How Many Members have had a sighting/experience?

DrBunsonHoneyDew

16 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

I see absolutely nothing paranormal in what I experienced. Nada. Creatures in the woods spying on humans doing interesting things. What's so weird about that?

And infrasound is a scientific phenomenon. 

For the record - it's none of the above. I've hung out with famous people who are names you'd recognize instantly due to working at major Hollywood studios for a decade,  and I don't care or want that. I spend money on this hobby, I certainly don't earn it. More followers would be fun, but not necessary. I like the conversations and interactions with likeminded folks. My motivation is twofold  - burning curiosity and I just like being outside in the woods!

Glad to hear it. Here's your upvote.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:34 PM, Madison5716 said:

In 2012, I was picking up my kid late at night at summer camp. He couldn't handle the overnight part, so it was 10 or 11pm. I parked as far out in the parking lot as I could, and stargazed on a beautiful late summer evening. I noticed whistling in the woods, from two areas.  Eventually I had the bright idea to whistle back. We traded whistles, and the whistlers triangulated on my position and moved in slowly. Suddenly i realized there were two "somethings" behind a shed and a cabin,  and freaked out.

My son made it only to dinner the next few nights. The last night at camp, I told him that I was unavailable and he had to stay until the last campfire ended, at midnight. I pulled into the same spot, and immediately the whistling began, but from one area. I knocked on the side of my van - and it answered. We traded knocks until it zapped me, and I groveled, crying on the floor of my van for 10 minutes. Then the horrible sensation stopped, I traded a few more knocks and whistles like nothing had just happened. The campfire broke up, and 300 kids ran screaming back towards their cabins and that was that. I grabbed my kid and skedaddled.

We returned numerous times to the same general area, but at the riverside areas behind the camp. One night a friend and I went at dusk, and had to walk back in the dark. We had bushes shaken and huffing/chuffing vocalizations and a big snap/slap/knock as we hurried to my truck.

In 2018, I was walking my dog at one of the lakes, where some repairs were happening on a picnic area path and bathroom. We walked down to the steep, rocky beach and meandered around into the next bay. It was pretty, so I took a photo. My dog alerted and refused to walk further. As I tried to coax him to move, something YIPPED at me, "Pip!" It was loud, and came from the treeline further down the bay. I was extremely creeped out, and we left immediately (we had a lot of bigfootish stuff happen in that area, and historically around there that I was well aware of).  I think we surprised and scared the daylights out of both of us. When I got home, I could see the bigfoot in the bushes in my photo, just a tiny (but obvious-to-me) blobsquatch. The photo is in the blobsquatche section here, the rest in my sub-forum.

I've found at least two other probably-not-pareidolia blobsquatches in other photos following interesting days bigfooting in the woods. In one instance, I could hear quiet bipedal steps in the forest behind dense bushes. The three of us moved on it, and one of us saw something dark duck into the woods 100 yards across the meadow.

Trust your dog

Yep!

This is the picture of him alerting to whatever was down the shoreline. After that, I needed two hands on the leash.

1219181334.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

On 1/24/2020 at 7:44 PM, 7.62 said:

What kind of dogs and how did they react to this?

edit   White Shepherds ?

A white female German Shepherd and a male Siberian husky.  About 170 pounds of dog.  Neither of them really reacted in any way.  The husky is a sweaty but the Shepherd is not very friendly with strangers or other animals.  If I recall, the shepherd was off leash but right beside me.  When it started I immediately put her on the lead and all 3 of us looked up the hill towards the scream.  When it ended it was dead silent minus the rustling of a squirrel.  The dogs didn't really seem to care.

In a related note my wife and I heard some screaming back and forth Saturday while walking the dogs in a different location.  It was probably 1/4 mile away and on the other side of a river so it was not clear.  Honestly could not identify the sound but it was pretty cool in that it seemed like it was back and forth between two locations.  It was one of those times where the brain registers something, you are not sure what so you focus the brain for a moment.  Nothing happens and you move on and then it happens again and you are like ...really??, ...what is that so you hold your focus for longer.  I caught the 3rd and 4th scream more clearly and asked my wife if she heard it and she caught the last one.  Cool moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My wife and I have had "something" throw rocks at us, found possible footprints, heard strange sounds we couldn't identify, and while camping woke up on two seperate occasions to mysterious hand prints on our car (one was enormous). And my wife was once touched by "something" through the car window in the early morning hours. Still, we've never actually seen one, so none of our experiences are actually conclusive. Hopefully some day!

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Lamplight said:

My wife and I have had "something" throw rocks at us, found possible footprints, heard strange sounds we couldn't identify, and while camping woke up on two seperate occasions to mysterious hand prints on our car (one was enormous). And my wife was once touched by "something" through the car window in the early morning hours. Still, we've never actually seen one, so none of our experiences are actually conclusive. Hopefully some day!

Your experiences were probably 99 percent bigfoot activity unless some kook is playing bigfoot tricks................. ? I can't believe you are not rattled. Don't doubt your experiences since doubt puts you in danger. Know about bigfoot mode of opperation. That is spooky ..... sorry to say, so keep a 357 or 44 mag in the car so you can protect your wife. Shoot 100 rounds at the shooting range so you feel confident with the pistol and don't accidently shoot your wife in a panic.

Reaching through the window is totally weird and unacceptable.  My friend had one rub its hand over his face while sleeing out. 

what general area were you in?  state        type of terrain     how many times out there? 

16 hours ago, Lamplight said:

So this is car camping inside a camp ground or boondocking in a more remote location and are you  two  sleeping inside the  car while camping? 

Is this bear country , black bear or grizzly where this occurred ? The hand prints did they resemble a bears paws or was it no doubt human in shape?

2 hours ago, georgerm said:

Your experiences were probably 99 percent bigfoot activity unless some kook is playing bigfoot tricks................. ? I can't believe you are not rattled. Don't doubt your experiences since doubt puts you in danger. Know about bigfoot mode of opperation. That is spooky ..... sorry to say, so keep a 357 or 44 mag in the car so you can protect your wife. Shoot 100 rounds at the shooting range so you feel confident with the pistol and don't accidently shoot your wife in a panic.

Reaching through the window is totally weird and unacceptable.  My friend had one rub its hand over his face while sleeing out. 

what general area were you in?  state        type of terrain     how many times out there? 

I started carrying one :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Lamplight said:

while camping woke up on two seperate occasions to mysterious hand prints on our car (one was enormous)

Lamplight

Did you take pictures of these handprints that were on your car?  Stuff like this would make one wonder what visited your camp site . I know when I had my encounters I was all over the area looking for prints and looking to see from they had entered and left our camp site.  We even knew where they were standing watching us as we all sat around the camp fire talking.  What makes it even more odd is how they were able to move through the night watching us from tree to tree.  The only way that we knew they were there was my pit bull barking in their direction.  He was tied to a tree.  We took video of the tracks and their foot prints which was on BFF1.0 which is lost on their transfer from servers. I have posted way more stuff on these creatures which some how has been lost on the transfer of Data from server to server on the BFF.  But that is in the past. I look more forward to the future and what it might bring.

I have always carried out in the field. I carry a .45 cal concealed and a 12 gauge  Mossberg in the open. The 12 gauge I have it loaded with a slug , 00 ,slug, 00. slug, 00. My next gun might be a SMG 45 where I can conceal it in my back pack and only pull it out when I get into trouble with these crappers. CQB  and this is how I practice . I have had four in my face encounters with two real scary moments where I thought I was not going to make it out of the woods. I have already PM you about my one moment that I cannot talk about in public.  I have seen a small orange colored fuzzy hair creature waving it's arms at me while I had knocks on three different sides of me. All this happened while hunting out of a ground blind.  Also this does not include the mind thing I did while I sat on my deer stand in the evening hours before darkness.  Then do it again since I did not believe the first one in a ground blind. You figure that I would of stopped but I have not and why not? Because I love the rush you get from the encounters. Now I have not been able to get that rush. So now I feel lost.  

• Haha 1

I also always carry but mostly it has always been a .45 but lately I decided to start carrying my model 29 .44mag.  Thing is I have to get back to the range and get use to it again. Its been years since I practiced with it. I should also carry a long gun but I mostly just stick to a side arm.

On 1/25/2020 at 4:19 PM, georgerm said:

This is a repost of my 43 year old sighting- experience. We weren't doing Jack Daniels, dope or shrooms ................................. just dead tired after cutting 4 cords of wood and stacking it in our truck. We did this by hand and and with no gas wood splitter. We were good ol native Oregonian mountain men working in the beautiful forest. I'm still trying to figure what caused me to snap awake, stare into the woods, and look into the face of some unknown animal looking back at us. I don't remember noise or anything but automatic wake up and look. Maybe infrasound?  What do you think?  It's a good thing there were two of us since I think some bigfoots pick off single warm blooded people in the woods on rare occasions. 

My friend and I went wood cutting in the Butte Falls area that is North of Medford, Oregon. This was around 1977. Bigfoot was not a consideration for me or my partner, Bill. We cut up fire wood all day until we dropped, and spread out our tarp and plopped our sleeping bags down for a night’s sleep. It was a warm summer night in the open forest with tall trees spread all over. We were on the forest floor that was flat ground with tall fir and hemlock trees with some brush here and there. Something woke me up. I looked across this clearing to this dimly lit, huge fallen log about forty feet away. This hair covered creature is behind the log staring at me. It has no big fuzzy ears like a bear. A Black Bear has a flat head and long snout, and this animal had a cone shaped head and no snout. This animal had broad shoulders much wider than a bear. Only the top one fourth of its body was showing since the log blocked the rest of the view. Having no fear still puzzles me to this day and writing about this event helps. Welcome to the new forum members.

sketch_2_bigfoot_001.thumb.jpg.6eef239d9a0094ca200ee9bc113e6a1e.jpg

Wow.

Impressive sketch...

3 hours ago, 7.62 said:

I also always carry but mostly it has always been a .45 but lately I decided to start carrying my model 29 .44mag.  Thing is I have to get back to the range and get use to it again. Its been years since I practiced with it. I should also carry a long gun but I mostly just stick to a side arm.

Come to the dark side...

22991.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic