Lost Interest In Backpacking Or Hiking Due To Bf?

georgerm

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2010 at 7:40 PM, georgerm said:

Has the study of BF caused you to not enjoy nature? When back packing or just hiking in areas where BF roams, does sleeping out creep-you-out to the point where it is not fun? I have read too many stories and ignorance is no longer bliss.

A friend of mine was sleeping out and a BF came up in the middle of the night and put his hand over his face. He freaked and saw the monster running away. This might be a form of BF humor, but incidents like this can ruin the joy of camping out.

I will camp out in a hard body trailer or high in the trees in a hammock, but not alone on the ground unless I have a good big watch dog. I don't have such a dog so forget it. Feeling unprotected in a sleeping is not enjoyable even if I have my 12 guage.

It has heightened my appreciation, immeasurably.  I keep hoping I'll see one, and I guarantee you no one is more steeped in the evidence than me.

I have read a number of unnerving stories.  But until one of them actually happens to me...I'm hoping one does.  OK, maybe one like this (This guy sounds like he did what I think I'd do):

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=57053

To not enjoy the outdoors?  Na I don't think that could happen to me . I love walking in the woods with my dogs.

Now if I feel a little more creeped out on a lonely lake at night in the middle of the woods ..yea maybe but I'm using a thermal monocular recorder so everything

looks creepy through that.

:D

When I had my first encounter with these creatures and I am talking about visual encounter . It was hard for my self to camp or even hike out in the woods at night , even during the day light hours.  I could not even camp by the wood line and in my camper there was no way that I could sleep by the windows . I would sleep on the floor where there were no windows for fear of them reaching in and grabbing me. I would see the handle of my camper door move as though they were trying to get in but then would think it out how easy it would be for them to just rip the door off. The strange part about this is that as they would walk away from the camper they would hoot like owls while my pitbull would curl up by my head in fear and not bark. I could not push my self to look out the windows of  the camper or even look out the door.  This was true fear that I had and it is hard to explain how it had effected me.

Lost?  No.  Bigfoot is one of my motivations, along with fishing, hunting, exploring, taking pictures, etc.    While admit to a touch of PTSD, the fear, such as it is, occurs at home during preparation.  Once my feet hit the ground, it's gone, slate is clean.    Bigfoot would be somewhere down 5th or below on the list of reasonable things to worry about.   

MIB

Yeah, I'm always excited to go into the woods hoping for an encounter.  Since I don't really buy into the BF kills ppl mantra I have no concern for the dangers.  I could be completely wrong and be torn limb from limb but if I do....oopps!!! Lol  The only thing I fear when I'm a camping trip is running out of beer!

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic