How Many Members have had a sighting/experience?

DrBunsonHoneyDew

What keeps me going is I've had a number of things happen; much to my chagrin everything short of a sighting. I have several friends who have had sightings and one guy had an up-close encounter...yikes!  I wasn't there but trust them implicitly.

I've had footprints on and off trail and one footprint off-trail was massive. I've had branches ripped down or trees toppled very close by, while several of us were by the fire in camp. Once there was the "smell" while hiking in a remote area that I knew was fresh. There was a certain location that twice produced red eyeshine. One time, whatever it was, moved feverishly to evade my flashlight.  Then there were two late-night return wood knocks, that were very close, from areas that were swampy and inaccessible. That sealed the deal for me.  My best incident so far is a thermal of a wide-shouldered bipedal "thing" reaching down to the ground to pick something up. Coincidentally,  the thermal was taken in the exact location where a branch-ripping, stone-throwing incident occurred with myself and two friends a year before.

No one thing would tip the scales but collectively I know I'm in the right area and just waiting for that magical moment.  I hope it comes either by day or by night.

Edited by wiiawiwb

18 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

@georgerm ...back then who knew was a sasquatch/bigfoot was?  It was something that didn't belong but we glossed over it.  Now, with benefit of BFF, we'd know exactly what was going on and take a different approach.

@NorthWind... great story and thank you for sharing. Your observation that there are strange and seemingly inexplicable things out there is spot on.

Your statement is true,  I glossed over the sighting. However, the visual memory from 1977 has remained fixed in my mind even today as I write this. I drew a pencil sketch of this encounter and will post it soon. After a few years went by and hearing more about bigfoot, I began to realize that I saw a bigfoot. Now I realize one of the best ways to see a bigfoot is what I accidentally discovered. Find a brave partner, locate a  squachy forest, cook dinner, play music and get the attention of any near by bigfoots. Do this on a warm summer night. No tent but sleep out on a tarp in a warm sleeping bag. Listen for sounds and wait. Just in case a bear, cougar or unfriendly bigfoot comes along. What kind of gun is best to have?  Do this in a well lit forest with plenty of moon light. Does this sound too fool hardy? Have your car close by so you can take refuge in case things go wrong.    

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

What keeps me going is I've had a number of things happen; much to my chagrin everything short of a sighting. I have several friends who have had sightings and one guy had an up-close encounter...yikes!  I wasn't there but trust them implicitly.

I've had footprints on and off trail and one footprint off-trail was massive. I've had branches ripped down or trees toppled very close by, while several of us were by the fire in camp. Once there was the "smell" while hiking in a remote area that I knew was fresh. There was a certain location that twice produced red eyeshine. One time, whatever it was, moved feverishly to evade my flashlight.  Then there were two late-night return wood knocks, that were very close, from areas that were swampy and inaccessible. That sealed the deal for me.  My best incident so far is a thermal of a wide-shouldered bipedal "thing" reaching down to the ground to pick something up. Coincidentally,  the thermal was taken in the exact location where a branch-ripping, stone-throwing incident occurred with myself and two friends a year before.

No one thing would tip the scales but collectively I know I'm in the right area and just waiting for that magical moment.  I hope it comes either by day or by night.

You are in a good area. You have had more action than most. What state are you in? You have had lots more action than most people. Put out some food and let them know you are friendly. Stay armed in case one in the bigfoot group is a grouch. 

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

Have your car close by so you can take refuge in case things go wrong.    

Back it in or turn it around when you get there so you can pull out fast if needed. Keep the keys handy, too. 

As for firearm, depends. When camping, I have an AR with a boatload of loaded mags handy. And a 12 gauge with an extra 6 shells on the side saddle. My 1911 and two extra mags on my person.

Hiking, usually just my 1911.

• Upvote 1

I posted this in another thread. *What I neglected to share in the other thread was during my experience, when I knew not to turn around, in my mind’s eye I pictured what I called a werewolf behind me. I didn’t....and don’t....think werewolves are real, but I think it was the only word I could come up with for what my subconscious presented; a huge hairy upright creature. Maybe this is how werewolf lore came about. 

Thirty-four years ago we’d moved to Cleveland, Tennessee. We were staying in an apartment several miles out of town in a very rural, forested area. It was a small complex, and our unit bumped up to the woods. We stepped out our door and two steps away was a steep incline leading into hundreds of acres of woods. My mom and I initially enjoyed hiking around back there, but we finally quit due to a very spooky feeling of being watched. I was raised in the country, as was my mom, so we weren’t city clickers frightened by a chickadee tweet. 

So, one day my dumb teenaged self decided to go for a walk alone in the woods. I’ve no idea what was going through my head. I remember heading up the incline, then my next memory is rounding the path curve about 50 feet in. That’s where I lose time. I believe Bigfoot is flesh and blood, so this dissociation isn’t a paranormal thing because later I learned in therapy I did dissociate on occasion. Seeing a bear or cougar in stalk mode would’ve just as easily caused me to go blank. My next memory is walking back in a panic but keeping my walk calm. I knew something was right behind me stalking me, had been stalking me for awhile, and I knew not to run. I also knew not to look back because it would cause me to lose control and run. *see above. I can’t convey how powerful that specific impression was. At this point when my memory returned I was within 10 feet of the top of the incline, the exit out of the woods. I could see our apartment. It took all my willpower to not break into a run because I was so close, but I kept walking quickly but calmly. 

I think I saw something as I rounded the corner, and that’s when I blanked out. I assume at that point I turned around and headed back and “came to” around 10 feet from the incline. Statistically this was probably a black bear. They’re silent stalkers. Maybe I was overreacting, but my life depending on not running is the single most powerful feeling associated with the experience to this day. In the intervening decades I’ve read a lot of animal attack stories, and so many of them involve the victims seeming to have sudden instinctive feelings of what to do or not do. 

I could kick myself for not peeking out the window once I got safely in the apartment. 

My mom had a less intense experience. One day she climbed half way up the hill to sit and eat lunch in the warm sun. Her back was to the woods. About half way through her sandwich she suddenly felt a menacing presence behind her. She got back into the apartment immediately. With her sandwich!. I asked, haha. Make note, researchers: it’s possible baloney sandwiches may be the secret weapon to attracting a Bigfoot. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, NorthWind said:

As we were passing this pond which you cannot see, Tucker’s hackles went up and he started growling loud, and baring his teeth. His eyes were fixed on the small trees next to us. These trees were maybe 20 feet tall. Almost like tall bushes, really. Just as I was really realizing that something was in there, that something growled from the cover of those trees. Loud as hell. I could feel it in my chest, even. I could feel my hair stand up. That had never happened to me before, and it was a really strange sensation. That growl was so low in pitch and loud! It was not a gator, as I have heard those sounds before many times. Then the trees began shaking VIOLENTLY. I thought whatever it was was either going to rip them down or come charging out, so I had my 1911 drawn. We backed away from those trees without turning around. I did not want to turn my back to them. My heart was pounding. I was scared crapless.

I had a very similar experience.  I was walking in to some woods in a wetland area with my two dogs a few years ago in the winter.  We do this almost on a weekly basis and while I have never seen another human being in this area there are tree stands so I know they are visited by hunters.  At this point I have had 3-4 BF encounters and have studied them through reports for 10 years so I think I have them kind of figured out.  We took a slightly different route this time because time was short so  angled in to the wetland and cut off 600+ yards of my usual path.  I get to the lake and start to hear this enormous scream start to ramp up.  My bain goes first to this is so cool, I have always wanted to hear one close by.  After a minute the trees about 75 yards in front and above me (I was in a kind of saddle)  start thrashing like you say above.  It so confused my brain as I could not think this was possible that my brain switched and came to the conclusion a jet or meteor was crashing through the canopy.  A few seconds later a second scream comes at me from ~600 yards away across the water.  My brain then goes to holy shi, there are two of them.  I was never scared but really really confused.  Once the shakin stoped I realized the second scream was simply an echo, a very very loud echo,  off the far shoreline.  I was defenseless and expected a 8ft BF to come screaming down the hill after me and I was a good 1/4 mile from civilization.  All I heard afterwards were some squirrels rustling around.  I must have stared at the spot of the noise for 2 solid minutes and saw absolutely nothing.  It is dead of winter so there were no leaves and I could probably see200-300 yards in front of me.  I slowly came to the conclusion that in angling in to the woods towards the water I cutoff the BF path back home and this was a friendly, but forceful warning.  I grabbed my dogs and retreated back from when I came.  However, curiousity got the better of me and I doubled back to the spot of the screaming.  Absolutely nothing.   I have been back to that spot 50-100 times over the years and for the life of me never understood how I could not see anything, but it clearly saw me.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

I had a very similar experience.  I was walking in to some woods in a wetland area with my two dogs a few years ago in the winter.  We do this almost on a weekly basis and while I have never seen another human being in this area there are tree stands so I know they are visited by hunters.  At this point I have had 3-4 BF encounters and have studied them through reports for 10 years so I think I have them kind of figured out.  We took a slightly different route this time because time was short so  angled in to the wetland and cut off 600+ yards of my usual path.  I get to the lake and start to hear this enormous scream start to ramp up.  My bain goes first to this is so cool, I have always wanted to hear one close by.  After a minute the trees about 75 yards in front and above me (I was in a kind of saddle)  start thrashing like you say above.  It so confused my brain as I could not think this was possible that my brain switched and came to the conclusion a jet or meteor was crashing through the canopy.  A few seconds later a second scream comes at me from ~600 yards away across the water.  My brain then goes to holy shi, there are two of them.  I was never scared but really really confused.  Once the shakin stoped I realized the second scream was simply an echo, a very very loud echo,  off the far shoreline.  I was defenseless and expected a 8ft BF to come screaming down the hill after me and I was a good 1/4 mile from civilization.  All I heard afterwards were some squirrels rustling around.  I must have stared at the spot of the noise for 2 solid minutes and saw absolutely nothing.  It is dead of winter so there were no leaves and I could probably see200-300 yards in front of me.  I slowly came to the conclusion that in angling in to the woods towards the water I cutoff the BF path back home and this was a friendly, but forceful warning.  I grabbed my dogs and retreated back from when I came.  However, curiousity got the better of me and I doubled back to the spot of the screaming.  Absolutely nothing.   I have been back to that spot 50-100 times over the years and for the life of me never understood how I could not see anything, but it clearly saw me.

What kind of dogs and how did they react to this?

edit   White Shepherds ?

Edited by 7.62

In 2012, I was picking up my kid late at night at summer camp. He couldn't handle the overnight part, so it was 10 or 11pm. I parked as far out in the parking lot as I could, and stargazed on a beautiful late summer evening. I noticed whistling in the woods, from two areas.  Eventually I had the bright idea to whistle back. We traded whistles, and the whistlers triangulated on my position and moved in slowly. Suddenly i realized there were two "somethings" behind a shed and a cabin,  and freaked out.

My son made it only to dinner the next few nights. The last night at camp, I told him that I was unavailable and he had to stay until the last campfire ended, at midnight. I pulled into the same spot, and immediately the whistling began, but from one area. I knocked on the side of my van - and it answered. We traded knocks until it zapped me, and I groveled, crying on the floor of my van for 10 minutes. Then the horrible sensation stopped, I traded a few more knocks and whistles like nothing had just happened. The campfire broke up, and 300 kids ran screaming back towards their cabins and that was that. I grabbed my kid and skedaddled.

We returned numerous times to the same general area, but at the riverside areas behind the camp. One night a friend and I went at dusk, and had to walk back in the dark. We had bushes shaken and huffing/chuffing vocalizations and a big snap/slap/knock as we hurried to my truck.

In 2018, I was walking my dog at one of the lakes, where some repairs were happening on a picnic area path and bathroom. We walked down to the steep, rocky beach and meandered around into the next bay. It was pretty, so I took a photo. My dog alerted and refused to walk further. As I tried to coax him to move, something YIPPED at me, "Pip!" It was loud, and came from the treeline further down the bay. I was extremely creeped out, and we left immediately (we had a lot of bigfootish stuff happen in that area, and historically around there that I was well aware of).  I think we surprised and scared the daylights out of both of us. When I got home, I could see the bigfoot in the bushes in my photo, just a tiny (but obvious-to-me) blobsquatch. The photo is in the blobsquatche section here, the rest in my sub-forum.

I've found at least two other probably-not-pareidolia blobsquatches in other photos following interesting days bigfooting in the woods. In one instance, I could hear quiet bipedal steps in the forest behind dense bushes. The three of us moved on it, and one of us saw something dark duck into the woods 100 yards across the meadow.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

In 2012, I was picking up my kid late at night at summer camp. He couldn't handle the overnight part, so it was 10 or 11pm. I parked as far out in the parking lot as I could, and stargazed on a beautiful late summer evening. I noticed whistling in the woods, from two areas.  Eventually I had the bright idea to whistle back. We traded whistles, and the whistlers triangulated on my position and moved in slowly. Suddenly i realized there were two "somethings" behind a shed and a cabin,  and freaked out.

My son made it only to dinner the next few nights. The last night at camp, I told him that I was unavailable and he had to stay until the last campfire ended, at midnight. I pulled into the same spot, and immediately the whistling began, but from one area. I knocked on the side of my van - and it answered. We traded knocks until it zapped me, and I groveled, crying on the floor of my van for 10 minutes. Then the horrible sensation stopped, I traded a few more knocks and whistles like nothing had just happened. The campfire broke up, and 300 kids ran screaming back towards their cabins and that was that. I grabbed my kid and skedaddled.

We returned numerous times to the same general area, but at the riverside areas behind the camp. One night a friend and I went at dusk, and had to walk back in the dark. We had bushes shaken and huffing/chuffing vocalizations and a big snap/slap/knock as we hurried to my truck.

In 2018, I was walking my dog at one of the lakes, where some repairs were happening on a picnic area path and bathroom. We walked down to the steep, rocky beach and meandered around into the next bay. It was pretty, so I took a photo. My dog alerted and refused to walk further. As I tried to coax him to move, something YIPPED at me, "Pip!" It was loud, and came from the treeline further down the bay. I was extremely creeped out, and we left immediately (we had a lot of bigfootish stuff happen in that area, and historically around there that I was well aware of).  I think we surprised and scared the daylights out of both of us. When I got home, I could see the bigfoot in the bushes in my photo, just a tiny (but obvious-to-me) blobsquatch. The photo is in the blobsquatche section here, the rest in my sub-forum.

I've found at least two other probably-not-pareidolia blobsquatches in other photos following interesting days bigfooting in the woods. In one instance, I could hear quiet bipedal steps in the forest behind dense bushes. The three of us moved on it, and one of us saw something dark duck into the woods 100 yards across the meadow.

You and @Sasfooty may want to connect.

I'm sorry...if they can do what you're describing, this entire forum should be paranormal and you should not be going out into the woods looking for "them" unless it's for ....... Whatever motivates you. Dollars, internet fame, a cult following, or maybe all of the above.

• Downvote 4

I see absolutely nothing paranormal in what I experienced. Nada. Creatures in the woods spying on humans doing interesting things. What's so weird about that?

And infrasound is a scientific phenomenon. 

For the record - it's none of the above. I've hung out with famous people who are names you'd recognize instantly due to working at major Hollywood studios for a decade,  and I don't care or want that. I spend money on this hobby, I certainly don't earn it. More followers would be fun, but not necessary. I like the conversations and interactions with likeminded folks. My motivation is twofold  - burning curiosity and I just like being outside in the woods!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Lam90 said:

I posted this in another thread. *What I neglected to share in the other thread was during my experience, when I knew not to turn around, in my mind’s eye I pictured what I called a werewolf behind me. I didn’t....and don’t....think werewolves are real, but I think it was the only word I could come up with for what my subconscious presented; a huge hairy upright creature. Maybe this is how werewolf lore came about. 

Thirty-four years ago we’d moved to Cleveland, Tennessee. We were staying in an apartment several miles out of town in a very rural, forested area. It was a small complex, and our unit bumped up to the woods. We stepped out our door and two steps away was a steep incline leading into hundreds of acres of woods. My mom and I initially enjoyed hiking around back there, but we finally quit due to a very spooky feeling of being watched. I was raised in the country, as was my mom, so we weren’t city clickers frightened by a chickadee tweet. 

So, one day my dumb teenaged self decided to go for a walk alone in the woods. I’ve no idea what was going through my head. I remember heading up the incline, then my next memory is rounding the path curve about 50 feet in. That’s where I lose time. I believe Bigfoot is flesh and blood, so this dissociation isn’t a paranormal thing because later I learned in therapy I did dissociate on occasion. Seeing a bear or cougar in stalk mode would’ve just as easily caused me to go blank. My next memory is walking back in a panic but keeping my walk calm. I knew something was right behind me stalking me, had been stalking me for awhile, and I knew not to run. I also knew not to look back because it would cause me to lose control and run. *see above. I can’t convey how powerful that specific impression was. At this point when my memory returned I was within 10 feet of the top of the incline, the exit out of the woods. I could see our apartment. It took all my willpower to not break into a run because I was so close, but I kept walking quickly but calmly. 

I think I saw something as I rounded the corner, and that’s when I blanked out. I assume at that point I turned around and headed back and “came to” around 10 feet from the incline. Statistically this was probably a black bear. They’re silent stalkers. Maybe I was overreacting, but my life depending on not running is the single most powerful feeling associated with the experience to this day. In the intervening decades I’ve read a lot of animal attack stories, and so many of them involve the victims seeming to have sudden instinctive feelings of what to do or not do. 

I could kick myself for not peeking out the window once I got safely in the apartment. 

My mom had a less intense experience. One day she climbed half way up the hill to sit and eat lunch in the warm sun. Her back was to the woods. About half way through her sandwich she suddenly felt a menacing presence behind her. She got back into the apartment immediately. With her sandwich!. I asked, haha. Make note, researchers: it’s possible baloney sandwiches may be the secret weapon to attracting a Bigfoot. 

Lam90 your experience is not rare since I've read several similar incidents. Your first impression of werewolf is probably accurate. Bears and cougars follow right on the path from my limited knowledge. Their stalking mode will be quiet and the attack will be a surprise. Anyone know about this? Bigfoots follow off the path or parallel when they want to push you out of the area. They probably follow directly on the path if they are curious or are in real stalking mode.  

Yes, a horrid experience, and are you better now?  What is dissociation?  Good therapy is to draw a picture of what you saw. I'm going to try and post my sketch soon. 

This following stocking behavior happened to my wife up near Hyatt Lake, Oregon, and a lady here in Coos Bay, Oregon. My wife was followed for about 40 minutes and so was this lady. My wife had a rifle which is a confidence builder. They were followed off trail or parallel following. I might go back out there today! Will report back.

Edited by georgerm

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

Lam90 your experience is not rare since I've read several similar incidents. Your first impression of werewolf is probably accurate. Bears and cougars follow right on the path from my limited knowledge. Their stalking mode will be quiet and the attack will be a surprise. Anyone know about this? Bigfoots follow off the path or parallel when they want to push you out of the area. They probably follow directly on the path if they are curious or are in real stalking mode.  

Yes, a horrid experience, and are you better now?  What is dissociation?  Good therapy is to draw a picture of what you saw. I'm going to try and post my sketch soon. 

This following stocking behavior happened to my wife up near Hyatt Lake, Oregon, and a lady here in Coos Bay, Oregon. My wife was followed for about 40 minutes and so was this lady. My wife had a rifle which is a confidence builder. They were followed off trail or parallel following. I might go back out there today! Will report back.

I’d love to see your sketch. I’ve been thinking of drawing it as well. Good idea! I felt stalked in a predatory way, but I could’ve misinterpreted it. I’d imagine anyone being followed by a curious hairy forest beast of either the two-legged or four-legged variety would feel like dinner. Maybe all my formative years of watching Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom came home to roost. :D 

The only info I have regarding cougar or black bear stalking is what I’ve read. Those that stalk humans openly are, I assume, outliers so I’m not sure I can make a guess on typical stalking behavior. It fascinates me though. 

Dissociation is typically related to trauma. It’s the separation of the conscious mind from the situation. It’s a God-given way for the mind to survive what it can’t deal with. The time period one is dissociated is just a black hole, like trying to remember sleeping. It’s why I have no conscious memories of most of this event. They’re buried in my subconscious. I was physically there but mentally checked out except for that short time I described.  

Yes, thank you, I’m fine now. My therapy wasn’t at all related to this incident. I only recently made the connection between my past history of dissociating (I don’t anymore thanks to therapy) and my lack of memories during the experience. BF wasn’t on my radar back then as I thought it was strictly a PNW thing. Yes, a gun is a great confidence builder. Id never venture into the woods alone without one now. 

I’d imagine that was a very, very long 40 minutes for your wife! Did she have any sense of being watched or was it noises that clued her in? Did the follower break it off or did she arrive at her tent or vehicle? 

This is a great thread and what a fantastic sketch.  You've got a lot of artistic talent!  In your mind's eye, can you zoom in and see the face with any detail? If so, did you ever try sketching that?

It was not close enough and the moon light was no good enough to see any detail. My career started as a landscape architect with the forest service in Medford, Oregon, and sketching was an important part of the job. Later, I became disillusioned with the forest service and quit.........................  how stupid......  At that time around 1975 we never talked about bigfoot. 

I wish they would come out and confirm bigfoots. My brother laughed at me again today because one of his friends told him of a report I put on facebook. It's about Laird Logging finding a crushed  bigfoot under a wind blown down tree. He spoke with a Laird that said it never happened.  

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic