Missing 411

OhioSquatch

20 hours ago, Henry Stevens said:

Paulides did two long interviews for that ghost-guy on Coast to Coast. But in it the central theme was human-bigfoot hybrids.  He ran down the Patrick story, you MUST have heard of that one.  But Paulides when on to say he had identified two of Patrick's daughters.  Neither were in good circumstances and Patrick, of course, was long dead.  Paulides went on to name the daughters and place them in the Pacific Northwest.  He also went on to name another individual who claimed to be half bigfoot.  This man was half American Indian.  Paulides met with him as described in this interview and said he was a huge man, very laterally built, who always wanted to live at a somewhat lower temperature than other people.  In other words, he liked the cold.  I think Paulides gave a first name for this man.  This was circa 2013.  After this, Paulides dropped all discussion of human-bigfoot hybrids and degenerated into missing persons.  I know nothing about any book he wrote but it is possible.

I am really surprised you know so little about this since this is so central to any discussion of bigfoot DNA or bigfoot's phylogenetic relation to humans.

Im well aware of the story. As I look across the river at the Colville Reservation. We played the Inchelium Hornets in sports. It’s well known Paulides has boughten hook line and sinker into the Bigfoot = Human hypothesis. There are 12 tribes on that reservation. Including the non treaty Nez Perce (Chief Joseph). I have never seen anyone that remotely looked like they were half Sasquatch. Or Stick Indian as they would call em.

Ketchum’s man-bear-pig DNA study should be thrown out and never spoke of again. It’s a mess and represents broken DNA of many different known species instead of an entire genome of a novel unknown species.

I do admire the 411 books. Brought many strange cases to light. But I reject that what we see in the PGF can produce viable offspring with a human. We cannot have our cake and eat it too. Midtarsal breaks, different arm ratios, Size, height, lack of fire and tools, Sagittal crest..... We point out significant differences in why it CANNOT be a man in a suit? And then turn around and claim that they can produce viable offspring with us? Which is it? 

It would be super easy to have Patrick’s descendants spit in a cup. Give me an address and I can be there in a hour or two. The Gifford-Inchelium ferry is just south of my house.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

Im well aware of the story. As I look across the river at the Colville Reservation. We played the Inchelium Hornets in sports. It’s well known Paulides has boughten hook line and sinker into the Bigfoot = Human hypothesis. There are 12 tribes on that reservation. Including the non treaty Nez Perce (Chief Joseph). I have never seen anyone that remotely looked like they were half Sasquatch. Or Stick Indian as they would call em.

Ketchum’s man-bear-pig DNA study should be thrown out and never spoke of again. It’s a mess and represents broken DNA of many different known species instead of an entire genome of a novel unknown species.

I do admire the 411 books. Brought many strange cases to light. But I reject that what we see in the PGF can produce viable offspring with a human. We cannot have our cake and eat it too. Midtarsal breaks, different arm ratios, Size, height, lack of fire and tools, Sagittal crest..... We point out significant differences in why it CANNOT be a man in a suit? And then turn around and claim that they can produce viable offspring with us? Which is it? 

It would be super easy to have Patrick’s descendants spit in a cup. Give me an address and I can be there in a hour or two. The Gifford-Inchelium ferry is just south of my house.

We're going to have to hang out in front of his house in the bushes.  Ambush him when he gets home from work.  I'll hold him down while you swab him.  I'll swab the next one.

• Haha 1

Here is Jim Boyd video. He was a Lake Band Indian and singer song writer who took interest in Bigfoot. He would be the same tribe as Patrick’s mother. He passed unfortunately recently.

• Thanks 1

Jim Boyd documenting their trip into British Columbia revisiting the northern portion of the Lake Bands homeland that was cut off from them with the US-Canada boundary. The Canadian government does not recognize them as a tribe in Canada. They are a Salish speaking people.

Took a look at Coast to Coast's site and forgot how they like to re-use guests. Paulides has been on there a lot. Maybe the show being discussed was Dec 13, 2013.

I was kind of surprised by this: "Sunday's show was a replay from 3/25/12, when George Knapp was joined for the full four hours by David Paulides, a former lawman turned investigative journalist, for a discussion on a series of weird and odd disappearances in U.S. national parks and forests that no one can explain. "

Anyone talking for 4 hours on any subject is not going to stay on topic and drift into crazy theories.

It's been said before but there is really nothing more to this area of research than people being able to hawk a living from their writing and videos, etc. That's all this is.

Colville Reservation--that is it.  Patrick's mother was abducted there.  My son was living in nearby Sandpoint at the time so I told him the story.  There are lots of stories of Indian women being abducted and giving birth so there may be more out there.  

8 hours ago, Arvedis said:

There is no way that Paulides broke character and proclaimed he was aware of or researched actual bf hybrids. He may have mentioned something about it as a far off speculative subject. But even that is suspiciously off target for what we know of as his m.o.. 

Paulides has been ultra careful of his position and has never speculated. He has dropped dry hints every now and again.

So either the claimant finds the exact podcast with exact timestamp or it didn't happen.

Yes, he did exactly this.  Unfortunately, he then chose the easy, money making, commercial path.  Just a total zero.

Unless he is independently wealthy, he has bills to pay just like each one of us.  If his pursuit of a "money-making" path allows him the financial freedom to continue examining missing cases of hikers, hunters, and others, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Unless he is independently wealthy, he has bills to pay just like each one of us.  If his pursuit of a "money-making" path allows him the financial freedom to continue examining missing cases of hikers, hunters, and others, I'm all for it.

I don't think that people understand how little money is involved in something like this...

It's Missing 411.  It's not like he owns Apple or something.  He gets the revenue from his books,  what little merchandise he has for sale, and whatever income is generated by his two films.

I don't do Bigfoot conventions, but I have gone to 2 events to see him speak...one large and one small.  I got the impression that the larger event put him up for his stay,but when the costs involved with the trip are factored in with the cost of making the products that he sold during his show...the guy is doing better than breaking even, but not by a ton.  

Whether you like him or not, the guy does a bunch of on the ground research in national parks or remote areas.  The fact that he is self funding allows him to do more research and release more books than if he was working a 9-5 selling shoes or something.  Considering his popularity and the demand for his work...I don't understand why he would not take advantage of the situation to allow himself to focus entirely on his research.  I am a big fan of capitalism.  The market has a need that he is able to fill, which allows him more time and resources to investigate. 

This sort of thing is expensive.  I am not operating on the same level as Dave, and I have spent thousands of dollars out of my own pocket just over the last year on looking into this stuff. I would tabulate it up, but I don't even want to know the number.  

My experience with conventions is limited, but I will say that he was the first one to set up and almost the last to leave during the vendor portion.  Most of his time during that vendor portion was spent speaking with people who had their own experiences.  The guy definitely lives and breathes this stuff.  He is as knowledgeable in person as he comes across during his interviews. 

He does come across as a bit sensitive concerning his work, but honestly...I would too given his situation.  You stumble across a missing persons phenomenon stretching across the world and several decades...you spend countless hours pouring through documents, interviewing eyewitnesses, physically going into remote areas...and then some schlub like Steph Young proceeds to cherry pick your work to release her own books on the subject.  I would be a bit sensitive too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A bit off topic, maybe.   From twitter, @canammissing (ie David Paulides)

On Sunday, my son, Ben lost his battle with mental illness. He was the director of Missing 411, a 4 yr starter on Miami Oh hockey team. I’m a broken person, I miss him beyond words. Please pray for Ben’s soul, he’s on the journey to heaven.

A parent's worst nightmare.  

• Sad 2