How Many Members have had a sighting/experience?

DrBunsonHoneyDew

I have had 4 "sightings" since moving to the mountains. But I have to put that in quotes because in all cases, it was far enough away to be indeterminate and one of those is that an all black person or Sasquatch?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe because - When I was a child it made itself known to me and 2 other adults at the time in a cemetery - near our family property  I was at a hand pump well getting water and the adults were probably visiting  a loved one - we never spoke as they drove off quick 

Edited by whatwasdat
bad click
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, whatwasdat said:

I believe because - When I was a child it made itself known to me and 2 other adults at the time in a cemetery - near our family property  I was at a hand pump well getting water and the adults were probably visiting  a loved one - we never spoke as they drove off quick 

Ok. I will bite.

How did it make itself known to you guys?

• 4 months later...
Guest believeRN

I've only gone out with the intention of searching for Bigfoot once (and didn't find one) 😋 In 2011, I saw eyeshine that I can't find any explanation for other than Bigfoot. This was in central Oregon, near Silver Lake. On two occasions heard vocalizations that didn't sound like any other animals I know of - once in the Tillamook Stare Forest and once at a lake in the Cascade Mountains in Oregon. And found 1 possible print while on a hike in the Columbia River Gorge. Although I grew up in Oregon and undoubtedly had some level of exposure to Bigfoot being a "thing", until my encounter in 2011 and subsequent researching to figure out what the heck we saw, I didn't really every spend any time thinking about Bigfoot 🤔

On 9/7/2019 at 8:01 AM, OkieFoot said:

To a certain extent, this is true. It's not always this way but at least a good deal of the time it is. There have been quite a few witnesses that have been out engaged in various activities that have reportedly seen what they describe as a Bigfoot standing behind a tree etc. already watching them. Or campers or cabin dwellers in the woods having rocks thrown towards them by something that came to check them out. Whether due to hearing humans making noise and were curious, the creature sought out the humans, which led to the sighting. 

My friend and I went wood cutting in the Butte Falls area that is North of Medford, Oregon. This was around 1977. Bigfoot was not a consideration for me or my partner, Bill. We cut up fire wood all day until we dropped, and spread out our tarp and plopped our sleeping bags down for a night’s sleep. It was a warm summer night in the open forest with tall trees spread all over. We were on the forest floor that was flat ground with tall fir and hemlock trees with some brush here and there. Something woke me up. I looked across this clearing to this dimly lit, huge fallen log about forty feet away. This hair covered creature is behind the log staring at me. It has no big fuzzy ears like a bear. A Black Bear has a flat head and long snout, and this animal had a cone shaped head and no snout. This animal had broad shoulders much wider than a bear. Only the top one fourth of its body was showing since the log blocked the rest of the view. Having no fear still puzzles me to this day and writing about this event helps. Welcome to the new forum members.

Edited by georgerm
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, believeRN said:

This was in central Oregon, near Silver Lake.

16 hours ago, believeRN said:

once at a lake in the Cascade Mountains in Oregon.

I don't want to put you on the spot, but if you are willing to give more detail, or willing to give it by PM, I am curious since I spend a bit of time over around Silver Lake and also at lakes in the Cascades, especially the southern part, I'd appreciate it.  It might add more to my map o' data points.

Thanks ..

MIB

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

What did you do....just watch it, wake your friend up, get up and walk over,  turn over and go back to sleep, other?

My intuition was just to lay still, don't move, try to decipher what was looking at me. I froze but not in fear. There was no growling, or intimidation but just staring. When I tried to wake up Bill, he just kept sleeping................. we were dead tired. When I looked back, it was gone, and it never came back. I went back to sleep and wrote it off since bigfoot was never on my mind . 

• Upvote 1

@georgerm ...back then who knew was a sasquatch/bigfoot was?  It was something that didn't belong but we glossed over it.  Now, with benefit of BFF, we'd know exactly what was going on and take a different approach.

@NorthWind... great story and thank you for sharing. Your observation that there are strange and seemingly inexplicable things out there is spot on.

Edited by wiiawiwb

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic