Why is Bigfoot still a joke to so many people?

Bigfoot Gumbo

On 7/29/2019 at 9:50 AM, Huntster said:

<Adjective> evidence ("concrete", "convincing", "conclusive", "compelling", "immutable", "gotta' rub their noses in it", etc) essentially equals "proof".

Evidence does not equal proof.  It never has.  Evidence is the offering of information that helps to provide a basis for conclusion.  Whether that conclusion is reached is subject to interpretation. 

Let's take the OJ case.  Was there evidence? Yes, there was plenty of evidence presented to the court. Was there proof? Ask  the jury.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 9-dot said:

The link to NAWAC Tag 7.  The article describes how a remote transmitter was apparently attached to a Sasquatch and tracked over a period of time:

http://woodape.org/index.php/news/news/256-tag7

I take back what I said about being amateurs.  I presumed the tracker was meant to be injected into the creature.  Instead, they set it up so he/she ran into it as "leaf litter." Pretty good idea even though it's an underwhelming result.  The research is well done.  I'm impressed any time anyone in bigfootery who has a bibliography.

Edited by Arvedis

On 7/29/2019 at 11:24 AM, Franco said:

I biggest issue I see, that there are just many people with the woo,woo theory's, Dimensional, able cloak themselves, always seen with UFO's... Why the general public laughs it.  Its hard for serious researchers to present hard evidence with the goofy stuff going around.

Look at the giant squid, even with bodies washing up on shores there was a hugh body of people who thought it pranksters. Until they got one on tape. 

Then there is video like this, which is pretty good

https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsquatchable.com%2Fwatch.asp%3Fid%3D76272%26title%3DSkunk%2BApe%2BFilm%2B%2D%2BSPRINTERS%2BSPEED%26utm_source%3Dsquatchable%26utm_medium%3Demail&amp;data=01|01|vincent.franco%40careerbuilder.com|0a48ba402a0c436664fd08d71452857d|7cc1677566a34e8b80fd5b1f1db15061|0&amp;sdata=hrxUhhMBAd2oeihQ0Ksb5pwItKK0VmTaU9C%2FxWSYJHk%3D&amp;reserved=0

Franco, how I see it is, your attitude towards the woo thing demonstrates the attitude that the general public has of Sasquatch.  Because you haven't seen what you deem credible evidence of the woo, you ridicule it much like the general public hasn't seen what they would call credible evidence of the existence of Saquatch, so they ridicule them. The woo is a joke to you, Sasquatch is a joke to them.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:24 PM, Franco said:

I biggest issue I see, that there are just many people with the woo,woo theory's, Dimensional, able cloak themselves, always seen with UFO's... Why the general public laughs it.  Its hard for serious researchers to present hard evidence with the goofy stuff going around

No one is stop anyone from presenting hard evidence . There's groups that have said they have contact on a regular basis but prefer to keep the photos just withing their group. I've read posts by members  here that have written they don't care to reveal their evidence of the contact they claim they have a regular basis . Like I said no one is stopping anyone .

I'm from Missouri. Show me.

I don't believe anyone claiming to have clear, detailed photographic bigfoot that are unwilling to provide samples.

BTW, I'm not really from Missouri, but live an hour away.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 7.62 said:

I biggest issue I see, that there are just many people with the woo,woo theory's, Dimensional, able cloak themselves, always seen with UFO's... Why the general public laughs it.  Its hard for serious researchers to present hard evidence with the goofy stuff going around

No one is stop anyone from presenting hard evidence . There's groups that have said they have contact on a regular basis but prefer to keep the photos just withing their group. I've read posts by members  here that have written they don't care to reveal their evidence of the contact they claim they have a regular basis . Like I said no one is stopping anyone .

If I had a clear video that I thought was the real deal, I would never release it outside of my close-friend network.  I guarantee there are many like me and anything they have will never be shared openly on the internet.

12 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Evidence does not equal proof.  It never has..........

You and I know that, but denialists obviously don't. Whenever one points at the evidence in sasquatchery and asks why there is no official inquiry or funding, they always say that there is no <adjective> evidence to justify it.

IOW they want "proof" before any official action.

.........Let's take the OJ case.  Was there evidence? Yes, there was plenty of evidence presented to the court. Was there proof? Ask  the jury.

Legal "proof" and scientific "proof" are obviously two different things. For example, fingerprints can get you convicted of a capital crime, but dermal prints in sasquatch footprints are not even <adjective> evidence.

7 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

........BTW, I'm not really from Missouri, but live an hour away.

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

10 hours ago, 7.62 said:

7.62 said

No one is stopping anyone from presenting hard evidence . There's groups that have said they have contact on a regular basis but prefer to keep the photos just withing their group. I've read posts by members  here that have written they don't care to reveal their evidence of the contact they claim they have a regular basis . Like I said no one is stopping anyone .

There are just a few people claiming telepathic contact with BF and very few photos have been claimed. Those groups may be withholding better ones but I tend to doubt those would be conclusive. I think they have plenty of inconclusive photos and they don't want outside commentary on those. They would rather believe they have photos of BF spirit forms. Look for their video on Amazon streaming though it may be in YouTube as well.

I'm not opposed to paranormal theories at all and I pay attention when someone is claiming telepathic contact. I think there is a big difference between taking photos or videos of an alleged BF spirit form and what is really happening, which is why they don't have much of anything tangible to share.

Edited by Arvedis

No, I don't. Nor do I see internal organs in this video either. Just because you don't see something in this clip, doesn't mean it's not there. Who knows how certain paranormal phenomena manifests it's self for any given situation? 

I have a hard time with 2/3s of the woo stuff, however, I won't discount it or ridicule it. I just simply don't understand most of it.

It was quite clear that Timothy Treadwell was quite full of bear woo. 

Then, after 13 years of violating National Park policy regarding bear interaction, he became bear poo.

To him, the woo was real. To me it was simply bear behavior. But on his last night of life, the woo failed him. The audio was all caught on video tape, but in the dark, there are no images. It's the stuff of nightmares. 

I changed the wording around so now you have Bigfoot woo haiku.

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

It was quite clear that Timothy Treadwell was quite full of bear woo. 

Then, after 13 years of violating National Park policy, he became bear poo.

To him, the woo was real. To me it was simply doo doo.

on the last night of life, the woo failed him. The audio was all caught on video tape.

but in the dark, there are no images, only fakes. 

Edited by Arvedis

On 7/30/2019 at 9:17 PM, Doug said:

Franco, how I see it is, your attitude towards the woo thing demonstrates the attitude that the general public has of Sasquatch.  Because you haven't seen what you deem credible evidence of the woo, you ridicule it much like the general public hasn't seen what they would call credible evidence of the existence of Saquatch, so they ridicule them. The woo is a joke to you, Sasquatch is a joke to them.

Now that is not right, First off, We Know almost nothing about them. Secondly with that said, without knowing or prove people saying, I saw them Cloak, I saw them walk into a Portal. I saw them with UFO's... I believe all things are possible. But dont you think proving they exist first would be a good start, before adding all the other stuff. because we just dont know enough about them... This why the people take it as crazy.... 

Until we can actually figure out Migration, mating, Territory... we actual have nothing. All it takes is 1 or 2 people throwing out landish theories out there. To make it bad for the real people trying to figure this out. 

On 7/31/2019 at 11:55 AM, Arvedis said:

There are just a few people claiming telepathic contact with BF and very few photos have been claimed. Those groups may be withholding better ones but I tend to doubt those would be conclusive. I think they have plenty of inconclusive photos and they don't want outside commentary on those. They would rather believe they have photos of BF spirit forms. Look for their video on Amazon streaming though it may be in YouTube as well.

I'm not opposed to paranormal theories at all and I pay attention when someone is claiming telepathic contact. I think there is a big difference between taking photos or videos of an alleged BF spirit form and what is really happening, which is why they don't have much of anything tangible to share.

That I can agree with...... But again, First and foremost should be real hard evidence... I without that. we are all guessing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Franco said:

This why the people take it as crazy.... 

It's not though, because most people outside of "this community" don't even have any idea that people suggest such things in seriousness. They take it as crazy because the idea of a giant hairy proto-human walking around in the woods that can consistently avoid our detection with an astonishing success rate is simply unfathomable to them, in the sense that they literally cannot imagine such a creature, or more precisely cannot imagine such skills of evasion coming from natural ability and intelligence alone. Add to that the goofy name "bigfoot", a couple exposed hoaxes, the general attitude of media coverage, and the absence of anything science can take to the bank in over 60 years, and there you have it.

It has much more to do with the general idea held by most of Western civilization of man having completely conquered the world than it does with differing viewpoints within the community of proponents.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Franco, I understand what you are saying and somewhat agree. I do believe, though, that most of the general public knows nothing about the woo stuff except for association with aliens and then only because of the tabloids. Most just aren't interested enough to see Sasquatch as anything other than entertainment. Disregarding  all the woo, in their minds, ALL the evidence can be hoaxed and knowers are mental, misidentifiers, and/or liars throwing out  outlandish claims that they saw something that they are sure doesn't exist. So, they ridicule it.

You are right that proving they exist would likely stop the ridicule. 

• Like 1