy folder in an basement archive.

So without any empirical evidence, we just take their word for it? Should we believe all eyewitnesses at face value? People lie you know. Plus when we have people like Todd Standing, Tom Biscardi, Ray Wallace, and your personal fav, Mike Paterson (of Sasquatch Ontario), it's really, really difficult to not take bigfoot as a joke. C'mon. Bigfoot saying "flower" and "Mike". Really? Do you believe that Arvedis?

50 minutes ago, The Truth said:

.........Should we believe all eyewitnesses at face value?..........

I tend to believe or disbelieve at face value. If the witness says he saw a sasquatch leap up several hundred feet, grab a passing UFO, hang on, then disappear with it at the speed of light, the face value of that report is low in my opinion. But if several unrelated witnesses report sasquatches hanging out in their neighborhood over a four year period of time in a series of reports, I tend to give those reports a higher face value.

11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I tend to believe or disbelieve at face value. If the witness says he saw a sasquatch leap up several hundred feet, grab a passing UFO, hang on, then disappear with it at the speed of light, the face value of that report is low in my opinion. But if several unrelated witnesses report sasquatches hanging out in their neighborhood over a four year period of time in a series of reports, I tend to give those reports a higher face value.

I agree Huntster!

Actually, thinking about that a bit more, there are likely several values that might be considered. In addition to face value there is scientific value. The PG events, contrary to popular thought, provided a lot of scientific value with a motion film as well as still photos and casts of footprints. There were also several witnesses involved including Patterson and Gimlin, then Laverty and his crew, then Titmus.

Then there is a possible legal value. There are several reports of law enforcement involvement and investigation where legal police reports are written and filed.